Consequence #1

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JiYong's POV

"You really don't have to sit here with me.  Go have fun with your friends.  I can leave by myself.  Really!"  Hilary said.

I snatched her phone from her hand and inserted my number to it, "This is my number.  Call me anytime.  When you need a ride; when you can't decide where to go; when you want to party.  Anything."

Hilary took her phone and laughed softly, "Is this a common habit of men in Seoul?"

I shrugged with a smile, "Maybe!"  She chuckled and stuffed her phone into her clutch.

"JiYong, why are you sitting here?  The girls are all here.  Come on!"  SooHyuk came to our table with a model in his arms.

I glanced at Hilary and threw SooHyuk a quick glare.  Hilary grabbed her clutch and said to me with a smile, "You go ahead.  Have fun!"

I grabbed her hand and pulled her back to her chair, "Not tonight, SooHyuk."  I still held onto Hilary's hand and didn't let her go.  She tried to pull away and said, "Go on.  It's really OK.  I want to leave anyway."

"I'll go with you then."  I said, still held on to her as if I was afraid she would run away.

"You really don't have to.  I know my way back."  She glanced at SooHyuk and said as she blushed a little.

SooHyuk smirked at me and said, "Hilary, let him take you home.  But make sure he takes you back to your home and leaves afterwards though."

"Lee Soo Hyuk!"  I glared at him instantly.  Hilary looked at me with her eyes wide-opened.  I laughed embarrassedly, "Don't listen to him.  He's talking non-sense.  You, go away with your girl."

SooHyuk laughed out loud and said to Hilary, "I'm just kidding.  JiYong's not the kind of man who likes to force a woman to anything she doesn't want to.  Just smack him if you are not comfortable."  He laughed at his own words and the girl next to him giggled as well.

"LEE SOO HYUK!  GO AWAY!"  I really wanted to smack him.  I blushed somehow and didn't know what to say.  I glanced at Hilary and she gazed at me for a second and chuckled.

"What's so funny?"  I asked.

She shook her head and said, "Nothing.  Are you giving me a ride or what?"

"Yes, let's go!"   We stood up while still holding hands.

SooHyuk whispered in my ear, "Have fun!"

I hit him on the chest and whispered back, "Shut up!"

"Bye, Hilary!"  SooHyuk said with a smile.

Hilary smiled back and nodded her head.  We walked out of the club hand in hand.  I didn't know why, I somehow didn't want to let go and it felt so natural as well.

She looked at me and said softly, "You can let go of my hand now."  I immediately pulled away my hand and blushed again.  I couldn't remember when was the last time Kwon JiYong blushed in front of a girl, not only once but a few times.

"I'm sorry."

She shook her head with a smile, "It's OK.  So, girls here tonight are not your type, huh?"

"What was that?"  I asked.

"You used me as an excuse to leave early since the girls inside are not your type, am I right?"  She teased with a smile.

That explained all about her impression of me.  I never questioned my life-style nor cared about my image in the eyes of others.  Like CL said, I was a well-known playboy in town.  People inside or outside the circle knew who I was.  Girls drooled on me and men either envied or hated me.  But this time, I somehow felt a little embarrassed or even a little ashamed of how I looked in the eyes of a woman.

I gazed at Hilary and didn't know how to answer her question.  My car was here.

"My car is here."  I put my hand on her waist and slightly pushed her forward.  I opened the door for her.  She glanced at me before she got into the car.

"Where should I take you?"  I asked with my eyes stared at the front.  She looked at me and asked, "Did I say something wrong?"

I glanced at her out of the corner of my eye and shook my head.  She looked at me suspiciously and asked, "Because I said you used me as an excuse to leave early?  I was just joking."

I shook my head again and looked at her with a reassuring smile, "I'm just a little tired.  That's all.  Where should I take you?  Back to the hotel?"

"Then, you should go home and rest.  I can take the taxi."

I grabbed her hand and said, "Just tell me where you need to go."

She hesitated a bit and said, "Please take me back to the hotel."  I nodded with a smile, then shifted gear and floored it.

Both of us kept our silence and didn't speak a word to each other.  The awkwardness filled the air.  Hilary put her hands together on her lap and stared out of the window silently.  I wanted to break the silence but somehow didn't know how.  It was just not me.

"I'm sorry."  Hilary uttered all of a sudden.

"Huh?"  I turned to look at her.

She looked up and said, "I'm sorry for what I've said."

"You don't have to apologize.  You didn't say anything wrong.  Really!"  I felt bad somehow.

She let out a heavy sigh and said softly, "I don't know what happened to me.  I keep saying things to hurt people today."

I stopped the car at the red light.  I grabbed her hand and said, "Really.  You really didn't say anything wrong.  I'm not mad or anything."

She shook her head and mumbled, "Who am I to tease you on using me as an excuse?  I myself used someone as my backup plan and THREW him away when the plan failed."

"What do you mean?"  I totally didn't get what she was saying.  Backup plan.  Plan failed.  Him?  Who?

She looked out of the window again and didn't answer me.  We remained silent for the remaining journey to her hotel.

"Thanks for bringing me back and I'm really sorry."  She said softly.

"Hilary!"

She gave me a smile and got off the car after saying good night.  I switched off the engine and got out of the car, "Hilary!"

She didn't respond and walked into the hotel.  I suddenly had this fuzzy feeling in my stomach.

*  *  *

Hilary's POV

My grandfather called me a few times in the past few days.  I didn't see him after his birthday.  He somehow knew that I was mad at him and he was really worried that I would disappear.  I didn't take his calls for I wanted to teach him a lesson as well as to tell him that I would not back down no matter what.  My mother asked DaeSung Oppa to check on me from time to time to make sure I was still in Seoul.

"Oppa, if I really want to leave, no one...  I mean, NO ONE will be able to stop me.  So, save your time from checking on me every few hours.  If mother is this worried, tell her to get a restraining order to forbid me from leaving Seoul."  I said to DaeSung Oppa on the phone.

"Do you know she can really find a way to do that?"  He joked.

I rolled my eyes, "I know.  But that means she is calling for war with me.  She dares not do so."

DaeSung laughed on the other end of the phone, "Sajang Nim asked me to tell you the whole family will have lunch together at the hotel this Saturday."

"Oppa?  Or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter