67. Too long

Eunsun: A star for the king

The next three months weren’t any better. This mass case of abductions continued to spread, bringing a cause for alarm in the land. The police and the army were starting to recruit more members in the aid of possibly preventing a further spread. However the criminals were still able to elude the forces and continue with their conquest through out Korea. Youngmin was running out of ideas. He was now in a meeting with all the ministers and their Prime Minister in the house of Parliament.

“We must set a curfew,” the Minister of National Defense banged his fist on his desk. The other Ministers present began to mutter amongst themselves. Eric who was sitting on Youngmins’ right hand was getting annoyed. “They’re a bunch of kids.”

“What did you say?!”

“Shall I say it a bit louder?!”

“Eric now is not the time…” Youngmin pressed down on Eric’s shoulder, seating him instantly. Youngmin looked to Donggun who didn’t seem affected by the current drama. “Has there been anything discovered of this rebel group yet?”

“Nothing as I’m aware,” it seemed natural for Donggun to lie through his teeth. “The police have arrested a few possible suspects but there wasn’t enough evidence to pin them of anything.” What he really should have said was that there were some suspects with possible links but the information was to remain confidential. Youngmin leaned back in his chair with a weak nod. “I see.”

“You look tired your majesty,” The Minister of Health and Welfare noted. “Have you seen a doctor?”

“Do you think I’ve had the time while coming too and from these things?” Youngmin rested his head on his hand. “I barely even have the time to hug my daughter or kiss my wife!” The assembly was drawn to silence. In all the outbursts and throwing of words they had forgotten his majesty was a family man.

“Maybe we should leave it at that for today.” Donggun suggested but so he could warn the head of the A.R.S that things were getting dangerously obvious. “If you find anything please contact the National Emergency Management Agency or even the Ministry of  Public Administration and Security.” The other Ministers begrudgingly agreed and they bowed to Youngmin who was the first to leave.

***

Eric found himself walking closer to Youngmin as if to protect him. They came through the entrance of the building to the car which was waiting for them. “They were right,” Eric grabbed Youngmins’ face as if to examine it, “you don’t look too good.” Youngmin moved away from the touching, “it’s because I’ve got a lot to do. That’s all.”

“Well don’t let yourself forget about what life’s all about,” Eric couldn’t continue the sentence as the media discovered them. It was up to Eric to shield the king and speak on behalf of him to the press. The only thing he said was ‘no comment.’

“Still,” Eric was deep in thought, “I would have thought they would have found something by now.  No one’s perfect. Someone, somewhere from this rebellion should have already slipped up.”

“But it may already have been covered up by something.” Eric’s mouth dropped open as he turned to his friend leaning against his car door.

“You can’t mean…”

“Yes, we may have a corrupt member of parliament.”

“But who would want to go and kidnap thousands if not millions of civilians? And for what purpose anyway?”

“That’s what I want to know too,” Youngmin sighed. He couldn’t wait to get home.

***

His wife Eunsun felt the same. She hadn’t seen a lot of Youngmin for the past several months and it was like they weren’t even married. The meetings had started early in the mornings and then finished late in the evenings. By the time she had finished putting Soo-yoon to bed or spent time with her she would return to see Youngmin already asleep. When had been the last time she had felt his lips pressed sweetly against hers or have his gentle caress? When had he last spoken to his daughter?

“I’m worried uncle.” she said as she and the girls sat at her table with her uncle while eating dessert. “I haven’t spoken to him enough to see how he’s really doing.”

“Then you need to talk to him at every free instant.” Hodong swallowed his mouthful, “he needs to know that no matter what happens that you still love and support him.” Eunsun nodded, taking what he said deeply.

“If it helps,” Hara began, “I haven’t exactly heard from Junhyung oppa recently either.”

“Isn’t he in Japan?” Hara shook her head.

“No that’s the thing. There’s rumors’ going around the kpop stars though. Something about trainees from the smaller low-budget companies going missing.” This caught Eunsun’s attention.

“So what’s so special about that?” Gyuri asked.

“They don’t have anything in common,” Hara shrugged. “Some are future visuals, dancers, rappers so I don’t know how this helps.”

“Well there has to be something else,” Gyuri was more certain. “We just need to find out what.” Eunsun nodded, the wheels in her head slowly turning with thoughts.

“How would we find out?” Hodong asked, they looked to the queen, “who out of parliament would know about the entertainment industry?”

“That may be the Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism.”

“Then we should go there,” the other girls were in agreement. Eunsun didn’t know how she would do it, but being queen would more than likely help.

***

Eric checked the time on his pocket watch as they pulled up to the palace gates. “Hmm you may get to say hello to your family after all.” It wasn’t meant to be rude but he still got a frown from Youngmin, “sorry.” Youngmin was quiet as they pulled into the courtyard. The car door opened for him; he had to resist the urge to slam it in Eric’s face. Eric trailed behind with his tail between his legs. The guards greeted the two at the doors and Youngmin moved at a brisker pace, going towards Soo-yoon’s room.

When he arrived he was instantly let in. Soo-yoon got up from her coloring-in to come and hug her father. “I’m sorry princess,” he held her tight as he signed this to her. She shook her head and just hugged him tighter. Youngmin felt his throat tense up and he couldn’t talk. The love of his mute daughter was slowly melting away the stress. He stayed with her, sitting at her table and watching her color in. When she had to go to bed he was sitting next to the bed still talking to her.

“Daddy, could you please sing for me?” With a weak smile he nodded as he cleared his throat. Slowly he began to sing
 

if there’s a road that’s made only for you
that road is inside your pure heart
if you can endure through this pain
Than just put your soul into trusting..

People sat mesmerized by his low but sweet voice as was Eunsun who couldn’t say anything.

Holding you holding you
it’s in you, river flows in you
slowly, slowly, the river flows in me

Holding you holding you
it’s in you, river flows in you
longing, waiting more, would we be there?


I would give my whole heart only to you
So that I can feel you always
If you can hold on into it just a bit longer
Than try to put your heart into it.

He didn’t notice Eunsun coming to see what happened to Soo-yoon. She stopped, watching at the door as he sung the song to her. She held a hand to her heart as she stayed where she was, moved by this moment.

Holding you holding you
it’s in you, river flows in you
slowly, slowly, the river flows in me.

Holding you holding you
it’s in you, river flows in you
longing, waiting more, would we be there?

Eunsun wasn’t even aware of the tears falling down her cheeks. She touched her face to find it wet. Realizing this she moved away silently before she was discovered. This was a special time for the king and his daughter and she didn’t want to ruin it by being comforted.  

Holding you, holding you, it's in you
River flows in you.
Slowly, more slowly. There is a river flowing in me

Holding you, holding you, it's in you
River flows in you.
Waiting, the waiting. Will I be waiting for you then?

When he was finally finished he saw that Soo-yoon had fallen asleep. He leaned over the bed, kissing her on the temple. “Good night,” he whispered as he stood up. Youngmin noticed that the door was open, he was sure he had closed it. “Did someone else come in?” It was the job of the guard to report any happenings within the palace.

“Her majesty came in for a bit but she left a few minutes ago.” Youngmin nodded, crestfallen. “I see, thank you.” The guard bowed and departed, Youngmin walked to his quarters, his heart heavy.

***

“So you asked my personal trainer out on a date?” Hyori’s mouth was twisted into a smirk. She liked tormenting Eric. “My gosh what were you thinking?”

“She said yes,” Eric argued, “in fact I’m meant to be meeting her right now.”

“I hope that for your sake and hers that this little affair of yours doesn’t affect her helping me to keep in shape.”

“Yah none of us are married so it isn’t an affair!”

“But still,” Hyori’s eyes shifted from side to side. “Do you plan on…? Well, bedding her?”

“HYORI!” Eric covered his mouth in shame. Donggun had stepped onto the scene and was watching with interest as Eric sat in a chair. His wife was standing before him like a dominatrix. “Honey,” Donggun spoke as he walked beside her, “what Eric does with his girl is nothing to do with us. He can screw her all night and we wouldn’t have to find out.”

“What the… I thought you were going to help!”

“You forget that we don’t get along,” to that response frowned as Donggun put an arm around Hyori. “Speaking of screwing… I don’t think those two have had it on for a while.”

“Ok that’s it I’m leaving,” Eric moved from his seat in a hurry. “I don’t want to hear you talk about Youngmin-ee’s life.”

“Suit you,” the couple raised their eyebrows at each other to send a mental message only they understood.

“Are things going well with the operation get-rid-of-them my dear?” Hyori asked when Eric was finally out of the picture.

“He’s getting suspicious.” Donggun said as he sat down, she made herself comfortable on his lap. “So’s the king. The operation is running too slowly. It needs to pick up.”

“Patience my dear,” Hyori the side of his face. “But I think I may know a way we can get them to move quicker.”

“Which is…?” She whispered into his ear. “Oh, that’s good, but good luck trying to convince him.”

“Not a problem, in fact I know how I can do it.” She didn’t say how though.

***

Youngmin got to their quarters with worry twisted on his face.
“Eunsun,” he opened their bedroom doors to find her sitting on her bed reading. He caught her by surprise; the book was a holy one. Quickly she put the book down so the cover couldn’t be seen and pushed her hair off her face. His attention was not on the book, he went straight for her, both hands clasping her face pulling her into an intense kiss.

The heat rushed through Eunsun’s body and Youngmin felt her cheeks warm as he moved away for air. Eunsun tried to speak but instead she just breathed, flustered at the sudden pass. Youngmin ran a hand through her long thick hair, twisting it around a finger before letting it fall again.

He had that look, that longing, deep sense when you knew something was going to happen. Eunsun helped guide his hand to the nape of her neck where they drew in close again for another kiss; this one was longer than the first. As the fire rose from within them Eunsun lowered herself onto the bed, running a hand through his short hair as he laid all his love and longing onto her. She wrapped her arms around his neck, bringing their bodies closer together.

The heat and the passion was so strong it magnetically pulled them in towards each other. Distance did indeed make the heart if not the flesh grow fonder. As he undid his blazer jacket he threw it aside, his attention then to the shirt which he quickly ed. Her legs slowly spread as her gown began to come off. Nothing could interrupt them as they intertwined for the first time in too long. This wasn’t just the love that you found in a movie where was the only joy. This was a romance where soul, mind and body could become one again after a great period of waiting. This was the love they had always dreamed of.

************************************************************************************************

No don’t ask me for more detail for these sorts of scenes O_o it already feels awkward enough. I hope it doesn’t affect your view on it. I do have my morals, if it was with a boyfriend/girlfriend couple then I wouldn’t have such stuff but since they’re married it’s sort of expected right? /gets shot. I now officially have no idea when this will end. I thought I did but it automatically gets longer as I add stuff in..... Yeah I do apologise for this but thank you if you still are reading.