LOVE

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hilary's POV

My body turned jelly as SeungHyun cupped my face with both hands and kissed me deeply.  I gripped his shirt tightly as I leaned myself on him.  He then slid his hands to my waist and hugged me close to himself.

We kissed as if there was no tomorrow.  My mind went blank and nothing seemed matter as long as he was with me.  I finally realized how much I loved this man and how stupid I was to think I could run away from him.

I broke our kiss since I was out of breath.  I blushed as I panted.  SeungHyun brushed my cheek and chuckled, "Hilary Kim?"

I looked him in the eyes and said, "Yes?"

He gazed me in the eyes as he said sincerely, "Hilary, I love you!"

These three words made me gasp and sent me tears to the eyes.  I put my arms around his neck and hugged him tight, "I love you too!  I really do!"

He hugged me back and said, "I know.  Promise me you will never leave me again!"

I nodded, "Mmm...  I will never leave you again."

He held me tightly in his arms and kissed me on the hair.  I snuggled my head on his shoulder and said, "SeungHyun, I'm really sorry!  How can I make it up to you?"

"Just reciprocate my love.  Let me walk with you every step of the way!  That's all I ask from you." He whispered in my ear.

I pulled away from him and looked him in the eyes, "I'm really stupid, huh?"

He shrugged with a smirk.  I pouted.

"Well, I won't call you stupid.  But I thought you were...  smarter."

"Yahh..." I playfully hit him on the chest and he laughed at me as he grabbed my hand.

"But JiYong called me a coward.  So as my brother."

He tapped me the nose and asked with a smile, "Are you?"

I inhaled deeply and nodded reluctantly, "I guess so.  I thought leaving was the best way for everybody.  But I underestimated our love and thought we both could let each other go and move on somehow.  In fact, we just couldn't.  I realized it when I saw your text before you left Paris.  But I was too coward to admit I was wrong.  And when I saw the bracelet you sent me, I thought you let go and I lost you finally.  No matter how difficult it was, I made myself to live with the consequences for my stupid choices.  And I made some more wrong choices after that as well..."

"You mean you said yes to JiYong."

I nodded, "I love him.  I do.  But like Minzy said, I love him as a friend.  My best friend.  I said yes because I thought it was the best choice I could have since if I would end up marrying someone my mother chose for me, I might as well marry JiYong.  At least, we have the friendship already and he loves me very much.  I tried.  I really tried.  But my heart just won't listen to my head..."

SeungHyun nodded his head.  I glanced at him and asked, "I know I'm selfish."

He smiled, "A little.  But we still love you the way you are.  Coz there's only one Hilary Kim in this world."

"Will you forgive me?" I gazed him in the eyes as I asked.

"I was never really mad at you.  Frustrated.  But not mad.  You ached my heart.  But my heart only beats for you." He planted a kiss on my forehead.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and asked, "Do you think JiYong will forgive me?  Even I can't forgive myself."

SeungHyun laughed softly, "He was never mad at you either.  But then, Cupid JiYong may be mad at me though."

I giggled in his arms.  We laughed a little and SeungHyun said, "Now, are you ready to tell me why exactly you ran away?"

I gasped and pulled away from him.  I looked at him for a long while before I nodded.

*  *  *

Minzy's POV

"Oppa, you called?" I called DaeSung Oppa back after our early morning meeting.

"Yes, I called." DaeSung Oppa said.

"Why?  I was at a meeting.  What's up?"

He hesitated, "EunHi was missing."

"Missing?  Again?  Wait!  You said 'was'."  My heart skipped a beat when DaeSung Oppa said 'missing'.

"Mmm...  Choi Jonmu found her already."

"SeungHyun Oppa?  They are back together ALREADY?  When did it happen?  How come I didn't know?  How come you didn't tell me?" I fired the questions at him in a go.

DaeSung Oppa laughed softly and said, "Calm down.  I'm not sure if they have worked things out already.  But Choi Jonmu called the day before yesterday and asked me to send him the bracelet...."

"The bracelet?  He asked you to send him Hill's bracelet?  Why didn't you tell me yesterday?"  I was a little angry at him since we talked almost 3 hours on the phone last night and he never mentioned anything about that to me.

"Choi Jonmu asked me not to tell anyone.  Anyway, I have no idea if they have met already.  But then, EunHi didn't come down to the office this morning.  I was worried and went up to her suite to look for her.  She wasn't there and she was not picking up her calls either.  So, I called Choi Jonmu."  DaeSung explained.

"And he just found her?  Wow, how did he know where she'd be?" I was amazed somehow.  I wondered whether DaeSung Oppa would be able to find me, if I disappeared all of a sudden someday.

DaeSung Oppa laughed softly, "I guess that is why they are destined to be together."

"Oppa, if I ran away someday, would you be able to find me?" I had to ask.

He laughed out loud, "You should ask if I would go look for you, instead of whether I would be able to find you."

I rolled my eyes, "So, will you look for me then?  Careful of what you are going to say, Kang DaeSung Ssi!"

"Of course I would.  And I can assure you I will find you, no matter where you are.  So, don't even think of hiding." He said confidently.

His answer was like candy sweetened my heart and made me smile.

*  *  *

Hilary's POV

I finally told SeungHyun everything.  He listened to me attentively and patiently.

"You must think it's a poor excuse for my silly actions.  But I really believed that was the only choice I had.  I've been avoiding my mother all these years.  That was why I stayed in Paris and didn't want to come back in the first place.  But I did come back somehow since my grandfather tricked me."

SeungHyun chuckled at my words.

"I tried to keep my distance from you when I realized who you are since I knew my mother would hook us up if she thought we were close.  As expected, our parents agreed on our marriage immediately after my grandfather's birthday party.  I bounced since I know the reason behind this arranged marriage.  I tried to avoid you but we somehow grew closer instead.  Then, I started to panick.  I thought both of us could let go easily since our flame just started to burn.  I thought I could put it away if I turned to someone else.  I thought you would be able to do the same too..."

He squeezed my hand and said, "But I insisted on our engagement."

I lowered my head and slightly nodded, "I didn't know what to do.  I tried to talk you out of it but you just wouldn't listen.  Just wouldn't let go.  All I could think of was my brother.  I always feel I owe him a lot.  I have a so-called complete family but he doesn't.  My mother treats him as an outsider.  A burden.  A servant.  It breaks my heart to see how much I have ever since I was born; but so little he gets.  He is my father's eldest son and he shou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter