The Angry Predator

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hilary's POV

My heart almost stopped when JiYong leaned closer and closer to me.  I pushed him away instinctly before our lips met.  I wasn't sure why I pushed him away.  I was so nervous and the arm muscles somehow reflexed.  We walked back to the car hand in hand.  I didn't resist that though.  He did make my heart fluttered whenever we were close to each other.  But I wasn't sure what that meant.  Was that because I had feelings for him or I was scared of falling into his trap.  I really didn't know.

I was a little surprised that JiYong brought me to a traditional pig feet restaurant for dinner.  I thought he would bring me to a candle light dinner or something.  But I actually preferred this rather than some fancy restaurant.  We chatted happily over dinner and had a great time.  I enjoyed listening to his silly jokes and funny stories.  Tonight I saw the other side of Kwon JiYong.  A softer and warmer side of him which he seldom shown it to people.

We went back to the Resort after dinner.  DaeSung was already there at the entrance when I got off the car.  He rushed to me and asked, "Kim Isa, where have you been?  Have you lost your phone?"  He looked at JiYong and politely bowed his head.

"I forgot to bring my phone with me.  I wanted to call you but I can't remember your number.  Sorry!" I said.

DaeSung drew his brows together and said softly, "Sajang Nim called you a few times.  He is really worried."

I sighed, "I'm not a kid.  What is there to be worried about?"  JiYong stepped up to my side and asked, "Something wrong?"

JiYong gave DaeSung a sharp stare and DaeSung nodded his head.  I patted on his arm and said, "Oppa, it's OK.  I just went out for a walk and dinner.  I came back in one piece."

JiYong laughed softly.  I threw him a stare and he shrugged as he chuckled.

"Did you have dinner yet?  Go to rest." I asked DaeSung.  He nodded, "Meeting at 10a.m. tomorrow morning."

"Mmm...  Good night!"  I said with a smile.  He wanted to bow again but I threw him a sharp stare to stop him.

"Good night, Kim Isa Nim!"  He straightened his back and said, "Good night, Kwon Sangmu Nim."

JiYong nodded and put his hand on my waist, "Let's go!"

I could feel that DaeSung was watching us from behind.  JiYong's hand stayed on my waist until we arrived at the lift lobby.  I slightly turned my head to glance at DaeSung and he quickly turned away.  I had a feeling that my brother would lecture me again when I was back in Seoul.

*  *  *

JiYong walked me to my door.

"Thanks for the ride and dinner.  I'll see you in Seoul?" I said.

He took a step towards me and stared me in the eyes.  I consciously took a step backward and bumped on the door.  I leaned back to the door and raised my hands up to his chest as he leaned forward to me.

"Will you push me away again if I kiss you right here?"  JiYong said with a smirk.

I gazed at him and didn't reply.  He slowly looked up at the ceiling and said, "Do you think someone is looking at us right now?"

I looked up at the surveillance camera on the ceiling and said softly, "Probably."

He leaned closer as he said, "But I don't care!"  He then pressed his lips on mine and made me shivered.  His hot lips tingled mine and made my knees go weak.  He slid his arm around my waist to pull me up on my feet. Our lips stayed together for two seconds but it felt like a minute or even longer.

JiYong slowly pulled back and gazed me in the eyes.  I gazed him back and couldn't help but blush again.  He smiled and pecked me on the forehead, "Good night!"

"Good night!"  I turned around to open the door with my key card.  He pulled the door open for me and gave me a warm smile, "I'll see you in Seoul."

I nodded my head and went inside.

I closed the door behind me and leaned on it.  I pressed my hand on my chest, hoping to calm my throbbing heart.  I felt a little dizzy as well.  Must be the side-effect of the soju we had during dinner and the kiss.  I had this strange feeling all of a sudden.  It was like I was riding a horse along the edge of a cliff.  A mixture of excitement and fear.  It was just a brief and gentle kiss.  I shook my head and said to myself, "Don't over-think!  It meant nothing, especially with Kwon JiYong."

My phone suddenly rang.  I walked into the living room area and found my phone on the coffee table.

It was SeungHyun.  I hesitated a second and still took the call, "Hello!"

"Hilary?  Are you OK?"  He sounded pretty worried.

"Yes.  I went out for dinner and forgot to bring the phone with me."

He breathed a sigh of relief, "I see.  I called you a few times and you didn't pick up.  So, I got worried."

I didn't know why but I had this strange feeling when he said he got worried, as if I have done something bad behind his back.  I jerked my head and said, "I'm alright.  Don't worry!  Why is it that you called?"

"A new art gallery in Gangnam is opening this Saturday.  I have the invitation and just wondering if you would like to go with me.  I heard that they have Dino's painting too." SeungHyun sounded quite anticipated.

I didn't respond right away for I didn't know if I should go with him.

"It's OK if you don't want to go." He added.

"What time?"

"3p.m.  I'll pick you up at the hotel around 2:30p.m.?"  He said.

"OK!"

"I'll see you on Saturday!"

"Mmm..."

"Good night!"

"Good night!" I said.

I wasn't sure if it was a right choice to go to this opening with SeungHyun; but I somehow didn't know how to reject him.  It felt like I owed him and that I was not able to say no.

*  *  *

SeungHyun's POV

I was a little nervous since Tuesday, the day Hilary agreed to go to the Opening with me.  I have been looking forward to this day since then.  I arrived at the hotel early and waited Hilary at the coffee shop.  Hilary came down exactly at 2:30p.m.  She wore a white wool coat with a pale pink mini dress inside and white pumps.  She looked fresh and pretty.

"Am I late?" Hilary asked with a smile.

"No, you are right on time.  I arrived early.  Ready?"

She nodded her head.  I opened the car door for her and she smiled to me before she got into the car.

"Hilary?" Someone called her name from behind.  Hilary and I turned around to look who that was.

"JiYong?" She said and quickly glanced at me.

JiYong walked over to us and nodded his head to me, "Where are you guys going?"  He stared at Hilary straight in the eyes and didn't look too pleased.

Hilary glanced at me again and said, "SeungHyun and I are attending an Opening of a new art gallery.  Why are you here?"

"To see you." JiYong said with a blunt tone and glanced at me out of the corner of his eye.

"See me?  Why?  You should have called before you came."

I kept my silence for I didn't want to give Hilary any pressure.  JiYong looked up at me and asked, "How long is this opening?"

"An hour or so.  Why?" I asked with a flat tone.  Hilary glanced at both of us and somehow didn't know what to do.

JiYong slightly brushed Hilary's cheek and she consciously backed away a little embarrassedly.  JiYong said, "I'll come pick you up at the gallery in 2 hours."

Hilary looked a little surprised and glanced at me again before she said to JiYong, "Anything important?  Can it wait till tomorrow?"

JiYong drew his brows together and said, "I'll see you in 2 hours."  He turned around and got into his car before Hilary could say another word.  He drove off with high speed and disappeared down the street.

Hilary let out a heavy sigh and said to me, "Let's go."  I nodded my head and held the door for her.

We didn't talk on the way to the gallery.  I could feel that she was drowned in her own head space because of JiYong's appearance.

*  *  *

At the gallery.

"Choi Jonmu Nim, welcome!"  Lee, the curator of this art gallery, came up to us and said with a big smile.

"The gallery looks great!"  I said

"Thank you, Choi Jonmu Nim.  And this is?"  Lee asked as he gave our his hand to Hilary.

I smiled, "This is Hilary Kim."

Lee looked at Hilary and smiled, "Hello, Miss Kim.  Welcome to the Han's Art Gallery."

Hilary nodded her head with a smile.  Lee said, "The Opening Ceremony will start in 5 minutes.  Please be seated first.  Choi Jonmu Nim, do you need a tour around after the ceremony or you would like to walk around yourself?"

"We'll walk around ourselves.  Thank you."

"Sure.  Just let me know if you need anything.  Enjoy!"  Lee bowed politely.

After the Opening Ceremony, Hilary and I walked around the gallery to look at the artworks.  Hilary was so quiet and didn't look a bit enthusiastic at all.

"Anything wrong?  Or you are not feeling very well?  You seem very quiet."  I asked.

She looked up at me and shook he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter