Birthday Presents

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hilary's POV

JiYong and I went back to the loft.  He didn't speak a word to me on the way back and once we were back, he laid the suitcases on my bed and started to pack.  Not only his stuffs, but mine too.

"JiYong, what are you doing?" I pulled my clothes out from the suitcase while JiYong grabbed my clothes from the closet.

He stuffed my clothes back into the luggage and said, "We are going back to Seoul.  We are leaving NOW."

"NO!" I shouted.

"YES!  You told your brother you are in love with me.  So, we go back and tell the whole world about this.  Then, we will get married."

"JiYong!  I'm sorry that I lied.  I used you to lie to my brother.  But..." I tried to pull him away from the luggage, but he just wouldn't budge.

"No buts!  I mean, I love you TOO.  So, let's get married.  Like I said, if you marry me, your mother won't dare to kick your brother out of ShinHwa unless she wants ShinHwa to go down.  She knows I'm not good at handling businesses.  So, all your worries will be gone.  And I get to marry the woman I love.  We both get what we want.  Isn't this a great plan?"  He slammed the luggage shut and locked it.  He glanced at me with a straight face as if this was no joke at all and he was totally serious about us getting married.

I dropped myself on the bed with my jaw dropped and couldn't speak a word.  He pulled his shirts down from the closet and put them in his suitcase, "Anything else you need to pack?  Cosmetics?  Skin care?"

He glanced at me out of the corner of his eye and locked his suitcase, "Well, nothing we can't get in Seoul.  So, forget about them.  Where did you put your passport?"  He pulled out the first drawer of my bedside table and said, "Here?  Yes, right here."  He stuffed the passport into his pants pocket, "All set.  Grab your Chanel.  We are out of here."

I looked up at him and let out a heavy sigh, "JiYong, how many time do I have to tell you?  I'm not going back."

He smirked at me and said, "Girl, I'm not asking for your permission.  Just like you didn't ask for my permission before you lied to your brother in front of my face.  I don't care if I have to knock you out and piggyback you to the airport.  You are going back to Seoul with me, tonight.  And let me warn you, don't even think of running away coz I will watch you like a hawk."

I gritted my teeth and tears started to form in my eyes, "Why are you doing this to me?  I can't go back.  I don't want to go back."

"Yes, you can.  And you WILL go back with me."  He grabbed my hand and pulled me up on my feet, "Get up!"

I swung off his grasp and said, "Kwon JiYong, you can't make me!  Give me back my passport!"  I reached into his pants pocket to get my passport.  He slapped me on the back of my hand and said, "Move your hand an inch further, I'll interpret it as you want ME instead."

I rolled my eyes as I let out a sigh, "I'm not in the mood to play with you.  Give it back to me!"

He shook his head with a smirk, "Well, much as I'd love to PLAY with you, I don't have the mood to do it now either.  So, let's get going."  He grabbed my hand again with one hand and pushed the luggages forward with the other.

"JiYong, please!" I pulled him back and begged, "I..."

He turned around and looked me in the eyes, "You what?  Don't give me those i-can't-go-back or i-don't-want-to-go-back .  Coz you and I both know what the truth is."

I gulped down the saliva in my mouth and said, "Truth?  What is the truth?  Don't think you know everything about me."

He let out a laugh and said, "Well, I may not know everything about you; but I certainly know enough already.  So, don't fight me!"

I stared him in the eyes and inhaled deeply to hold my tears, "JiYong, I'm not ready.  I'm just not ready to go back."

*  *  *

JiYong's POV

"When?  When will you be ready?" I cupped her face with both hands and gazed her in the eyes as I continued, "How much more time do you need to get ready?  It has already been two months now.  If you really have moved on and lived happily here, I wouldn't ask you to go back with me.  But obviously you are not and I can't leave you here.  So, you are coming home with me."

Hilary and I gazed each other in the eyes for a long while without saying another word.  She let out a soft sigh and said to me, "Give me some more time.  Let me think about it.  OK?"

I nipped her chin and asked, "How much more time do you need?  One day?  Two?  A week?  You have to give me a range.  We need to set a deadline.  Hill, all you need is a little bit of courage.  Not time!"

She pushed me away and said, "Don't push me, JiYong!  Courage takes time to build, you know?"  She walked over to the living room area and sat down on the couch.

She put her legs up and hugged her knees tight to her chest.  I sat down beside her and gently her hair, "Hill, I know you are worried about seeing SeungHyun Hyeong again.  You don't know how to face him after you have pushed him away twice.  You are afraid that he really has moved on.  But nobody knows for sure and you'll have to go find out.  Even if he has really moved on, you'll still have ME!"  I acted cute as I raised my left eyebrow and smiled.

She threw me a sharp stare and I stared her back.

"I really hate you, you know?" She hit me on the chest playfully as she smiled.  Tears were still on her cheeks.  But it felt so good to see her smile again.  I brushed her cheek and said, "Hill, I promise I'll be with you every step of the way.  You just have to take the first step."

She moved closer to me and leaned her head on my shoulder.  I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tight.

"JiYong, thank you.  Thank you for everything."

I smiled and kissed her on the head, "I'm becoming too good that I'm actually scaring myself."  She giggled in my arms as she wiped away her tears.

"I really think you should go take a look at yourself in the mirror.  To see how funny you look when you cry and giggle at the same time." I teased.

"Yahh..."  She hit me on the chest again, but this time a little harder than before.

"Ouch!  It hurts!" I rubbed my chest as I cried out.  She looked up at me with a pout.  I pinched her on the nose and said, "I love it when you smile and when you put up a cute pout like this.  I really don't like to see you cry anymore."

She blushed a little as I leaned forward and planted a long kiss on her forehead.

*  *  *

SeungHyun's POV

I pulled open the draperies in my bedroom and let the sunlight shine through the windows to the room.  I narrowed my eyes as the sunlight stung my eyes.  I stretched my neck and arms a bit hoping to totally wake myself up.

The alarm went off as usual after I woke up.  I walked over to the bedside table to switch the sound off.  I stared at the date shown on the digital clock.  April 19th.  Today was Hilary's birthday.....

*  *  *

JiYong's POV

A week gone by, Hilary spent most of the time at her florist.  Life as usual and she looked much relax and her mood was a little bit uplifted.  I stayed by her side each day and tried to help out at the florist, although I wasn't of much help at all.

"Yahh, Kwon JiYong!"  Hilary shouted behind me and I almost dropped the bucket of daisies to the floo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter