While you were hesitating...

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SeungHyun's POV

Hilary never returned my calls nor texts and I didn't call her again either.

I received a call from WooBin this morning and he suggested to have lunch together.  He said it was not about business and that he just wanted to have lunch with me.  When I got there, WooBin's assistant DaeSung was already waiting for me outside the VIP room.

"Choi Jonmu Nim, Sajang Nim is waiting for you inside." DaeSung bowed politely and said with a smile.

I nodded my head and walked into the VIP room.

"SeungHyun, you are here."  WooBin stood up and gave his hand out to me.

I shook his hand and bowed my head, "Kim Sajang, how are you?"

"We are not talking business today.  Call me by my name or Hyeong, if you don't mind.  Sit down."  He patted on my arm and said with a smile.

I nodded my head and sat down, "Yes, WooBin Hyeong."

"I already ordered for us.  I remember you are not picky on food, right?" He said.

"Yes, anything is fine."  I was somehow a bit nervous which I didn't know why.  This was not the first time we had lunch or dinner together.  We met over lunch and dinner quite a few times for business before.

WooBin took a sip of his tea and said, "You must be wondering why I want to have lunch with you!"

I smiled.

"You know I'm not a devious person.  I like to go straight to the point and deal with the problem.  So, I'll be honest with you about why I want to see you."  He said.

I nodded, "Yes, please!"

He gazed me in the eyes and said, "It's about EunHi."

"I figured." I said.

"Really?  Good!  So, what do you think about this arranged marriage with my baby sister?"  He really did cut to the point.

I looked at him and said, "Honestly speaking, I never wanted an arranged marriage."

WooBin nodded his head with a smile but he didn't comment on anything.  I took a deep breath and said, "But I am not sure about it this time."

"And why's that?  Because of Shinhwa Group?" He asked me in a serious tone and with sharp stare.

"Would you believe me if I said No?"

"Depends."

I chuckled, "That's exactly why I said I'm not sure about it this time.  The situation complicated everything.  My intensions will never be pure in people's eyes."

"Especially in EunHi's eyes?"  He said with a smirk.  I looked up at him instantly.

WooBin tapped his fingers on the table and asked, "You care about what EunHi thinks.  Meaning you want this marriage, am I right?"

"Yes." I answered without any hesitation.

"Good.  Honest.  I like that." He smiled in satisfaction, "SeungHyun, I love my sister very much.  I promised my father to take care of her and I will do anything to protect her from getting hurt.  Hence, I need to know if you really are serious about this and if I can trust EunHi to you."

"Of course!"

He put his smile away all of a sudden and said, "But my sister is never a girl who will follow instructions.  Like yourself, she is strongly against arranged marriage, in a way that she may push you away just because you are her arranged partner.  My silly sister almost ran away because of this."

I gasped and looked at him with my eyes wide-opened.

He chuckled, "Don't get me wrong though!  She wanted to run away because of the idea of arranged marriage, not because of you.  I can assure you that.  And I can somehow assist you along the way but I will not make my sister like you.  You have to know one thing.  No one.  I mean, no one in our family can force her to do anything.  I myself will never force her to do anything she doesn't want to do.  But I will make sure she's in good hands and well-protected.  Do you get what I'm saying?"

I nodded my head.

"She is not answering your phone calls or texts, is she?"  He looked at me and laughed, "That's my baby sis.  Stubborn, but you can never be mad at her.  I myself find her pretty cute when she gets angry."

I smiled since I agreed in what he said.

"SeungHyun, let me give you a tip.  If you really like her, then be more proactive.  More aggressive.  Don't sit here and wait for my sister to come around and go to you, coz she won't.  Even though she'll find you annoying and be mad at you, you just have to hang in there.  Show her your determination and sincerity.  I'm not bragging or anything, but we are talking about my sister here.  You have to remember you have a lot of competitors.  Being too conservative won't do you any good.  Trust me!"  He leaned back to his chair and folded his arms across his chest.

"I get what you mean. But..."

He leaned forward again and wagged his finger at me, "No buts!  If you are serious about my sister, don't hesitate.  If you hesitate, then give it up before it's too late.  My sister doesn't need a man who will hesitate on her.  Not to mention, you'll never win her heart if you hesitate.  You might have a head start with her.  But someone has already gone ahead of you while you hesitated.  Do you know that?"  He gave me a serious look.

I knew so well who he meant.  To be honest, when it came to women, I did have reservation if I my competitor was JiYong.  But that didn't mean I would back down.  I wondered what he meant by JiYong has already gone ahead of me.  How ahead?

*  *  *

Hilary's POV

WooBin Oppa sent me a HUGE present today.

"OMG!  What is this?"  I looked at my present and asked DaeSung.

DaeSung smiled, "Your welcome present.  Here.  The key."  He handed me the key and walked around the other side to open the door for me.  I giggled and walked over to get in it.

DaeSung bent his back forward to me and asked, "You know how to drive manual, do you?"

I put my hands on the steering wheel and said with twinkles in my eyes, "Of course!  Wanna go for a ride?"

He closed my door for me and walked around to get into the passenger seat, "Seat belt!"

I fastened my seat belt and swifted the gear, "Ready?  LET'S GO!"  I floored it before DaeSung could say a word.

We drove off in my new car.  A red Maserati Grancabrio.

"My brother is doing everything to keep me in Seoul, huh?"

DaeSung gripped his seat belt tight with one hand and hung on to the handle with the other, "Miss Kim, can you drive a little slower?"

"Kang DaeSung Ssi, what did you just call me?"

He glanced me out of the corner of his eye without moving his head, "Hilary.  EunHi.  Drive slowly please!  You are going TOO fast!  WAY TOO FAST!"

I laughed out loud and said, "This is a sportscar.  It's supposed to be FAST!  DaeSung Oppa!"

"I...  I know.  But if you don't slow down, I'll report it to Sajang Nim and you may not be able to drive this again."  He somehow managed to turn his head and looked at me as he threatened me.

I glanced at him and said, "You dare?"

He nodded his head, "I'm calling him, right now!"  He reached into his jacket to get his phone.

"Alright!  I'm slowing down."  I went easy on the gas pedal and the car slowed down, "I'll remember this one.  You threatened me."

He stuffed his phone back into his jacket and smiled, "It's for your own good.  It's not safe to drive that fast in the city."

"What fun to have a sportscar when I have to keep it at 50Km/h?  Why bought me a Maserati then?"  I groaned.

"Sajang Nim wanted to get you a four-door Audi in the first place.  It's me who suggested him to get you this."  He winked at me and put up a proud smile.

I turned my head to look at him and let out a soft laugh, "So, I should thank YOU, huh?"

"Of course!" He nodded his head.

"OK!  To thank YOU, I decided to go FASTER.  Go go go!"  I raced down the highway.

"Yahhhh......"  DaeSung screamed.

*  *  *

Give and take.  I should have known already that there was no free lunch in this world.

"You are joking!"  I said.

WooBin Oppa shook his head.

"So, that's why you gave me a Maserati?  As in return, I need to work at the Group?"

Oppa stared at his computer and smirked.

"OPPA!"

"Yes, Kim Isa Nim!" He looked up at me with a smile.

I stamped my foot, "Don't call me that!"  I put the car key on his desk and said, "Here's the key.  Take the car back."

He laughed softly, "Even if you give me back the car, you still have to work at the Group.  You said it yourself this is father's legacy.  As his daughter, don't you think you should put in effort to help the Group grow bigger?"

I let out a heavy sigh and dropped into the chair, "Shinhwa has you.  That's all it needs."

He laughed and shook his hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter