Family Dinner

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hilary's POV

I took a deep breath and put up a smile, "Hello, SeungHyun!  Nice seeing you again!"

Our eyes finally met.  His gaze was like laser pierced through me and sent shivers down my spine.  If MinWoo Oppa didn't hang on to me, I might wobble and not be able to stand on my own.  I forced myself to keep the smile as he gazed me in the eyes and said in his deep husky voice, "Hello, Hilary!  How are you?"

"I'm alright.  You?" I tried to sound as calm as I could.  Jenny slid her arm around his and leaned her body to him.

"I'm good!" He kept a straight face all along and didn't even slightly smile which somehow intimidated me a little.

Jenny said to me with a smile, "Hilary, let's have lunch together some time.  The four of us.  You and JiYong.  Me and SeungHyun."  She looked up at SeungHyun and asked, "OK?"

SeungHyun threw me a quick glance and said to Jenny, "Sure."  I glanced at Jenny to find her pursed her lips at SeungHyun and acted cute.

MinWoo patted me on the head, "Hill, let's go dance!"

"Huh?" MinWoo dragged me away before I could respond to him.  I caught a glimspe at SeungHyun out of the corner of my eye before I left and found him looked away and chatted with Jenny already.  His gentle smiles were for someone else now.  It seemed he really has moved on.  I didn't misinterpret his meaning of sending me the bracelet, after all.

I smiled unconsciously but a tear fell down at the same time.

MinWoo spotted that and pulled me aside immediately, "What's with the tear?"

I wiped away my tear and shook my head with a smile.  He cupped my face with both hands and asked, "You are not, are you?"

I looked up at him and once again tears filled my eyes.

"Hill, tell me you are not." He gazed at me with concerns in his eyes.  He somehow could read me while no one could.

"Don't worry, Oppa!  I'm not.  I have my answer now.  I will move on." Another tear fell down my cheek involuntarily.  I brushed it off and smiled, "Just happy tear!"

MinWoo furrowed his brow as he shook his head, "WILL?  You will move on?  Meaning you haven't moved on YET?  Hill, what are you doing to yourself?  I know exactly why you ran away coz we didn't work out because of the same reason.  But you were not like this back then.  Four months now and you still haven't moved on yet?  What do you still expect?  Him still waiting for you?  If you really love him this much, just tell him.  If you can't do that, just let it go.  You make me so angry to see you like this.  You are so not you."

He grabbed my arms tightly as he spoke.  I understood why he was angry at me since he cared and loved me like a sister all these years.  Not to mention, he knew basically everything about me.

"Oppa, sometimes it's really easier said than done.  I'm not expecting anything from anyone since the very beginning coz I know where I stand.  But then, I'm a girl.  Can't a girl be sentimental and grief a little when she sees the man she once loved?" I playfully poked him on the chest and smiled.

He looked at me suspiciously and said, "You really are OK?  You are not lying to me?"

I put my arms around him and hugged him, "I'm not lying.  What you saw just now is the full-stop of a love story."  I felt a heavy punch on my chest as I said that.  MinWoo Oppa hugged me tight and let out a heavy sigh, "You know I'll always be here for you, right?"

I nodded.  He continued, "Don't ever run away like that again!  No matter what."

I nodded again.

"I'm willing to help.  You just have to tell me.  Even if you really want him back, I can help you with that too."

I pulled away from him and said, "Don't you see?  He doesn't need me anymore.  But I'm happy for him since he found someone.  So, all is well.  I'm fine."

He pinched me on the nose and said with a smile, "So, what about Kwon JiYong?"

I shrugged with a smile, "Are we going to dance?"

*  *  *

CL's POV

JiYong walked over to me and said with a big smile, "Sis, miss me?"  He threw his arms around me and hugged me tight.

I pushed him away and said, "Now you remember you have a sister, huh?"

"What?  You are always here, OK?" He put his hand on his chest as he said.

I chuckled and poked him on the chest, "Here is already occupied by you-know-who.  My fat won't fit in it anymore!"

"You know you have a fat ?" SeungRi came out from nowhere and whispered in my ear.  I blushed totally and turned around to him.  He kissed me on the cheek and said to JiYong, "JiYong Hyeong, long time no see!"

JiYong drew his brows together and stared at us.  SeungRi put his hand on my waist and pulled me close to him.  JiYong frowned and slapped on SeungRi's hand, "What is this?  Who gives you the permission to put your hand on my sister's waist?  And how dare you kiss her in front of me?"

"Oppa!"

SeungRi pulled away his hand and immediately took a step away from me, "I... erh..."

I slid my arm around SeungRi's and said to JiYong, "We are together now.  And I don't need anyone's permission for it."  I kissed SeungRi on the cheek, then made a face at my brother.

"Kwon ChaeRin?  Are you on drugs?  What did you do to my sister?" JiYong looked at us with his eyes wide-opened.

"Oppa!"

JiYong burst out laughing all of a sudden and patted SeungRi on his shoulder, "I'm just teasing you.  You of course can date my sister.  But may I remind you, if you dare make her shed one tiny drop of tears, I'll kill you with my bare hands."

"Hyeong, you should worry about me shedding tears because of your sister.  Not the other way around." SeungRi put up a poor puppy face and said.

I nipped his ear lobe and asked, "Are you saying what I think you are saying?"

SeungRi grabbed my hand immediately and tried to pull it away from his ear, "Hyeong, see?"

JiYong laughed out loud, "Brother, that I'm not able to help.  You know I'm no match to my mighty sister."

"OPPA!" I complained.

JiYong shrugged with a smile, "SeungRi, can I have a minute with my sister?"

"Of course!" SeungRi kissed me again on the cheek and said, "I'll be at the bar table."  I nodded with a smile.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked JiYong.

"Have you kept my parcels well?" He asked.

I nodded, "Of course.  They are at your apartment.  What are they anyway?"

"Nothing that you need to worry about." He turned around to glance at SeungHyun Oppa and asked, "When did those two get together?"

I shrugged, "I have no idea.  No one knows.  Today is the first time they make appearance together.  To be honest, I still can't believe my eyes."

He chuckled, "You are not the only one."

"You don't believe she's his type too?"

He glanced at SeungHyun Oppa again and said, "Does it matter if I believe or not?"

"Well, of course.  You won the battle.  Why would you care who he's with now?" I threw my arm around him and said.

I shook my head, "Love is a battle between the lovers only.  He and I never fought in the same battle."

My brother really has changed a lot.  I haven't heard him say the word 'love' since ages ago.  But now, he talked about love like an insider.  An expert.  I was really impressed by the influence Hilary had on him.  Only true love could make a man change and settle down.  I was really happy for my brother.

*  *  *

JiYong's POV

I went to the dance floor to look for Hilary.  She was dancing with MinWoo Hyeong.  I watched her from a distance and was glad to see her smiled.  I was really worried that she would get all upset to see SeungHyun Hyeong again.  But she seemed fine.  I walked over to them and slightly patted MinWoo Hyeong on the shoulder, "May I cut in?"

MinWoo looked at me and smiled, "Of course!  We are having lunch tomorrow, OK?"  Hilary nodded with a smile.

I put my arms on her waist and said, "How are you feeling?"

She smiled, "Perfect!"  I planted a kiss on her forehead and said, "Welcome back, Miss Kim!"

"Same to you, Mr. Kwon!"

I held her in my arms and said softly, "Remember what I said to you before we left Paris?"

She nodded, "Mmm..."

"You promised me, remember?" I asked.

"Mmm..."

I squeezed her tight and said softly, "You do know all I want is for you to be happy, right?"

She pulled away from me and looked me in the eyes.  I slightly tapped on her nose, "Just give me a nod will do!"

She nodded with a pout as I said.  I chuckled as I pulled her close to me again.  We swayed with the music in each other's arms.  As we turned, I looked up to find SeungHyun Hyeong staring at us from not too far away.  Our eyes met at one point and I believed I saw anger

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter