Predator Alert

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JiYong's POV

"WooBin Hyeong doesn't look too happy."  I stared at WooBin's reflection on the rare view mirror.

Hilary chuckled, "Is he?"

I turned to look at her and asked, "You did that on purpose, didn't you?"

"What did I do?"  She looked at me and asked.

I shrugged, "Talking only to me during dinner.  Sharing the main course with me.  Asking me to take you back to the hotel."

She raised her eyebrows and looked at me with her eyes wide-opened, "You are not happy that I talked only to you during dinner?  You didn't want to share the main course with me?  You don't want to take me back to the hotel?"

I laughed, "That's not what I meant."

She giggled, "Well, then what's the problem?"

"Your brother doesn't seem to be very happy and SeungHyun Hyeong didn't really speak throughout the dinner.  Was it supposed to be a private dinner with SeungHyun Hyeong tonight?" I asked.

"I have no idea.  I thought it was only me and my brother.  I didn't know he'd come." She put away her smile all of a sudden.

I wanted to ask her about her relationship with SeungHyun but I held it back.  Instead, she asked, "Are you close with SeungHyun?"

"Mmm..." I didn't want to say too much before I knew where her question was heading to.

She thought of it a few second and asked, "What is he like?"  She looked out at the window as if she didn't want me to see her face.

I answered her with a question, "What do you think he's like?"

She looked at me and shrugged, "Polite.  Quiet.  Careful.  Gentle."   I let out a soft laugh, "Sounds like a boring person to me."  She giggled at my words, "Is he?"

My heart dropped instantly.  I looked at her and asked, "Depends."

"Depends?"

"Why suddenly so interested in SeungHyun Hyeong?" I asked.

She blushed immediately and looked away, "Just asking."

There must be something.  I was sure.

"Is he a party animal like his brother?" Hilary asked.

"You want to know if he's a playboy." I asked with a smile.  I faked that smile since I somehow felt a little jealous.

She shrugged, "Just curious.  Brothers usually have similar interests and hobbies. Are they not?"

I said, "Ask him yourself next time then."

She shook her head, "I thought you know them well."

We arrived at the hotel.  I stopped the car and said, "You like SeungHyun Hyeong, do you?"

Hilary blushed all over instantly and said, "No.  Why would you think that?"

"Coz I can smell it when a girl falls for a man?  The eyes won't lie.  That's why." I said.  She gasped and said, "Thanks for the ride.  Good night!"

I grabbed her by the hand and didn't want to let her go so fast, "It's still early.  Wanna have a drink?"

She looked at me and hesitated but I just wouldn't let go of her hand.  I gazed her in the eyes and said, "One drink."

*  *  *

Hilary's POV

JiYong moved closer and closer to me and gazed me in the eyes.  I could feel the heat on my cheeks and my heart fluttered.  I consciously backed away a little but he pulled me back to himself and said, "Why are you backing away?  Scared?"

"Nnn...  No...  Why would I be scared?"

He chuckled as he slid his hand to the back of my neck, "Because of what Dara warned you?  Scared about being my prey?"  My whole body tensed up immediately and couldn't move a tiny bit.  He slightly pulled me to himself.  My heart pounded faster and faster.  I closed my eyes unconsciously as he pressed his hot lips on my forehead.

He slowly pulled away a little and looked me in the eyes.  I gasped and blushed hard.  He smiled and gently brushed my cheek, "You look really cute when you blush."

I pushed him away and jumped off his car immediately.  He called my name from behind but I ran into the hotel without looking back.  I put my hand on my chest and panted heavily.  My heart beated super fast as if it would jump out from my mouth any second.  Did he really see me as his prey?  Would I not stand a chance like Dara said?  But I didn't want to be one of his women.

*  *  *

JiYong's POV

I wanted to kiss Hilary on the lips, actually.  I wanted those lips so badly.  But I kissed her forehead instead.  It turned out to be more fun than kissing her on the lips right away.  I enjoyed making her blush.  I could feel that her body tensed up as I moved closer to her and she even trembled a little as I pressed my lips on her forehead.  She was a little inexperienced kitten in front of me.  Dara was right that Hilary wouldn't stand a chance with me.

I couldn't help but a little bit more to make her blushed even harder.  My heart fluttered as well.  I wanted to walk her up to her room but this little kitten pushed me away and escaped before I could say anything.  This was getting more interesting.  My desire for her grew stronger.

*  *  *

Hilary's POV

First day of WORK.

It was really no fun working in the office.  I enjoyed working at the gallery more.  I really missed Paris.

"Kim Isa Nim!"

I sighed as I raised my head to look at DaeSung, "Kang DaeSung Ssi, how can I make you call me by my name?"

He smiled, "I think it's not appropriate to call you by your name, especially in the office since I'll be your personal assistant from now on."

"What?"

DaeSung pointed himself with his thumb and put up a proud smile.  I let out a soft laugh and asked, "You are here to be my assistant or you are here as a spy for my dear brother?  He asked you to keep an eye on me, right?"

"Hmm?"

I glanced at him and laughed, "Forget it.  So, where should I start?  Should I meet with the staff first or should I read through the annual reports and business plans to begin with?"

DaeSeung opened the organizer in his hands and read, "You have a meeting with the department heads at 11:00a.m.  They will brief you on their current issues and projects at The Grand.  Starting from tomorrow, you'll be visiting each and every Shinhwa hotels for site visits and meeting with the staff."

"Wow!  You packed me with all these meetings and site visits already?  Should you discuss that with me first?" I already felt dizzy just listening to my intensive schedule.

DaeSung hesitated a little, "I know it's a little packed.  But it's the best and fastest way for you to familiarize with all the hotels and their operations."

I let out a heavy sigh and said, "Alright!  Do I look OK today?  Do I need to go upstairs and change?"

He gave me two thumbs up and said, "Perfect!"

I chuckled, "Oh well, come get me at 10:50a.m.  Now, leave me alone and let me get myself ready for the meeting."

"Yes, Kim Isa Nim." DaeSung bowed and said politely.

"Oppa, you can call me Kim Isa if you have to but don't bow like that please."

"Yes, Kim Isa Nim."

After DaeSung left my office, my phone rang.  It was JiYong.  I looked at my phone and hesitated a second.

"Hello!" I answered.

"Kim Isa Nim?" JiYong teased.

I chuckled, "Arh, you knew already?"

"How's your first day so far?  Free for lunch?"

Just when I was about to answer JiYong, someone knocked on the door.  DaeSung walked in with a huge basket of Gerbera Daisies in his arms, "Kim Isa Nim, these just arrived for you."

DaeSung put them down at the coffee table and bowed his head before he left.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter