5. A kind gesture

Eunsun: A star for the king

“Ah I didn’t expect to find anyone out here,” Eunsun turned to Eric who was watching her. “You look familiar,” he added coming closer. She made a small smile.

“Oh right you’re that caterer’s cousin or something like that.” He grinned back, “fancy you being here, small world hey?” She nodded.

“Cat got your tongue?” He chuckled at his joke but saw she wasn’t laughing, “Hmm you are unusually quiet. Is there a problem Eunsun-sshi?”

“Why am I here?” She asked with sad eyes, “this place is too much. I miss my home.”

“But you’ve only been here for what…” He looked at his pocket watch, “oh four hours. Why not take a look at the place? Get your nails done, do something girly and maybe then you will change your mind.” Eunsun didn’t reply to him but sat where she was on the small wall.

“Aish you really do want to go home,” he rubbed his forehead, “you are not like the other girls. The moment I mentioned freebies they all start screaming. Oh my gosh, this is awesome.” He said it like a hyper girl making Eunsun grin.

“Gave me a headache that’s for sure,” he said with a smirk, “anyway… So you miss home?” She nodded.

“Hmm I know, you come with me,” He got up and indicated she followed. It was hard for her to keep up with his strides but she managed to do so.

“Here we are,” he came to a door with his name on a gold plate, he opened in and let her in. His office was nothing short of fancy. A bright mural canvas hung on a wall while trophies from athletic events stood in a glass cabinet. The carpet was deep red and his furniture all polished. He poured himself a glass of wine and offered it to her. She politely declined.

“Now let’s see what we have here,” he sat in his adjustable chair going through the drawers in his desk, “ah ha.” He placed a pile of envelopes and paper in front of her with a pen as well as some stamps, “you may write to your family as often as you wish and I’ll even let you call them on my phone once a week.” He pointed at the black cordless phone on his desk. Eunsun didn’t know what to say.

“I-I don’t know how I can ever thank you…”

“Don’t worry,” he said suavely, “just promise me that you will cheer up for me alright?” She nodded smiling for the longest that morning.

“Good, now run along I’m sure there’s something you can do.” She bowed to him as she picked up the stationary.

“Thank you so much.”

“Ok go now, I’ll be checking on you later on,” Eric winked as Eunsun left. Eric raised his eyebrows at his secretary.

“I tell you what Minsoo-ee; if she doesn’t become queen I wouldn’t mind her for myself.” Minsoo’s face reddened at her boss’s remark but she quickly handed him some messages she’d taken for him.

Uh oh what is Eric thinking of? Sly dog LOL. Oh yeah if anyone can’t guess Eric is Eric as in from Shinhwa except he isn’t in the group for this fanfic. Happy reading