46. More in Love

Eunsun: A star for the king

“Miss Eunsun,” a voice called at the door. She went to the servant standing there. “His majesty requests you in his quarters.” She frowned at the request and then she looked at the clock. The time showed it was an hour after dinner. Even though the request made her puzzled she knew to disobey the king would not be a wise move.

“Did he say why?” .

Clueless the man shook his head. “He just said he wanted to speak with you,” Eunsun wondered what it was. Two days had passed since she’d seen the doctor and had the awkwardness of having something up well… Let’s not get any ideas.

They stopped at the door while the servant knocked.

“Enter,” Youngmin’s voice rang loud and clear.

The servant stepped aside to let her in.“Your highness, Eunsun is here like you requested.” He bowed to the que as he let her go in. She glanced around. Where was her husband?

“I’m in here,” Youngmin called to her. It was coming from the bedroom. Eunsun walked to the bed room, Youngmin was sitting on the edge of his bed. He was dressed comfortably, without a shirt but in sweat pants. It proved a challenge to avoid staring at his muscular form.

She forced herselt to meet his eyes. “Is this a bad time?” She asked, her heart beginning to pound.

He shook his head and patted a spot next to him. He removed the newspaper that had been in his hands to disguise his half ness. When she was seated he turned and leaned towards her. Eunsun’s eyes managed to follow his as he placed a small kiss against her lips.

“You’re so beautiful,” he murmured brushing some hair off her face. Eunsun trembled under his touch but allowed him to kiss her again. The next thing she knew she felt herself being pushed back against the bed and he was almost on top of her. He kissed her cheek moving his head towards her lips again. Eunsun’s mind was scrambled as she tried to take in what was happening.

One of his hands traced a finger down her arm before reaching her hand and holding it. “Youngmin I thought we were going to wait.”

“We are,” Youngmin replied her forehead with the other hand, the other hand trailing the side of her hairline.

“But then… Why this then?” She breathed in heavily mid sentence before their lips met again.

 Youngmin placed his lips against her neck.

“I want you to be comfortable with me,”

“Yes but still…” The contact made her tingle like she was conducting static. “It feels like we are pushing it.” Youngmin stopped his actions to lift his head to look at her.

“Is this making you anxious my love?” She nodded. Youngmin released his hand and got up. Eunsun remained seated while he stood. “I guess I was getting carried away,” he said softly, “I’m sorry.”

Eunsun shook her head. “No it’s alright,” she told him, “I kind of… Liked it.”

“Really?” Youngmin smiled from relief. “That’s good then,” , “but I guess I wanted to call you here because we hadn’t properly talked about, it.”

“It as in...The actual act?”

Her innocence to the adult behaviour made Youngmin beam. “Yes exactly and I was anxious that you weren’t comfortable about having to be so intimate with me. That is why I did what I did. To hopefully ease some of your nerves.”

“Youngmin,” Eunsun came next to him. “It should be natural, yes we will feel uncomfortable at first but that’s why I didn’t want to rush into it soon after getting married. I wanted to lead up to it.” Youngmin held her hand up and held it in his.

“I have talked much about it with the others and… As you are a it may hurt.”

 Eunsun nodded, “I know but I trust that it will be worth it in the end.” This put a smile on her fiancée’s face. He leaned forward and kissed her on the forehead.

“Every time you say something like this I fall more and more in love with you,” he said and then he had the urge to embrace her. His sudden movement made her squeal but she ended up laughing afterwards.

“I love you."

“I love you too,” he smiled as he let her go, “did you want to stay here tonight?” Eunsun shook her head.

“Thank you but it would be best for both of us if we waited until we are married.”

“I understand, good night.”

“Good night,” Eunsun went to the door, they both smiled at each other as she slowly moved back to her room, her heart soaring as she felt her love for him grow deeper.

***

“You two seem so much in love,” the event coordinator told them as they sat close together while discussing the decorations for the reception. Youngmin smiled at Eunsun before answering, “I agree. We are both excited for March. It shall be wonderful.” Eunsun nodded beaming almost from ear to ear.

“Wow we only have a month and a half until the big day. And Eunsun I believe you wanted to run over the flowers with me for the bouquets?” Eunsun nodded.

“Alright, you and Youngmin can take a look at the selection.” They all stood as they went to the garden where the buckets of flowers were set up.

“I was thinking,” Eunsun looked through the flowers, “red and white with some yellow.”

“Alright interesting choice, what flowers did you want?”

“Well,” Eunsun showed her the roses, carnations and gardenias. “I would like the bouquets to have all of these flowers and one of these,” she took them to the other end and picked up a yellow tulip and handed it to the coordinator.

“Interesting choice,” Eunsun looked at Youngmin who broke out in a smile, “is there a reason?”

“Yes but I want to keep it a surprise,” Eunsun winked while Youngmin chuckled.

“Ah ok then,” the coordinator put the flower back into the bucket, “we’ll make some bouquets and use the same flowers for the ceremony and the reception.”

“Sounds great,” Eunsun agreed.

Youngmin took his leave to attend to other tasks regarding the wedding. His assistant saw his cheerful demeanour which proved to be contagious.
“Hey there you are,” Eric grinned at him, “did something happen last night?”

“What do you mean?” Youngmin took a seat at the vacant chair; HoDong and Donggun were running through some business plans for his catering.

“You’ve been smiling all day so we just thought… You know.”

“--If you two made love last night,”

HoDong’s expression had a sudden change. He almost looked ready to crush the pen he held. Youngmin looked at HoDong and had to shake his head, “no nothing happened of the sort. I’m being honest Hodong.”

“Humph you’re no fun your majesty,” Donggun folded his arms. “And I was expecting some details.” HoDong gave Donggun a mean glare as if he wanted to punch the guy!

“Well I am happy but not because of that,” Youngmin began, “last night we really got closer without the intimacy as such and I love her more now than ever before.”

His assistant and future uncle in law couldn't help but coo in response. “Aww,” Eric and HoDong said in unison.

“Corny,” Donggun sniffed, “any how I have some other matters to attend to. It seems I may be promoted soon.”

Eric and Hodong stared at the king. “Promoted? What? Why is he being given a new position?”

“The prime minister will be retiring once Eunsun is made queen,” he explained, “Donggun will become the Prime Minister and we will have to hire someone else to take his current position.”

“I cannot believe.. you really want to hire this up-himself, arrogant and pompous poof of a man?!”
 

Donggun raised his eyebrows. “You’re a grown man and the worst thing you can think of is calling me a poof?”

“I can think of another word that starts with p!”

“Hey now quit it,” HoDong bellowed, alarming them. “You two are forgetting that your friend here is getting married soon so behave until they are on honeymoon. Then you can tear each other apart until they return.”

“Fine,” they said it half hearted and turning away from each other.

“Alright, Eric we need to go,” Eric got up following Youngmin's command. “We have one more thing I need to discuss with him before dinner.”

“Which is?”

“Ways to kill you,” Eric jeered before Youngmin cuffed him in the head. “Ow, ok fine. He wants me to help him with his vows.”

Hodong nodded his agreement. “Good idea.".

“Yes they both decided on it,” Eric continued, “but Youngmin here doesn’t want to go overboard so I—“

“Do you want me to hit you again?”

Eric froze seeing Youngmin's face, “shutting up.” He was dragged out of the room by an embarrassed Youngmin while HoDong smiled to himself. Even up-tight Donggun seemed to crack a grin at the shenanigans.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Aww this was cute.. almost at one point a bit too much but I managed to save you phew XD. Oh dear I realized some of the stuff Eunsun and Youngmin talk about is well… O_o I hope you guys can’t figure it out. The wedding will be very soon! If you are sick of waiting just comment that below and I will make it the 1st chapter after the next one. Happy reading