Consequence #2

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hilary's POV

I didn't exactly cry because of Kiko slapped me on the face.  I cried mostly because SeungHyun saw everything.  He still worried and cared about me as always.  How was he to let me go after what he saw tonight?  I was supposed to let him see how happy I was with JiYong.  But Kiko ruined everything.

I walked out to the dance floor and found MinWoo there waiting for me.  He held my head up by the chin and asked, "Did that psycho hit you bad?"

I looked up at him and shooked my head with a smile.  He sighed, "Of all men, you have to choose Kwon JiYong."

I pouted.  MinWoo shook his head and said, "Forget about JiYong, you are going to be my date tonight.  OK?  You can't say no to the birthday boy."  He smiled to me and waited for me to say yes.

I inhaled deeply and nodded my head.  He smiled and took my hand, "Follow me!"

"Huh?"

He dragged me to where all our friends were.  Everyone looked at us as we walked pass by.  Dara and Minzy looked at me with wide-eyes while JiYong glared at me all the way.  Kiko was still by his side though.  I looked away from him as if nothing happened.

"JiYong, I'm letting this go once.  If your girl dares to get her hands on Hill one more time, I'll make you both pay.  Mark my words for it!" MinWoo said as he pulled me close to himself by my waist.  He kissed me on the top of my head and threw JiYong a sharp glare.  I looked up at him with my brows drawn together a little.  He looked at me and smiled, "Everyone, Hill is my date tonight.  So, no one gets their hands on her, OK?"

"Yahh...  What are you doing?"  I hit him on the chest and said softly.  I glanced at SeungHyun who watched with a poker face from not far away.

"Shh...  Let's have a drink!  Come!"  He took my hand and said to JiYong before we walked away, "I mean what I said.  And that goes especially to you, Missy!"

Kiko gritted her teeth and wanted to shout but JiYong pulled her back.

*  *  *

"Oppa, why do you have to do that?" I asked.

MinWoo chuckled, "To get your revenge.  To tell that psycho to back off.  To make Kwon JiYong angry.  If he really cares about you, he should know what to do.  I won't let anyone hurt you, Hill."

"Oppa!"

He brushed my nose, "Tell me.  Why Kwon JiYong?  I thought SeungHyun..."

"There's nothing between us." I cut him off before he could finish.

He laughed softly and asked, "I was to say I thought SeungHyun liked you.  I didn't say you and him have a thing.  But it seems to me you two do have a thing, huh?"

"No." I sat down on the sofa and threw my clutch on the table.  MinWoo sat down next to me and said, "I know you must have heard this more than once, but you'll have to listen to it from me too.  You deserve better than Kwon JiYong, Hill.  Don't waste your time on a man who has baggages tagged along with him.  Kiko is a baggage that JiYong somehow can't get rid of."

I looked up at him and asked, "Why?  What does Kiko have that makes JiYong can't let go?"  JiYong never talked about Kiko but I was kind of curious about this woman since she was after all the only woman JiYong kept.

"JiYong and Kiko have a long story.  They both torture each other, yet both can't get rid of each other.  They are similar creatures.  There are some spots in JiYong that no one but Kiko can reach." He said.

I asked, "You mean I can never win over Kiko?"

"No, Hill.  That's not what I meant.  Kiko is totally out of your league.  Meaning it's a battle not worth fighting for.  Waste of time and energy." He threw his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to himself.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and mumbled,  "Who says I want to fight?"

"Hmm?"

"Nothing.   Oppa, can I borrow your shoulder for a while?" I said softly.

He smiled and said, "Of course.  For as long as you need."  He squeezed me tight with one arm and held onto my hand with the other.

It has been a while that MinWoo Oppa and I spent time alone like this.  I still remembered we used to study together under the tree on campus.  He would leave his girlfriend aside and come to my assistance whenever I needed it.  He was a true friend of mine.  Someone who would stood by my side without too many questions.

*  *  *

JiYong's POV

I didn't expect Kiko to appear tonight.  I thought Hilary and I could finally appear as a couple and I could tell everyone that Hilary was mine.  But Kiko has ruined everything.  I never imagined Kiko would hit Hilary in public like that.  I should have dragged her out of here before Hilary saw her.  I wanted to go after Hilary but she somehow had a couple dark knights tonight.  First SeungHyun Hyeong, then MinWoo Hyeong.

MinWoo was with Hilary the whole night which gave me no chance to talk to her alone.  Not to mention, Kiko clung on me tight and just wouldn't let go.  Everything was a mess tonight.  All the effort I put in in the past two weeks has gone down the drain.

"Hon, I'm tired.  Let's go home!" Kiko wrapped her arms around my neck and said.

Dara, who sat opposite to me, glared at me at once.  I let out a heavy sigh and tried to push Kiko away, "I'll call you a taxi and send you back to your hotel."

"Hon, I didn't book any hotel.  I'm staying with you." Kiko kissed me on the cheek and played with my hair as she leaned close to me.

Dara threw me another death glare before she stood up to leave.  I pushed Kiko away and said, "I'll get you a hotel room.  Don't worry."

"But I want to stay with you, Hon!"

"No, Kiko!  I don't want to.  How many times do I have to tell you this?  We are over!  OVER!"  I scowled at her and made people around us looked up.

"Hon, I'm sorry that I made a scene earlier.  But that bxxch..."

"STOP CALLING HILARY THAT!  Who the hell you think you are to call her that?"  I yelled at her as I stood up.

Kiko stood up and grabbed me by the arm, "Hon, you know I do everything because of you."

I held her by the arms and said, "Kiko, you do everything for yourself.  Not me.  You want to own me but I have told you a million times I can never be yours.  How can I make you understand?"

Kiko slid her arms around my neck and said, "Hon, I of course want to own you since I love you.  And you know you love me too.  We have so much fun together and you told me I made you happy."

"That was long long time ago, Kiko.  Way before you became obsessive and irrational.  Besides, I told you I don't plan to settle for one single woman.  So, stop hanging on me.  Go find yourself another man that will look at you and only you."  I didn't know how I could make her understand and leave Hilary and I alone.

I let out a sigh and looked up.  Hilary and MinWoo were not far away from us.  Hilary and I caught each other's eyes.  She looked at me with an expressionless face.  Not even anger in her eyes which sent me shivers down the spine.  Did she hear what I just said?  What did I just say?

I ran my fingers into my hair and said to Kiko, "Come.  I'll get you a taxi.  You should leave."  I had to send her away so that I could talk to Hilary and set things straight with her.

"No.  I'm not leaving without you, Hon."  She pulled me close to her and kissed me on the lips.  I pushed her away but she pulled me back again.  I pushed her hard this time and said, "Kiko, that's enough!"

She fell on the sofa and looked up at me with tears wobbled in her eyes, "Hon, why are you angry at me?  What did I do?"

I groaned and held my head with both hands.  This was Kiko.  She had the ability to drive me crazy which I just didn't know what to do with her.  I turned around to find Hilary was about to leave with MinWoo.

I called out, "Hilary, wait up!"

Hilary glanced at me and slid her arm around MinWoo's, "Oppa, can you take me back to the hotel?"

"Of course!" MinWoo slightly tapped her on the nose and smiled.  He threw me another glare before they left.

"Hilary, please!"  She didn't respond nor look back.

*  *  *

I chased after Hilary and grabbed her arm from behind before she got into MinWoo's car, "Hill, let's talk."

She looked up at me and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter