The Unexpected Guest

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JiYong's POV

They thought I would not know if they didn't tell me, but they forgot who I was.  If they could find out, so could I.  I was both shocked and furious when I got the investigation report.  I could not imagine how Hilary would react if what I heard was really true.  I was so afraid that this time Hilary would really disappear to some place that no one could find.

But before I got everything confirmed, I could not do anything......

*  *  *

SeungHyun's POV

SeungRi acted a little weird this morning.  The way he looked at me at the breakfast table somehow made me a little uncomfortable.  But he left before I could ask him anything and he did not come back to the office until noon.

"Jang Biseo, is Choi Bonbujang back yet?"

"Not yet!  We tried to call him, but he is not answering." Jang Biseo replied on the phone.

I texted him and told him to come back to the office immediately, but he never replied nor did he read my texts.

"Jang Biseo?"

Jang Biseo came in within a few seconds, "Yes, Choi Sajang Nim!"

I looked up and said, "Use whatever way you can and get Choi Bonbujang here ASAP!"

She looked a little hesitated but still nodded, "Yes, Choi Sajang Nim!"

"Call the hotel to see if he's there!" I added.

"Yes, Choi Sajang Nim."  She replied and stepped out of my room.

"Hyeong, you're looking for me?"

I immediately looked up and there he was, "Where have you been all morning?"

SeungRi smiled and sat down in front of my desk, "Well, you know?  I have things to attend to.  What's up?  Why do you need to see me?  What's the urgency?"

"I should be the one who's asking what's up."

"What do you mean?" SeungRi drew his brows together a little.

I studied the look on his face.  He definitely looked a lot calmer than this morning.  I looked away to my laptop and asked casually, "You looked a little weird this morning, so..."

"Oh, my brother is worried about me!  Hyeong, admit it.  You love me!"

I couldn't help but chuckle at his words, "Anything that I should know before you get into trouble?"

"HYEONG!  I have not got into trouble for SOOOO long.  I've been good, OK?" He protested.

I chuckled again, "Well, something would happen whenever you acted little weird.  I just want to make sure and do whatever pre-damage control I can."

He rolled his eyes at me and said, "Hyeong, with CL by my side, what can I do to mess up?  I mean, at work, there's you.  Outside work, there's the mighty CL.  She's making damn sure that none of my toes would step out of the line.  So, I won't be able to mess up even if I wish.  You know what I'm saying?"

I laughed.  He was right.  CL was like a guard to him that he was either at office, home or with her.  He really has been good ever since he went steady with CL.  No doubt that he has changed a lot because of CL and this was also why mother approved their relationship.

"Well, so why were you acting weird this morning?  Don't you think I didn't notice you kept glancing at me at breakfast."

He laughed suddenly, "Haha...  You had egg yolk on the corner of your mouth.  You looked too funny that I couldn't keep my eyes off you.  I mean, how often do you see Choi SeungHyun looking like a baby when eating, you know?"

I gazed at him and try to study his every expression.  He didn't seem to be lying but the answer was not too convincing either, "Well, like I said, if there's anything I need to know, you better spill before it's too late.  You know I hate to clean up your messes!"

SeungRi let out a huge sigh, "I do not have any mess for you to clean up.  OK?  Stop worrying about me.  Go take care of your fiance!  I already have a babysitter."

I looked away as I said, "No need for you to remind me about taking care of my fiance.  She's my woman, I know what to do."

"Oh yea?   I heard that Krystal is back."

I looked up and asked, "How did you know?  Mom knows?"

SeungRi leaned forward and gazed me in the eyes, "You are worrying about Krystal or Hill?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You look so surprise that I know she's back.  And you definitely are worried that Mom knows about it too.  Why?  You are worried that Mom would do anything to her?  Or you are worried that she would do anything to Hill?" SeungRi asked with a serious face and tone.

"I am not worried about anything.  I was just asking a simple question."

"Hyeong, we all know what Krystal meant to you.  We know she was once very important to you, no matter what has happened in the end.  But I just want to know your feelings for her now.  What is her to you now?  Do you still care about her?" SeungRi has not talked to me in such a serious tone before.  He somehow sounded all matured suddenly.

"Whatever there was, it was 7 years ago." I replied.

"Meaning you have no feelings for her now?" He asked again.

I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye, "I don't think I need to answer your question.  If you are not getting into any trouble, then get out."

"Hyeong, I'm serious.  Do you still have feelings for her?  I'm not leaving until you give me your word."

I looked at him and said, "I don't have any feelings for her as a woman."

"But you still care about her as a human being."

I smiled, "Well, if you ever found out one of your exes was in trouble, would you be able to look away and pretend you don't know?"

"Well, I would.  I will.  Because I have CL now.  Before I care about any other female species on earth, I will and I have to care about my woman first.  This is what a man who loves his woman should do." SeungRi answered confidently.  I was impressed by his answer.  My brother really has grown up a lot.

He continued, "Hyeong, I know you know what you should do.  And I know I'm not the person to remind you on anything.  But I still want to say this.  No matter what you do, think of Hill first.  She is the one who is going to spend the rest of her life with you.  She is the one who lightened up your life.  Women don't think the way we think.  Even if they could, they would still choose not to understand the cause of our actions.  They just believe what they want to believe.  Even the most open-minded woman could not tolerate her man sharing the slightest sympathy to his ex.  That goes with your fiance as well.  She may be very understanding and supportive, but there would be a spot in her heart always remembering it and reminding her of it.  And it would grow bigger and bigger, at the end it would ruin your relationship with her.  Then it would be too late to do anything before you even noticed it."

SeungRi sounded like he knew something.  But I figured he would not tell me what he knew.  Judging by what he said to me, he was simply giving me a warning.  Warning me not to do anything stupid that I would regret for life.

*  *  *

I had lunch with father after the management meeting.  And on the way out of the restaurant, we bumped into Mrs. Kim.

"How are you, Mrs. Kim?" I bowed politely.

"Choi Kwaejang, how nice to see you here?" Mrs. Kim said, as she threw me quick glance.

"Yes, are you leaving as well?" Father asked.

Mrs. Kim slightly shook her head, "Not yet.  My friends are still inside."

"I see.  Well, I guess we'll see you next Monday at dinner?"

"Yes, of course."

Father nodded his head and walked to the door.  I bowed to Mrs. Kim before I followed him.

"SeungHyun?" Mrs. Kim stopped me from leaving.

I held my steps and turned around, "Yes, Mrs. Kim."

She gazed me in the eyes and the slight smile that previously on her face was now gone.  She raised her chin a little and slightly gritted her teeth before she said, "I don't care how many women you had in the past or how much you were in love with those women.  If you have made your decision to choose my daughter, I expect you to stick to it to the end.  Meaning not even a slightest slip-off is allowed along the way.  Do I make myself clear?"

I looked at her and somehow had a feeling that she was referring to Krystal.  I nodded my head and said, "Yes, of course, Mrs. K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter