The Invisible

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SeungHyun's POV

I didn't know why but I kept thinking about Hilary ever since I saw her at Kiko's birthday party the other night.  I never imagined I would meet her again, especially in Seoul.  I was really surprised to see her that night.  How I wanted to talk to her a little bit more but she left so early that I didn't even get a chance to get her number.  We only met twice and I knew nothing about her.  She was all mysterious.  Yet, I just couldn't get her out of my head.  No woman invaded my mind like her since so many years ago.

Just when I was in my own head space, SeungRi burst in my office, "Hyeong!"

I snapped back to reality as he walked over to my desk.   I stared at my laptop right away and didn't bother to respond him.  He sat down in front of me and said, "HYEONG!"

"Don't you have work to do?  What about the launching show?  Everything ready?"  I threw him a quick glance as I said.

"Launching show?  All set!  Don't worry!  I am a great leader with a great team.  I mean, the most important thing of all is to know how to delegate tasks to the subordinates, right?   And I'm an expert in that department."  He leaned back on the chair and said with a proud smile.

I shook my head with a soft sigh.  He chuckled and said, "So, how is my brother doing?  Everything ok?"

"What do you care?"

He rolled his eyes and said, "Well, have you heard anything about Shinhwa then?"

I raised my eyes and asked, "What about Shinhwa?"

"There are rumors about Kim WooBin will step down from his post and his sister will take over Shinhwa."  SeungRi put away his smile and said with a serious face.

"Sister?"  I almost forgot that WooBin had a sister since probably no one met her before.  I couldn't even recall she was at her father's funeral four years ago.

He nodded his head, "Yes.  The invisible sister.  Never make any appearance all these years."

I looked at him and asked, "But why?  WooBin has done a good job so far, hasn't he?"

He shrugged, "People are bringing up the old rumors again that he is not Mrs. Kim's son.  His birth mother is just a mistress.  Now the invisible sister is old enough to take over the Group, he is no longer useful to his so-called parent."

I looked at him and he shrugged again, "Well, I'm more interested in his sister though.  I mean, why did they hide her all these years?  No one knows how she looks, where she was all these years.  Maybe she is very ugly.  That's why the late Mr. Kim hid her somewhere?"  He laughed at his own words.

I rolled my eyes and said, "Anyway, if you have no other information to share, then go back to your work."

He slightly slammed his hands on my desk and said, "Seems this mysterious sister will attend Jang Hwaejang's birthday party this Saturday.  I bet 1,000,000won that she is ugly.  In?"

I sighed, "Get out!"  He laughed softly and stood up, "By the way, who was the girl you talked to at Kiko's birthday party?  She's a beauty.  Definitely a keeper."

I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye but didn't reply him.  He then said before he stepped out of my office, "Hyeong, call her if you have her number.  Don't let her slip away.  You two look real good together."

"Shut up and get out!"  I threw him a sharp glare.  He raised his hands up and smirked before he left.

I would have called her if I had her number.

*  *  *

JiYong's POV

It has been quite a while CL and I stayed home for dinner.  Our mother has been complaining about it and commanded us to stay home for dinner tonight.  CL whined all day since she already had plan for dinner with friends but had to cancel everything at the last minute.

"Kwon ChaeRin, can you not give me that face at the dinner table?"  My mother drew her brows together and said.  I glanced at CL and couldn't help but laugh at her softly.  She was not exactly eating.  She was playing with the food in her bowl and put both of her elbows on the table which my mother hated most.

CL glanced at our angry mother and took her elbows off the table immediately.

My mother let out a sigh and shook her head, "JiYong, remember Jang Hwaejang's birthday party is on Saturday?  You have to come with me.  ChaeRin, you too."

Before I could reply her, ChaeRin put down her chopsticks and whined, "Mom, do I have to go?  I mean, the old man doesn't know me and I don't know him.  What am I to do there?"

Mother threw her a quick glance and put a piece of pork stew in my bowl.  She said calmly, "It's time for you to settle down.  There will be a lot of eligible bachelors there.  Especially Jang Hwaejang's grandson."

"Mom!  You are not thinking of hooking me up with him, are you?"  CL looked at mother with her eyes wide-opened.  I clenched my lips to prevent myself from laughing out loud.

Mother chuckled, "Why not?  WooBin is polite, tall and handsome."

"MOM!  I'm not going!"

"You have to go.  Your father is in Guangzhou this weekend.  All three of us have to go on behalf of G.D. Enterprises."  Mother looked at me and said, "And you, Kwon JiYong.  Don't you bring along some silly woman to the party."

"Mom, you are my date.  How would I bring anyone with me?"  I smiled and held onto my mother's hand tight.

"Gosh!  You too."  CL shuddered and rolled her eyes.  Mother chuckled and reminded her again, "You, dress properly.  Don't let your s fall out!"

I couldn't hold it this time and burst out laughing.  CL threw me a sharp glare, "Kwon Ji Yong!"  I shrugged with a smile.

Mother said, "Jang Hwaejang's granddaughter will attend as well."

"Granddaughter?  WooBin's sister?"  WooBin and I were not close but we met a few times at the bar and had a few drinks together; but he never talked about his sister nor his family.  I almost forgot he had a sister.   WooBin was a nice guy.  Down to earth.  Polite and sincere.  I wondered what his sister like.

Mother nodded her head, "She went to study aboard at young age and seldom comes back.  She lives a low-key life overseas, so not many people remember her or even know her existence."

CL laughed softly, "Something wrong with this girl?  Elephant ears or pig nose?  Missing arm or stuff?"  She laughed out loud at her own words.

"Kwon ChaeRin, watch our mouth."  I stared at her and said.  I knew she didn't mean what she said most of the time but she really needed to be careful with that mouth.  Some people might not get her jokes and felt offended somehow.

She threw her tongue out mischievously and chuckled.

"You better not say anything like that on Saturday.  Otherwise, I will sew your lips together."  Mother pointed her finger at CL and warned.  CL pouted, "I was just joking, OK?  I'm not that stupid to say something like that in front of that old man and disgrace our family.  Don't worry!"

"But why is she suddenly appear now?  She d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter