The Key

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hilary's POV

I did not sleep all night.  No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't sleep even after drinking a whole bottle of wine.

I walked out of my bedroom to the living room area and found CL asleep on the sofa.  Her hair covered her face, one leg hung over the back of the sofa, one arm fell off the sofa.  I walked over and placed a blanket on her before I left the suite.

It was 8 a.m. in the morning.  I thought since I couldn't sleep, I might as well go out and jog.  To get some fresh air.  To exercise a bit. To clear my mind.

*  *  *

CL's POV

The doorbell suddenly rang and woke me up.  I almost fell off the sofa.  I pulled away the blanket and went to get the door.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"It's almost 9 a.m.  Is Kim Isa still sleeping?" DaeSung asked as he walked in.

I stretched my arms as I yawned, "I think so."

DaeSung walked over to the bedroom and suddenly shouted, "Where is EunHi?"

I jumped and quickly walked over to him, "She's not in her bedroom?  Is she in the bathroom?" I pushed my way into the bedroom and tried to look for Hill.  She was not in the bathroon either.

I turned around and looked at DaeSung.  He glared at me with his hands on his waist.

I pouted, "I was right there over the sofa.  I saw her went to bed..."

"But you definitely didn't see her leave." He let out a heavy sigh and tried to call Hill.

Seconds later, a phone rang.  We both looked around and saw Hill's mobile on the top of the chest.  She didn't bring her phone.

"What should we do now?" I asked.

He threw me a sharp glare and ran out of the suite without another word.

I immediately grabbed my phone and called SeungRi, "Honey, I'm in trouble!"

"What do you mean?"

"I lost Hill!"

"WHAT?  HOW?" SeungRi shouted on the phone.

"She disappeared while I was sleeping.  What should I do now?" I started to panic.

"WooBin Hyeong is going to kill me.  No.  Choi SeungHyun is going to kill me first.  Where's DaeSung?"

"He is gone.  He threw me a glare and left."

SeungRi let out a heavy sigh, "You are lucky that he didn’t strangle you on the spot.  Wait for me.  I'm coming over."

*  *  *

SeungRi's POV

Lucky that my office was not on the same floor with my brother's.  Otherwise, I would probably bump into him on the way out.  I told my secretary not to tell anyone that I have left.  I sneaked out of the building like a theft.  Kept looking over my shoulder just in case my brother came out from no where.

Just when I was about to step out of the building, I heard someone called my name from behind which immediately sent me shivers done my spine. 

I froze my steps and turned around as I put up a big smile, "Yes, Sajang Nim!"

"Where are you going?" He asked with a suspicious look.

"Umm...  Going to get coffee?!" I smiled.

Hyeong stared at me with his sharp eyes, "We have our own breakout corner on the executive floors."

I let out a laugh, "Haha...  Yea.  Right.  But I like Starbucks."

"We have Starbucks coffee beans as well."

"HYEONG!" I stamped my feet, "What do you care where I'm going?  I'm not five."

"I'm coming with you." He glanced at me sideways as he walked towards the revolving door.

"Hyeong!  We serve Starbucks coffee at our breakouts!" I chased after him as I called out.

*  *  *

SeungHyun's POV

I have been thinking about going to see Hilary ever since I woke up this morning.  Hence, I decided to give myself a break this morning and head to the hotel.  When I saw SeungRi walking towards the main entrance like a theif, I knew immediately where he wanted to go.  But I had no idea Hilary was missing again.

"WHAT?  When were you planning to tell me if I didn't catch you at the lobby?" I raised my voice at SeungRi in the car.

SeungRi gave a quick glance at the driver and whispered to me, "Hyeong, we are not alone in the car.  Can you not yell at me like this while there's someone else with us?"

I glanced the rear-view mirror and caught the driver looked away.  I cleared my throat and said, "It's not the first time anyway."

SeungRi rolled his eyes, "Yea, I'm always being yelled at in the family.  Mom, Dad and you.  Now, Kwon ChaeRin.  What life it is I am having?"

I slightly shook my head, "Have you called DaeSung?  Has he found Hilary yet?"

SeungRi looked away and said, "CL just texted me.  DaeSung went through the surveillance videos and saw Hill went out around 8 a.m. in workout clothes.  She probably went for jogging or something."

"But it's more than an hour now.  She is still not back yet?"

He shrugged, "Maybe she went to jog near Han River.  How do I know?"

"Your girlfriend was supposed to watch her."

SeungRi growled at me immediately, "Don't you blame CL on this one.  She has stayed there with Hill all night.  Even the bodyguards didn't see her leave.  So, don't you say that it's CL's fault."

I backed away a little and said, "I'm sorry.  I don't mean that."

"Well, sure hope you don't.  No matter what happens, it's none of CL's fault." SeungRi threw me a sharp stare.

I looked out at the window and mumbled, "Yes, it's nobody's fault but mine."

"Hyeong, I don't mean that!"

*  *  *

Took us only 15 mintues to arrive at the hotel.  DaeSung was already there when we arrived.

"Good Morning, Choi Sajang Nim!" DaeSung bowed to me.

I slightly nodded and just when I was about to speak, SeungRi protested, "Kang Siljang, what about me?  How come you never called me Choi Bonbujang?"

"Arhh...  Yes, good morning, Choi Bonbujang Nim!" DaeSung smiled.

SeungRi threw him a quick stare, "Where's my woman?"

"Miss Kwon is waiting in Kim Isa's room!"

"Hilary is not back yet?" I asked.

"My men are looking for her as we speak." DaeSung answered.

"Your men let Hill slipped away!" SeungRi teased.

DaeSung lowered his head and made no respond to that.

"Hyeong, let go up and wait!" SeungRi suggested.

Just when we were about to walk in to the hotel, I saw Hilary walked towards us with her hands in her hoodies' pockets.

"Hilary!"  I called out.

Hilary looked up and held her steps at the same time.

SeungRi said to DaeSung softly, "Kang Siljang, let's go!"

"Yes, Choi Bonbujang!" DaeSung went into the hotel with SeungRi.

Hilary and I were standing at least 20 feet apart.  We just looked at each other, yet no one took another step towards each other.

I finally took a step forward.  But Hilary stepped back almost at the same time.  I moved forward a little bit more.  She back away further.

"Hilary!" I mumbled to myself as I felt a pain in my chest.

She looked at me and slightly shook her head with a pout on her face.  I felt another sharp pain in my chest instantly.  I took a deep breath and walked over to her.

Just when she was about to turn around, I called out, "Stay right where you are!"  Hilary held her steps and stayed where she was.

I finally walked up to her.  She had her head down that I couldn't see her face.  I took off my jacket and put it on her shoulders, "You'll catch a cold like this."

She pursed her lips together and kept her head down.

"Are you not going to speak to me anymore?" I asked as I tried to hold her hand, but she pulled away.

"You won't even let me touch you now, huh?"

She kept her silence and didn't even show any reaction to whatever I said.  She just kept her head down that her chin almost touched her chest.

"Look at me, Hilary!  Please!" I said.

She wouldn’t budge.

"Hilary, please!  Look at me!" I asked again.

She slowly lifted her head and slightly raised her eyes to look at me.   Those swollen eyes.  She must have cried all night.  My heart ached to see her like this.

"I'm sorry.  I really am sorry." Words just came out of my mouth before I knew it.

*  *  *

Hilary's POV

The truth has struck me hard that I still wasn't able to recover from it the slightest.  I thought jogging in the morning would help to clear my head a little so that I could think of what I should do next.  But it didn't take long before I realized that every step I took seemed heavier than the previous one I have taken.  My whole body felt heavy.  Even my heart felt heavy.  It felt like I would collaspe if I tried to go any further.  But I didn't have the energy to return either, so I decided to rest for a little while at the park.  I sat there at the park for more than half an hour staring at people running passby, until a cool wind breezed over my face and made me shiver.  That was when I finally realized I have been sitting there for too long that my body trembled in the cool weather involuntarily.  I then dragged my heavy body back to the hotel with little steps since I was afraid I might fall down.

I had my head down and didn't realize SeungHyun, SeungRi and DaeSung were at the entrance, until SeungHyun called my name.  I didn't know why but I wanted to run when SeungHyun walked over to me.  Probably because I was not ready to confront him yet.  I was not ready to deal with the current situation.  I was not ready to hear what he had to say, as much as I was afraid of what he would say.

The word 'sorry' sent tears to my eyes.  I was not sure what his 'sorry' was for and what he exactly meant by it.  The word somehow gave me a sense of bitterness which made me want t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter