Another Meaning

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SeungHyun's POV

"Hilary left the bracelet at the river bank?" I asked.

JiYong let out a heavy sigh, "Yes."

I didn't know what to say no more.  Hilary must have misinterpreted my whole meaning.  And all this time, I thought she really gave up on us and moved on.  How stupid I could be!

"But guess what?  I picked it up and brought it back."  JiYong said with his proud tone.

I was stunned by what he said.  I never imagined in my wildest dreams that JiYong would do all these.  I finally realized how much he truly loved her.  I felt so ashamed all of a sudden.

"You still with me?" JiYong asked again.

"Yes." I muttered.

JiYong let out a heavy sigh, "You do know what I'm trying to do, right?"

"I think so.  But why?" I couldn't really understand JiYong's motive.  For the Kwon JiYong I knew all these years, he would not miss any chances to get what he truly wanted.  But whatever he did now was totally the opposite.  I guessed this was what we called the power of true love.

"I told you already.  I just want Hilary to be happy.  Don't get me wrong though.  I'm still confident that in time, she'll fall for me and we'll live happily together.  I'm sure of that.  We had a happy two months in Paris.  We grew closer to each other."

I asked, "You proposed to her in order to bring her back?"

JiYong replied, "Don't think I didn't think of marrying her in Paris and make it a done deal.  I am not afraid to admit to anyone that I love her very much.  And I'm sure once she said yes to me, she will not back away unless I back away first.  But then, she will always have a hole in her heart that nobody except YOU can mend.  And I don't want that.  I don't want her to have any regrets.  Not to mention, I don't want my wife to think of YOU from time to time."

I shook my head and chuckled a little.

"I purposely arranged the dinner the other night to test you two.  To stir things up.  Especially for Hill.  I want her to realize she just can't fool her heart like that.  To make her face the fact that even though she ran 9000km away or she made herself to engage with someone else, the one she only loves is you."

I let out a soft laugh and said, "I knew you were doing that on purpose. But I never imagined this to be the reason."

"Well, she only said yes to me since she thought she owed me; yet the one she loves is you.  And she still does.  But I don't blame her coz I know what she has been through.  I hope you won't judge her either since there are reasons behind her actions.  We may not agree to what she did, but she did everything out of love.  It broke her apart to let you go too.  She tried to stay strong and pretended nothing happened; but instead, she hurt so much inside.  She made a choice that she believes it's right and sticks to it no matter what, even if she has to live with all the heartbreaking consequences that come after.  She is so silly in others' eyes.  Yet, I can't help but admire her determination.  And she is so stubborn that I believe the only way to bring her back is if we are engaged.  I know the walls she built around herself will crack once she is back in Seoul; once she sees you again."

I asked, "You know about her reasons?"

"Yes." JiYong's answer knocked me down once more.  No matter how hard I tried, Hilary just wouldn't tell me why she pushed me away; but she told JiYong instead.  I was sure that she had her own reason for not telling me; but I just couldn't help but feel upset about it.

"She only told me because I'm a total outsider in the situation.  Not because she trusts me more."

I chuckled at JiYong's words, "I understand."

He let out a soft sigh, "Much as I want to tell you, it's something not up to me to tell.  But I can assure you this silly girl hangs on to her belief tightly.  She is so stubborn that even WooBin Hyeong's not able to change her mind."

"Hyeong said it's because of him.  He wanted to tell me back then.  But I was so stubborn as well that I just wanted to hear it from Hilary herself.  I guess I should have listened to him and we wouldn't have wasted all the time for nothing." I really regretted it now.

"Well, I wouldn't say the time was wasted since we all learned something from it, haven't we?"

I nodded, "Yes.  I guess you are right."

"What's with you and Jenny Park anyway?  You are not dating her, are you?  Coz if you are already in a relationship, stay away from Hill.  Pretend I didn't call today.  Send me back the portrait.  Don't ever try to mess with her mind.  I don't want her to get hurt because of that woman." JiYong said in a serious tone.

I chuckled, "I never said anything about dating anyone."

JiYong let out a laugh, "So, it's all Jenny's imagination, huh?"

"Well, I can't control her mind."

"Hahaha...  I never knew Choi SeungHyun would go ambiguous with any woman he's not interested in.  Let me guess!  You still have the screwdriver with you.  Am I correct?"

I hesitated and didn't answer him.  I took the portrait back to my desk and sat down.

"Why exactly did you take away the screwdriver?  Did you seriously think that silly girl would get what you meant?" JiYong asked.

I let out a soft laugh, "Obviously, she didn't exactly get what I meant."

"Man, next time when you try to be romantic, think twice before you act.  Or call me.  Call your brother.  I mean, why would you take away the screwdriver and send her the locked bracelet?  Of course, she would think you let go since you took away the key to the LOVE bangle.  A symbol of love.  GOD!  How can you expect her to think otherwise?"

I rolled my eyes, "I didn't know you too were pessimistic.  Can you look at it as my love for her is sealed and I kept the key since I don't want her to unseal it.  Meaning I'm not letting go?"

"ARHHH.......   HOW ROMANTIC!  So, you expect her to run back to you after receiving the locked bracelet?  Then, you'll use your KEY to unlock it and RE-SEAL it on her wrist?  My Goodness, Choi SeungHyun!  What is this?  5th Grade romance?  Have you watched too much drama lately?"  JiYong burst out laughing at the other end.

"KWON JI YONG!"

"Hahaha....  I'm sorry.  But this is really funny.  I mean, when people look at you, everyone thinks you'd be the most romantic guy in the world.  In a level that no woman can ever resist you.  But the truth is, you totally misled the woman you love and drove her away.   OMG!"  JiYong laughed hard.

I gritted my teeth to keep myself calm, "I'm hanging up."

"Alright!  Alright!  Sorry!  Enough of joking around.  Anyway, Cupid JiYong has done whatever he could.  It's your turn to take action.  I mean, you can't expect me to bring her to you, right?"

I took a deep breath and said, "JiYong, thank you!  For everything."

JiYong stopped laughing and said seriously, "I didn't do it for you.  I did it for the woman I love.  Letting her go doesn't mean I don't love her anymore.  And let me warn you, if you ever hurt her, I'll take her away and make you pay."

I chuckled.

"By the way, I sent her the bracelet.  DaeSung hid it somewhere in her office.  Let's see how long it will take her to find it.  Meanwhile, think CAREFULLY of what you are going to do.  If you need my help, just let me know.  Also, Minzy, DaeSung and your brother are all in this mission.  Feel free to deploy us if necessary.  I'll send you the bill afterwards."

I laughed, "Thank you!"

*  *  *

Minzy's POV

All set.  Now it was up to SeungHyun Oppa and Hilary to work things out on their own.  We built them the bridge and now we just had to wait for them to walk towards each other.

DaeSung Oppa, SeungRi and I went for dinner together at a Japanese restaurant in Apgujeong, to celebration the progress of our mission so far.

SeungRi raised his glass and said, "To my brother and Hilary!"

DaeSung Oppa and I raised our glasses as well, "Cheers!"  We gulped down the sake in one go.

SeungRi filled our glass again as he said, "I'm not going home tonight.  Minzy, can I stay at your place?"

DaeSung Oppa dropped his chopsticks and looked up at SeungRi instantly.  I raised my eyes at SeungRi and asked, "Why?"

SeungRi gulped down another glass of sake and said, "How can I go home after what happened today?  I mean, my brother would prob

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter