Family

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JiYong's POV

"Dara, Bommie Onni and I are planning to go to Tokyo next weekend.  Are you coming?"  CL said.

Dara put down her glass and looked up, "Tokyo?  For what?"  CL shrugged, "Don't know.  Shopping?  Clubbing?"

"Let me think about it!  Need to see if I can finish my proposal before that.  We have a big project coming up."  Dara glanced at Hilary as she said.  Hilary raised her eyebrows and looked at her with puzzled eyes.

"Hilary, how about you?  Come with us."  CL said.  Hilary slightly shook her head with a smile, "Maybe next time."

"You don't like shopping and clubbing?"

Dara laughed softly and said, "Hill likes painting.  Not clubbing."  Hilary playfully slapped Dara's hand.

"Woo...  Painting is way out of my league."  CL laughed.

"Painting?  Who would like such boring stuff?"  Kiko wrapped her arms around me and pecked me on the cheek.  I glanced at Hilary unconsciously and our eyes met at a point.

"Who are you?"  Kiko sat on my lap and glared at Hilary as she said.  I gently patted her on her thigh and said softly, "Kiko, there's an empty seat here."  CL laughed out loud and Kiko immediately glared at her as she moved to sit down beside me.

"I asked.  Who are you?"  Kiko asked Hilary again.  She didn't look a bit friendly at all.

Hilary looked up at her and said, "Me?"

"Yes.  YOU!  Who are you?"  Kiko said with her blunt tone.  I threw her a quick glance and patted her on her hand but she pushed my hand away.

CL let out a heavy sigh and said, "Brother, you really need to teach someone some manners, you know?  I mean, it really poorly reflects on you."

"Kwon ChaeRin, don't think I can't hear you."  Kiko stared at CL and said.  She was already in her battle-mode and ready to fight anytime.  CL laughed, "Well, look at the bright side, someone does know she has no manners."

"Kwon..." Kiko wanted to stand up and I pulled her down to her chair at once.  She glanced at me and dared not move anymore.

"Can you two once not fight when you see each other?  Or if you guys really wanna fight, do it somewhere else.  Somewhere out of my sight.  I'm really sick of this, you know?" I folded my arms across my chest and leaned back on the sofa.  I knew Kiko gazed at me with her puppy eyes and pretended to be innocent; but I didn't bother to look at her for I wouldn't take side, especially not when so many friends were around.  Even if I had to take side, I would definitely take my sister's.  CL on the other hand chuckled since she knew it meant she won the round which made Kiko even pissed.

Dara leaned close to Hilary and whispered something to her.  Hilary glanced at me out of the corner of her eye.  I bet Dara must have told her something about me and Kiko.

"Dara, is she your friend?"  Kiko asked.  Both Dara and Hilary looked up.  Dara let out a laugh and nodded, "Yes.  SHE is my friend.  Hilary Kim."  Hilary slightly smiled and nodded her head.

Kiko looked at her from head to toe and said, "Hilary Kim?  You don't have a korean name?  Well, you look...  okay.  Where are you from?"

I let out a sigh and shook my head a little.  Kiko was always like this when she met someone who she saw as a competitor.  She was spoiled by her mother and her fame in modelling somehow made her even more egocentric.   Like CL said, she really needed some attitude adjustment.

Dara answered for Hilary again, "Hill used to live in Paris.  She just came back a week ago.  She has a korean name but she prefers to be called by her english name instead."

"Oh, Dara is your spokesperson?  Or you only speak french?"  Kiko smirked.  I threw her a sharp glare and she played innocent again and clung to me immediately.

Hilary looked up at her and just when she was about to speak, a guy called her from behind.

*  *  *

Hilary's POV

"Miss Kim?"

I looked up to find DaeSung stood behind JiYong.

"Oppa?"  I said.  JiYong turned around to look at DaeSung immediately.

"Miss..."  I threw DaeSung a sharp glare to stop him from calling me Miss Kim again.  He gulped and said, "Hilary, can we talk?"  I smelled something since he looked a little serious.

I grabbed my clutch and said to Dara softly, "I have to go."

"Now?"

I nodded, "I'll call you."  I turned to look at JiYong and CL, "Nice seeing you two!  Have a great night!"

"I'll get your number from Dara.  Let's do lunch some time."  CL grabbed my hand and said.  I nodded with a smile, "Sure!  Call me."  I saw Kiko glared at me but I didn't bother to look at her.  I nodded at JiYong before I left with DaeSung.

"What is it?"  I asked DaeSung.

"Mrs. Kim wants to see you."

I stopped and turned to look at him, "Who told her I'm back?"

"It's Hwaejang Nim.  He told Mrs. Kim that you'll be staying in Seoul."  DaeSung said.

I took a deep breath to calm myself.  I sighed, "Where is she now?"

"She's waiting for you at the mansion."

I took another deep breath before I walked towards the exit.

"Hilary?  You leaving so soon?"  It was SeungHyun.  I looked up and smiled, "Yes.  Good night!"  I slightly nodded my head and left with DaeSung without giving him any chance to speak.

*  *  *

I was back at the mansion.  This was a place I lived for 13 years, before I went to Paris.  Since then, I never stayed here for a single night.  I stayed at the hotel whenever I was in Seoul.  I loved this place.  I loved my room.  But I didn't like my mother.  And hated to live with her under the same roof.

I stood there in front of the door and hesitated to go in.  DaeSung said, "EunHi?"

"Do you know why she wants to see me?"  I asked.   DaeSung shook his head and said, "I don't."

"Miss Kim, welcome back!  How are you?"  The maid came out and bowed at me.

"Ajumma, how are you?  How's your back?  Does it still hurt?

She took my hands and said with a smile, "My back is alright."  She gently brushed my cheek and said, "It's so good to see you.  You still look this skinny."

I shrugged with a smile.

"Come!  Mrs. Kim is in the living room waiting for you.  Let's go in.  It's cold out here."

I took a deep breath and stepped into the house.

My mother sat on the single-seated sofa in the huge living room with her arms folded across her chest.  I looked around the house.  The furnitures and interior decoration were still the same as four years ago.  But since my father died, this place was cold like a morgue.

"Mrs. Kim, Miss Kim is here."  DaeSung took a step forward to my mother and bowed as he said.

My mother slightly looked up at him, "Mmm...  You may leave now."

"Yes, Mrs. Kim."  DaeSung nodded at me with a smile and left.

I took a deep deep breath and walked over to my mother.

Just when I was about to open my mouth, someone called my name from behind, "EunHi?"  I turned around to find my brother stood there in his dark suit.  He still looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter