Avengers

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hilary's POV

I felt a lot lighter in the morning since I no longer felt the heavy weight in my heart or on my shoulders.  Although the whole situation was not yet resolved, things sure seemed much clearly after my mother’s lecture and the talk with SeungHyun.

I got up early this morning, got changed and was ready for work.  I could foresee that piles of documents were placed on my desk waiting for my endorsement.  I took a deep breath and straightened my back before I walked out the door.  But I never imagined whom I would see in front of me when I opened the door.

A soft sigh escaped from me before I asked reluntantly, “What do I owe this pleasure this morning, Jenny?”

Jenny Park was standing right in front of me with her arms folded across her chest.  She disappeared not long after SeungHyun and I got back together.  No one heard of her since.  I had no idea why she was here so early in the morning.

“Is this how you greet me after all this time?  'What do I owe this pleasure this morning?’  And I thought girls like you have proper manners.” Jenny slightly lifted her chin up and said with a smirk.

I tried hard not to show the annoyance I had for her snobbish attitude.  I controlled my breath and said calmly, “Well, what is it that you want, Jenny Park?”  I was about to show her what proper manners are.

“Aren’t you going to invite me in?” Jenny asked.

I chuckled, “I don’t think so.  I am actually on my way to my office and I happen to have a meeting soon.  So, if you have anything to say, by all means say it and I can go to work.”

Jenny gritted her teeth at me and I have successfully made her unhappy.  I remained calm and had a serene smile on my face, not letting her effect me a tiny bit.

She cleared and said, “I heard that Krystal is back.  And she and SeungHyun have a 7-year old son.”  She smirked at me as if she hit a good ball and saved on first base.

I gave her a smile and said, “I believe that is not news anymore.”

She glared at me and asked, “So you know.  But what do you think about it?  What do you plan to do?”

I let out a cold laugh, “And what does it matter to you?  I don’t see your involvement in the whole situation.”  This woman was beyond nosy in my opinion.  She just wouldn’t miss out the chance to see me drown or step me under her foot.

“Well, as a woman myself, I just feel bad for you.  I mean, just when you think everything works perfectly for you, a son and an ex showing up to ruin the whole thing.  I sympathize you, Hilary.” Jenny gave me a scornful smile.

Just before I was about to speak, DaeSung called out from behind Jenny, “Kim Isa Nim?  Is there a problem?  Do I need to call the security?”

He walked up to us and Jenny immediately glared at him, “Your staff has bad manners too, huh?”

“Oh, Miss Park!  I didn’t notice it was you from behind.  You do look...  DIFFERENT...  from the last time I saw you.  I apologize.” DaeSung bowed his head as he said.  I almost laughed out loud at his words.

Jenny straightened her skirt as she fidgeted a little.  Now that DaeSung has mentioned it, I realized Jenny did look a little different from the last time I saw her.

I refrained myself from laughing and asked, “So, anything else that I can help you with, Jenny?”

Jenny looked at me and seemed as if she almost forgot her purpose here.  She struggled for words a little and finally said, “Are you calling off the wedding again?”

I chuckled.  She finally asked what she was most curious about.  I looked her in the eyes and asked instead, “And may I ask why would I need to do that?"

Jenny sneered again, "Well, I mean, I pity you.  A pretty rich girl like you, why would you want to be a step- mother?  And not to mention, you are the reason that the child can't have a proper family.  Don't you think?"

I slowly breathed in before I spoke, "Thanks for your kind concerns.  But I really don't see that has anything to do with you, Jenny."

"Come on.  We are both women.  You can tell me.  Do you seriously want to be a step-mother?"

I swallowed my anger and said, "Let me put it this way.   Even if I would call off the wedding, what would that have to do with you?  Do you think SeungHyun would turn to you somehow?  Or should I say, do you actually think you ever have a chance with him at all?”  I knew I was rude, but this was what she deserved and I had no problem throwing it at her face.

Her face turned red instantly and tightened her fists.  DaeSung was all tensed up all of a sudden as if he was ready to fight her if she attacked me.  But I knew well that she wouldn’t dare.

I turned to DaeSung and said, “Kang Siljang, ensure to send Miss Park my wedding invitation later on.”

“Yes, Kim Isa Nim!” DaeSung fired off an energetic reply.

Jenny grew even redder on her face, “You and SeungHyun are still getting married?”

I nodded, “Why wouldn’t we?”

She threw me another sharp glare before she turned around to leave.  DaeSung bowed and called out, “Have a good day, Miss Park!”

I clenched my lips to keep myself from burst out laughing.  I slapped DaeSung on his arm and threw him a glance.  He chuckled and whispered to me, “I will run an investigation on her.  See if she has anything to do with Miss Jung showing up.”

I looked up at him instantly with puzzled eyes.  He nodded, “Don’t you find it strange that she shows up like this?  I bet she has something to do with it. And I’m going to find out.”

I inhaled deeply digesting what DaeSung just said.  Jenny was behind all this?  Was it possible?

*  *  *

DaeSung once again proved that he could dig out any information with a flip of his hand.

“I can’t believe we missed out this important piece of information in our previous investigation.” He walked in my office with a file in his hands.  He put the file on my desk and flipped it open.  He pointed his finger on the paper in front of me and said, “Look!”

I looked and it was a phone number, “So?”

“Jenny Park’s phone number.  Turns out she has close contact with Krystal ever since you and Choi Sajang got back together.” DaeSung sat down in front of my desk as he flipped to the next page.

I looked at all the highlighted numbers on the page.  There were definitely a lot of calls, “All from Jenny to Krystal?”

DaeSung nodded, “I’m almost 100% sure that she must have persuaded Krystal to come back.  Hoping that she might get something out of the mess Krystal stirs up.”

I leaned back on my chair and asked, “But what could she get out of this?  Even if Krystal could break us up, that would not mean she stands a chance with SeungHyun?  She would be the last option here, I mean if she ever was an option at all.”

DaeSung let out a sigh, “Well, sometimes, some people just can’t help but fantasizing a little bit.  Dreaming of something that is so out of reach and hoping they would reach it somehow.  Pathetic, but it happens.”

I laughed at his words, “But then you think she would go through all the hassle just to break us apart?  Or maybe they planned this together?”

DaeSung shook his head, “I doubt it.  From how Krystal reacted to Mrs. Choi’s offer yesterday, I don’t think Krystal came back for money.  I have a feeling she is just a chess piece in Jenny’s chess game.  Jenny must have made everything sounded so ideal and fairytale-like.  After all, Krystal is just a young mother with a child.  She just wants what’s best for her son.  Don’t you agree?”

I nodded.  No matter what, I believed Krystal was a good mother and wanted the best for her son.

“So, what should we do now?” DaeSung asked.

I shrugged, “What do you think we need to do?”

DaeSung leaned forward and said with a serious look, “Pay back!  Teach Jenny Park a lesson, that she shouldn’t have messed with Kim EunHi.”  He drew his brows together and gave me an encouraging nod.

I smiled, “Well, I somehow think the opposite.  I should probably thank Jenny about this.  I’m actually grateful that the truth came out now rather than later.  It would be messier if this happened after we got married.”

DaeSung thought a second and nodded, “True.  But still, it’s not like that woman has all the good intentions on the whole thing.  I’m going to let SeungRi and CL know.  We will find a way to get her back.”

“Do what you have to do.  But don’t overdo it.” I knew I wouldn’t be able to stop him, might as well let him do what he wanted to do.

He stood up and said, “Don’t worry.  We will figure out something.  Maybe we should involve Kwon Sangmu.”

“JiYong?  Why?”

He narrowed his eyes and smirked, “Coz who can do it better than K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter