Epilogue

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hilary's POV

“OMG!  I can’t breathe.”  CL put her hand on her chest as she cried.

SeungRi crouched beside her as he fanned his hand in front of her face, “Calm down, Babe!  Forget about what Mom just said.  You’ll be fine.”

“No!  Can’t you see I’m panicking?” CL shouted back.

SeungHyun and I stood at the door and watched the whole time but neither of us dared to walk in to the room.

SeungHyun leaned close to me and whispered in my ear, “You should probably go in and see if you can help out a little.  I don’t want my brother get killed on this day.”

I threw him a quick glance and elbowed him on the rib before I walked in to the room.

“Ouch!” SeungHyun cried behind me but I did not bother to look back.

I walked closer to the couple and said with a smile on my face, “Hey!”

“Hil!” CL jumped on her feet and threw her arms around me.

I wrapped my arms around her and said, “You will wrinkle your dress like this, you know?”

“I don’t fxxking care.” CL hugged me tight as she claimed.

I chuckled, “Are you sure you don’t care?  Should I go out and send everyone away?”

CL pushed me away and pouted at me.  I smiled as I helped her to fix her hair, “Look at you!”

“Hil, can I leave her to you?  I really need to go out to greet the guests and comfort my probably-already-pissed mother.” SeungRi begged as he looked at me with exhausted eyes.

I nodded with a smile.  However, before SeungRi could turn around to leave, CL dropped herself on the sofa and cried, “Leave as you please.  I’m not going out.”

SeungRi closed his eyes and let out a heavy sigh.  I pushed him a little and said softly, “Go!  Let me handle it.”

He gave me a ‘you-save-my-day’ look and mouthed ‘thank you’ before he left.

I sat down next to CL and grabbed her hand, “What’s wrong?”

She looked up and opened , but nothing came out.

“You are not getting cold feet, are you?” I asked.

She put her head down and stared at her hands on her lap.

“It’s normal to be nervous.  I was too on my wedding day.” I said.

“You didn’t look a bit nervous to me.” CL pouted.

“Well, let’s just say I am good in acting calm.”

She did not bother to respond.  She just clenched her dress in her hands.  I peeled her fingers one by one as I said, “Your dress will be all wrinkled.  If you need to ruin a dress, ruin mine.”

CL glanced at me sideway but still gave no response.

“It’s almost time.  Everyone is out there waiting.  You can’t sit here forever, you know?  It’s either I go out and send them away or you go out and say ‘I do’.  You choose.”

“I’m not going out.” CL muttered.

I stood up and fixed my dress, “Got it!  I will go tell SeungRi you have made up your mind.”

“Yahh…” CL shouted as I took my first step.

I turned around and asked, “What?  Changed your mind again?”

She pouted.

I let out a sigh and put my hand on my stomach, “Girl, you know I can’t be stressed.  And as your sister-in-law-to-be, you throwing tantrum on your wedding day is totally not helping me in that department.”

CL slouched as she mumbled, “I’m sorry.  But I’m sure Lil Pea in there will forgive me.”

I rolled my eyes, “Well, Lil Pea just told me that if you don’t gather yourself and go out there, it will have to reconsider about having you as its aunt.  After all, you need to be married to its uncle first.”

CL glanced at me out of the corner of her eye.

I sighed as I sat down next to her, “I don’t know what our mother-in-law has said to you earlier.  Maybe she gave you a last-minute lecture on how to be her daughter-in-law which scared you.  You know how mother-in-laws love to set their standards so high in order to intimidate their daughter-in-law.  However, don’t you forget one thing, you are marrying SeungRi, not her.  You may say it’s a package deal.  Well, true.  But at the end of the day, all that matters is how much SeungRi and you love each other.  And I’m sure SeungRi will do whatever he can to help you.  And so will I.  You will never be alone.”

CL finally looked up at me and I could see tears in her eyes.  I could really see her fear and worries now.  I hugged her close, “Shh…  You don’t want to mess up your mascara.  Take a deep breath.  those tears back in.  Save everything until tonight and let them all out on SeungRi.  Okay?”

CL pushed me away a little and pouted, “How can you tell me to let it out on my hubby?  Tonight is our first night!”

I smirked, “Well, there are many ‘ways’ to let ‘it’ out on him, I’m sure!”

“Yahh…” CL playfully slapped me on the back of my hand as she finally smiled herself.

I chuckled, “Alright!  So, shall we get ready for the Ceremony?  I bet your hubby is waiting anxiously outside.”

She nodded with a pout.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter