Let Me Keep You

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hilary's POV

I dragged SeungHyun out of our private room and went straight outside the restaurant.

"What do you think you are doing?" I hit SeungHyun on the chest and shouted at him.  I glared him in the eyes and asked, "Who are you to tell our parents that we want to get engaged this month?"

I was furious at him for I couldn't believe he actually announced that to our parents without even giving me a tiny hint.  He caught me by total surprise and I didn't know how to react at all.  Now everyone would think I agreed to this as well.  This really made me mad.

SeungHyun took a step towards me and I took a step backward, "Stay where you are and don't come near me!"

He held his step and looked me in the eyes, "Hilary, I like you.  No.  I love you.  I really do.  I know you still love me.  Is that not enough?"

I took a deep breath to hold my tears, "I told you already.  I will not marry you.  Which part of that do you not understand?"

"I told you I would not let you go unless you give me a convincing reason.  Which part of that do you not understand?" He said in a strict tone.

I took another deep breath and gulped down the saliva in my mouth, "I don't love you anymore.  OK?  Is it convincing enough?"  My tears were about to fall but I fought hard to hold them back.  I hated him at this moment for he made it so difficult for me.  I didn't know if I was too angry or too surprised that I somehow trembled.

SeungHyun took a step forward and grabbed me by the arms, "Why are you trembling?"

I tried to push his hands away and said, "I'm not."  He cupped my face with both hands and said with his deep voice, "Look at me!  Please look at me!"

I looked at him as he said.  We looked at each other in the eyes.  We were so close that I could see myself in his eyes.  My heart fluttered and I blushed too.

"Don't push me away!  Let me love you!  Please!"  I inhaled sharply at his words.  His eyes mesmerized me and my knees gone weak on me all of a sudden.  He immediately s his arm around my waist and tugged me close to himself.  He then nipped my chin to hold my head up a little as he lowered his head to kiss me on the lips.  His lips tingled mine and made my body weak.  I closed my eyes and leaned myself on him as I kissed him back.

I missed his kiss.  I missed it so much.  His kiss was so gentle; yet so breathtaking.  I could feel his pounding heartbeats with my hands on his chest.  My head spinned and somehow made me forget where we were.  I slowly moved my hands up to cup his face as I kissed him deeply and he hugged me tightly with both arms.

I could hear people gossiping around us and could even feel the flashlights flashed at us.  But we were drowned in our passionate kiss and somehow didn't care a bit of it.

I didn't know how long we kissed and I wanted more.  But we still broke our kiss since we were both short of breath.  I blushed all over and dared not look at him.  He planted a long and gentle kiss on my forehead and whispered, "I don't know what's bothering you and why you keep denying it.  But you and I both know one truth."

I looked up at him.  He smiled to me gently and said, "That is, we both love each other, no matter how much you want to deny it."

I gazed him in the eyes and a tear fell down my cheek involuntarily.  SeungHyun brushed it off with his thumb and said, "Give me a chance to make you happy!  You will only shed happy tears when you are with me.  Please!  Let me keep you!"

I wanted so much to say yes, but I somehow couldn't say it out loud.  He lowered his head and kissed me on the lips again.  Before I could react to his kiss, someone pushed SeungHyun away from me and broke our kiss.  I looked up instantly and in that split second, JiYong threw his fist at SeungHyun and made him fall back a couple steps.

"JiYong!" I called out from behind, but JiYong didn't even look back.  Instead, he charged forward to SeungHyun and grabbed him by his collar, "Choi SeungHyun, how dare you get your hands on my woman?"  He threw his fist at SeungHyun again but SeungHyun ducked his head just in time to avoid the punch.  He swifted to the side and JiYong lost his balance and fell.

SeungHyun brushed off the blood at the corner of his mouth and stepped back.  JiYong got back on his feet and glared at SeungHyun.  He stepped forward again and threw his fist at SeungHyun again.  SeungHyun blocked him with his arm and pushed JiYong away.

"That's enough, you two!" I stepped up in between and tried to separate them.  But JiYong accidentally pushed me away as he tried to hit SeungHyun again which made me fall back a couple steps.

"Hilary, are you alright?" SeungHyun grabbed me by the arm and pulled me close to him.  I gave him a glance and turned to look at JiYong.

SeungHyun pulled me behind him and just when he was about to throw his fist at JiYong, I wrapped my arms around him and said, "SeungHyun, no!"  He turned around to glance at me.  JiYong immediately threw his fist at SeungHyun and knocked him down.

"KWON JI YONG!"  I yelled at JiYong as I crouched beside SeungHyun, "Are you alright?" I brushed his cheek and said, "Here, let me help you get up!"  I grabbed his arm and pulled him up.

"KIM EUN HI!" JiYong stared at me and shouted, "Take your hands off him!"

I helped SeungHyun to get up on his feet and said, "Are you OK?"  SeungHyun nodded his head with a smile.  I brushed off the blood at the corner of his mouth with my finger.

"Kim EunHi, I said get your hands off him.  Do you not hear me?" JiYong scowled at me and grabbed me by the hand to pull me back to him.  SeungHyun grabbed my other hand and pulled me to himself.  I became the rope of tug-of-war all of a sudden.

"Get your hands off my woman, Choi SeungHyun." JiYong shouted.

SeungHyun hung onto me tight and just wouldn't let go.  I glanced at both of them and let out a heavy sigh.  I used all my strength to try to swing them off, "Get your hands off me.  BOTH OF YOU!"

Both of them were shocked and loosened their grasp together.  I pulled my arms away and rubbed my wrist.

"Hill, let's go home." JiYong said.

"Hilary!" SeungHyun said.

I let out another heavy sigh and said, "Go home, you two.  I want to be alone."

I turned around to leave and they both stepped forward to follow me.  I held my step and said, "Stay where you are.  Don't follow me!"

I waved my hand at the coming taxi.  I got it and left without looking back.

*  *  *

I didn't know how I got myself into such situation.  Two men fought against each over me on the street.  Both well known in the circle.  I couldn't imagine what the headlines would be if the paparazzi somehow snapped a few pictures just now.  I jerked my head and didn't want to think about it.  I didn't want to go back to the hotel for I believed either one of them, or even both of them would come to knock on my door.  I couldn't go to Dara's for I didn't know what to tell her.  I realized I had nowhere to go.

I told the taxi driver to go around until I figured out where I wanted to go, but I somehow couldn't make up my mind.

"Miss, we've been going around for an hour.  I need to go home.  Have you decided where to go yet?" The driver asked.

I let out a sigh, "The Grand Shinhwa Hotel, please!"

I decided to go back to the hotel.  Even if they went to the hotel to find me, they would be gone by the time I arrived.

The driver dropped me off at the entrance.  I looked around and felt relieved since I couldn't see a white Lamborghini nor a black luxury saloon parked outside the hotel.

I went upstairs and just wanted to take a hot bath, then have a good night sleep.  I would worry about everything tomorrow.

I stepped out of the lift and turned to the corridor that led to my suite.  I looked up to find JiYong sat in front of my door.  I held my step and didn't know what I should do.

*  *  *

JiYong's POV

I waited outside Hilary's suite for an hour.  The bell boy told

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter