He (Who)

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get her out of my mind.  I poured myself into work and hoped work would occupy me so that I didn't have time to think about her.  But it was like she was everywhere.  Anything around reminded me about her.  I knew I couldn't stay like this anymore.  I had to go find her...

*  *  *

Not a single day I didn't think about her in the past two months.  The world seemed to stop around me, yet life still went on.  I kept myself busy with work and shut myself off socially.  I didn't want to see anybody.  Just didn't have the mood nor the energy.  Coz all I had in my mind was her.  I had to go find her...

*  *  *

Hilary's POV

"Hilary!" He called my name again as he stepped closer to me.  The closer he got, the faster my heart pounded.  But I dared not to turn around.

He grabbed my hand from behind and said, "Hilary, please turn around!"

I took a deep breath and turned around to him.....

*  *  *

CL's POV

"Is my brother here?" I asked my brother's secretary.

Yoo Biseo politely bowed her head and said, "Sangmu Nim has left town yesterday."

"What?  Left town yesterday?  To where?" Kwon JiYong never mentioned anything about going somewhere to any of us.  Mother would probably go frantic when she knew about this.

"Sangmu Nim arranged his own flight tickets.  He just said he would be out of town a few days or maybe longer."

"That's it?  That's all he said?" I asked in disbelief.

Yoo Biseo nodded her head.

*  *  *

SeungRi's POV

Mom called me at the office just before I left the office.  I said, "Mom, I'm not coming home for dinner." 

"SeungRi, do you know where your brother is?"

"I have no idea.  Why?" I thought she called to ask if I would go home for dinner.

"Why?  Your brother flown out of town and didn't say a word where he was going.  You are not worried at all?" Mom raised her voice a little.  Hyeong was always her favourite son.  The one she worried most, even though there was actually not much to be worried about.

I sighed, "Mom, Hyeong is 29 years old.  He can go anywhere he wants to and he's capable of taking care of himself.  So, don't worry."

"HOW CAN I NOT BE WORRIED?"

"MOM!  Seriously, if Hyeong wanted to kill himself, he would have done it two months ago.  He has been working hard for the past two months, maybe he wants to take some time off.  Just let him be.  He will be fine." I really didn't know why she was so worried.

"I don't care what you say.  Find out where he is.  NOW!" She hung up when she finished.

I slammed the handset back to its base and groaned.  I let out a sigh and called Hyeong's secretary, "Jang Biseo?"

"Yes, Bonbujang Nim!" Jang Biseo said.

"Do you have any idea where my brother is?"

"I'm sorry, Bonbujang Nim.  I really don't know.   Jonmu Nim booked the tickets by himself."

"I see.  Thanks!" I hung up.

"Hyeong did his own travel arrangement for the trip?  Paris!  He is in Paris!" I said to myself with a smirk.

*  *  *

SeungHyun's POV

I didn't know what I would get in return for flying 9000km to look for a woman who ran away on our engagement day.  I didn't care if she didn't want to see me.  I didn't care if she'd shut me off again.  I missed her so much and needed to see her.  No matter how hard I tried to forget but I just couldn't.  I just couldn't get her out of my mind and I knew I couldn't live like this anymore.  Even if I had to let go at the end, I still wanted to go find her.  I had to at least get an answer from her to help me make up my mind on whether to keep waiting for as long as it'd take or to persuade myself to move on.

*  *  *

JiYong's POV

I knew from the very beginning that she had someone else in her heart and she didn't exactly fall in love with me when we started dating.  But I didn't care at all since I wanted her so much.  Although the time was short, we were happy during the time we were together.  I knew so well that she did try to love me.  Yet, I screwed everything up, no matter how hard I tried.  I broke my promise to her as well as broke her heart.  I knew I didn't deserve her forgiveness but I still wanted to fight for her.  I wasn't sure if she wanted to see me again; but I had to come to find her since I finally realized how much I loved her.

*  *  *

I found out where she was a while ago.  But I just couldn't make up my mind on whether or not to go find her until now, since I could no longer bear the longing for her.

I stood in front of her door and somehow hesitated.  My heartbeat quickened and I hesitated on whether to ring the bell.

"Bonjour, cherchez-vous Hilary?" A lady asked.

I turned around and replied, "Qui.  Savez-vous elle est où?"

The lady smiled, "Are you from Korea?"

I nodded, "Yes."

"I figured.  Well, Hilary's at her florist.  She's supposed to stay at her loft today, but her part-time employee has a mid-term test this morning.  So she has to go look after the shop herself.  But she'll probably be back after lunch."  The lady explained.

I let out a soft sigh.  Was this a sign for us?  I came to her loft instead since I knew she would stay at her loft on Wednesday.  But the odd seemed not on my side AGAIN.

"Do you want to come in to have some tea and wait for her?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter