Stubborn

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SeungRi's POV

I honestly didn't understand why my brother wanted to see the kid at this critical moment.  Anybody with a logical mind would not do this out of anything.  To confront the mother, maybe.  To see the kid?  No way.  This could only weaken a man's mind.

None of us spoke a single word in the car on the way to see this kid.  I had no idea how we were to do this in such late night while the kid probably be asleep.

DaeSung drove us to an old neighbourhood in Namdaemun and stopped the car in front of an alley.

"Choi Sajang Nim, the house is down the alley.  The woman who stays with the child is at the house next door.  I am only able to keep her there for another 30 minutes.  I have a couple men standing outside the house.  You should be able to find it.  And, the child is sleeping." DaeSung said.

"Thank you, DaeSung!" Hyeong said.

DaeSung bowed his head with a smile.

"Hyeong, do you want me to go with you?" I asked.

Hyeong shook his head and got out of the car.  I watched him disappeared in the dark alley as my heart pounding fast.

"What do you think is in his mind?" DaeSung asked.

I let out a heavy sigh as I leaned back, "I have no idea."

"Did you tell CL?" DaeSung asked.

"Mmm..."

"WHAT?" DaeSung shouted.

I jumped, "Why are you shouting?  We are inside the car."

"Are you out of your mind?  Why did you tell CL?" He looked at me with an angry face.

"I don't keep secrets from my girl." I said.

"Jeez...  It's not like you are meeting YOUR son.  Won't hurt if you don't tell her."

I growled back, "So what?  We are a team.  She should know what we are doing."

"Yes, we are a team.  But have you ever thought that telling CL means telling EunHi as well?" DaeSung yelled.

His words hit me right in the head, "!  What should we do now?"

DaeSung rolled his eyes, "Let's hope WooBin Hyeong won't find out."

"OMG!  I'm going to kill Choi SeungHyun before I get killed by your boss.  It's all because of that stupid ." I ran my fingers in my hair.

"What stupid ?" DaeSung asked.

"If my brother had used one, none of these would have happened.  I would not be worrying about my life right now." I held my head with both hands as I kicked my legs.

"Hahaha..." DaeSung laughed out loud all of a sudden.

"Laugh?  You are laughing while my life is on the line?" I yelled.

He covered his mouth and said, "I'm sorry.  But it really is funny."

"Ha... Ha... Ha...  Funny!  DaeSung, don't forget to use one next time.  Not only it's safe, but it saves your life as well." I patted DaeSung on his shoulder and warned him wholeheartedly.

He blushed all over, "Yahh...  What are you talking about?"

I chuckled, "Man, no need to be shy in front of me.  We are about the same age.  Both healthy men.  I understand."

"Aishhh..." DaeSung pushed my hand away and looked away.  I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

*  *  *

"What is he doing in there?  Just look at the kid, then turn around and leave.  What's taking him 20 minutes?" I looked at my watch.  My brother went in almost 20 minutes already.

"He's coming." DaeSung said.

I looked up and saw my brother walking towards our car.  He had his hands in his pocket, head a little down, tie loosened.  If he wasn't my brother, I would probably think he lost everything he had by that look.

DaeSung and I exchanged a look and dared not to speak another word.

I dared not look at my brother as he got into the car.  DaeSung dared not to start the engine.  We even dared not to breathe.

"DaeSung, take us back to the SeungRi's place please." Hyeong said softly.  I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye and found him leaned his head on the head rest with his eyes closed.

"Let's go, DaeSung." I said.

"Okay!"

*  *  *

DaeSung took us back to my hotel, "Thanks, DaeSung."

He nodded with a smile.

Hyeong walked into the hotel without a word nor did he look back.  I patted DaeSung on the shoulder and said, "Night!  Drive safe!"

Just when I was about to enter the hotel, DaeSung shouted from behind, "Text CL.  But be careful with your wordings."

I gave him a thumb up before I ran after my brother.

*  *  *

CL's POV

Hill finished almost the whole bottle of red wine.  I thought of stopping her but I didn't as I figured alcohol might be the only thing she needed most right now.

She gulped down another glass as if it was just water.  She tried to pour some more to her glass, but the bottle was empty.

"Oh, no more.  We need some more.  I have another bottle.  I have a few more bottles.  I'm going to get it.  You wait here."  She put down her glass and tried to stand up.  She stumbled and supported herself by holding on to the arm of the sofa.

"I'm OK.  I'm not drunk.  I can still walk."  She straightened her back with her hands on the sofa back.  She wagged her head and let her hands go, "See?  I can still stand on my own."

She took a couple steps forward as her body wobbled.  I swept to her side and grabbed her by the arm, but she pushed me away, "I can walk by myself.  Don't worry."

She stumbled a few more steps before she tripped herself and fell on the floor.

"Hill!" I rushed to her side and tried to pull her up, "Get up!"

She finally broke down and cried like it was the end of the world.  I pulled her close to me and wrapped my arms around her, "Yes, cry!  Let it all out!  Don't hold back!  Just cry!"

She cried even louder.  Tears poured down her cheeks and wet my shirt.  Her crying broke my heart.  I couldn't imagine how it felt for her.  Though it was not long since we knew each other and became close friends, I felt deeply for her since she was still the love of my brother's life and we would soon become in-laws.  She stayed strong no matter what happened in her life.  She might have made some silly decisions in the eyes of others, but she has done what she believed to be right and best for everyone.  She might have been selfish at times, but ultimately she just wanted to protect the ones she loved.  I admired her for her kind heart since I would never be able to do the same under any circumstances.

I hugged her tight as she leaned her head on my shoulder and cried loudly.

"Good!  It's good to cry like this.  Way better than hiding all those feelings you have.  Say whatever you want.  Curse Choi SeungHyun if you want to.  How about I start first?  Ummm...   That son-of-a-bxxch!  With all the money he has and he didn't even think of buying a .  Stupid assxxle!   Not to mention, he has the guts to go see his son after he finds out.   That bastxxd should have come to beg you for forgiveness.   Dxxkhead..."

"Kwon Chae Rin!" Hill pulled away and frowned at me.

"What?  He is a dxxk..."

"CL!"

I let out a laugh, "What?  Breaks your heart to hear someone speaking ill of your fiance?  Or you want to say it yourself?  Sure, go ahead."

"Yahh..." She slightly slapped me on my forearm.  She wiped the tears on her face with the sleeve of her bathrobe.

I shook my head with a chuckle, "Finish crying so quickly?  But I haven't finished cursing that stupid..."

Hill covered my mouth with both hands, "Enough.  Stop cursing him!"

I pushed her hands away and said, "Let's be honest!  You are not a little bit angry at him going to see that kid?"

She looked away and tried to stand up, but I pulled her down, "You are not angry that the first thing he decides to do after he finds out is to see the kid, not you?"

"Yahh..." She swung my hands off and tried to stand up again.

She stumbled back to the sofa.  I crouched beside her and asked, "You are not worried that he would bump into Krystal over there?  Be honest to yourself, Hill!  You are upset, angry, jealous, worried and hurt.  Why suppress all those feelings?  No one would say a word even if you called him right now and yelled at him.  You have every right to be angry at him."

Hill lowered her head and stared at her own hands, "How?  How can I be mad at him when I can feel how he feels?"

"How he feels?  Curious about his son?  Having second thoughts?" I asked.  I had no idea but I somehow was angry at SeungHyun Oppa.

"What's wrong with being curious about his own son?  His flesh and blood, CL!  It's not easy to accept the fact that he has a son all these years and he knows nothing about it.  He was not there when his child was born.  He was not there when his child took his first step.  He was not there when his child said his first word.  He was not there for his child in the past 7 years.  How would you feel if it was your child?"  Tears started to fall down her cheeks again.

I looked at this woman in front of my eyes.  Listened to what she has said.  I somehow could feel how much she loved this man to feel what he felt.  Suddenly, I wondered if I would feel the same for SeungRi if I was in the same situation.

"I don't blame him to be wanting to meet his own son.  I cannot blame him.  Maybe I am angry.  But I'm not angry at him.  I am angry at the situation.  Angry that I somehow understand."

"Understand what?  You said you can feel how he feels.  Can't you feel that he wants you more than anything?  If he chooses you over the boy, will you still want to let go?"

She shook her head, "I understand that this is not my fight.  And I don't want to win."

"Hill!  Why is it not your fight?  It's your own happiness.  What do you mean you don't want to win?"  I grabbed her by the arms and asked.

"Don't you understand!  I don't want the boy to be like my brother.  I don't want him to grow up like my brother did." Hill covered her face with both hands and burst out in tears.

I finally got it.  She was worried that history would repeat itself and that the boy would grow up without love and unhappy as her brother did.

"But Hill, you are not your mother.  I'm sure you will love the boy as if he was your own blood.  He will grow up under your love and care.  Why do you have to worry such silly things?"

"You don't understand.  My father told me that my mother was not like that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter