Warning

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hilary's POV

I returned to Dara's room after Oppa left and found JiYong fell asleep on the sofa.  I carefully put his coat on him and turned around to check on Dara.  JiYong suddenly took my hand which caught me by surprise and made me lost my balance.  He reached out to catch me and I somehow fell on his lap.  Our faces were inches apart and I could even feel his breath.  We looked at each other in the eyes and were frozen there for a few seconds until I felt the heat on my cheeks.  I immediately jumped off his lap and looked away.  He stood up and took a step closer to me but I swept away to Dara's bedside.

I didn't know why but my heart beat super fast.  I took a deep breath to calm my throbbing heart.

"Your phone rang a couple times and texts came in as well." JiYong handed me my phone.  I took my phone and said, "Thank you."  I dared not look at him somehow.  I checked my phone and the missed calls were from the same unknown number; but I finally found out who that was when I looked at the texts.

Unknown: [Hilary, this is Choi SeungHyun.  Can we talk?]

Unknown: [Call or text me.  Anytime.]

I stared at the texts and didn't know if I should reply him.  What else could we talk about?  I didn't know how things would go if we were not caught in this situation.  Maybe we could be friends.  Maybe we could be more than friends.  WooBin Oppa was right that SeungHyun seemed to be a nice guy.  It might not be too bad at all to marry him.  Yet, this arranged marriage would never be just a simple arranged marriage.  SeungHyun and I getting married implied the joining force of our businesses.  To strengthen my standing in the Group.  To assist T.O.P Coporation to expand.  To collaborate in areas of our strength to enhance both of our competitiveness.  It sounded like a powerful cooperation which would benefit everyone, except my poor brother.  Another reason why the situation gave me no choice at all.

JiYong patted on my shoulder and said, "What are you thinking?"

"Hmm?"

"What kind of messages made you drew your brows together like this?"  JiYong tapped his finger on my forehead and smiled.  I looked up at him and couldn't help but gasp a little since our faces were once again inches apart.  I consciously took a step backward and bumped into the bed frame.  He grabbed me by the waist to pull me back to himself which somehow resulting us bumped our foreheads together.

"Ouch!"  I quickly rubbed my forehead and cried in pain.  He laughed and rubbed my forehead with one hand and the other still on my waist.

"Yah...  It hurts!"  I pouted.

"Sorry!  No bump though.  Don't worry!"  He laughed at his own words as he rubbed my forehead.

"Guys, have a little respect for the patient, will you?"

I jumped a little at Dara's voice and quickly pushed JiYong away.  I stepped to her side and took her hand, "Onni, how are you feeling?"

She put up a weak smile and said in a weak voice, "Still alive!"

"Onni, you scared me to death, you know that?" I already had tears in my eyes but fought hard to keep them from falling.

She squeezed my hand and said softly, "I'm sorry.  I must have lost my mind a second there.  I would never do that again."  A tear ran down from the corner of her eye.

"Promise?"

She nodded with a smile, "Promise!"

I leaned forward and hugged her, "Remember we are all here for you.  Don't ever do such silly things again.  Think about the people who love you so much."

"Mmm..."

I straightened my back and asked, "As I friend, I want to share with you your happiness and sadness.  I am always here to listen, if you want to talk about it.  OK?"

She nodded and more tears ran down.   I brushed off her tears and asked with a s mile, "Are you hungry?  Do you want some water?"

She shook her head with a smile, "I'm alright."  She gazed at me with concern.

"What is it?"  I asked.

She slightly drew her brows together and said to JiYong, "JiYong, keep your paws away from Hill, will you?"

I looked at her instantly, "Onni!"

JiYong let out a soft laugh and said, "I don't know what you are talking about."

"Kwon JiYong, don't play dumb on me.  I can smell it when your hunting mode is on."

"Onni!  You sounded like I am a prey or something."  I blushed all over and felt so embarrassed.

Dara gazed at me and said, "Sis, you are an innocent little rabbit in front of Kwon JiYong.  You don't stand a chance when it comes to him."

"Sandra Park!  I see you are fully recovered.  You can be discharged from the hospital now."  JiYong laughed.  I wasn't sure if he really didn't care what Dara has said or he was just pretending to be OK with it.

"I'm serious, JiYong.  Hill is my sister.  I'll kill you if you touch her."  Dara said with a serious look.

"Onni!" I glanced at JiYong.  He looked at me and shrugged with a smile.

She squeezed my hand and said, "Hill, JiYong is my friend.  I know him way better than you do.  You have to listen to me.  Just stay away from him."

JiYong let out a heavy sigh and said, "Miss Park, you call me your friend but you are speaking ill of me in front of me."

"I'm sorry but I'm just telling the truth.  Everyone knows what you are capable of.  Until you learn to love one woman with your whole heart, I will do whatever I can to keep you away from Hill."  Dara said.

JiYong let out a laugh and shook his head.

The more Oppa and Dara warned me about JiYong, the more I was curious about this person and the more I found it exciting to challenge this predator.

*  *  *

SeungRi's POV

"Oppa, order a cheesecake for me please!  I need to go to the restroom."  Liz said and pecked me on the cheek.

"Mmm..."  I said.  It was almost dinner time and she wanted to eat cheesecake.  I of course wouldn't bother to order it for her.

The sound of high heels on marble floor came from not too far away.  I thought to myself that must be a y woman with long legs in a tight mini dress.  To my disappointment, I looked up to find the woman I never once found attractive in my life.

"Kwon ChaeRin, can you not walk with heavy steps?  So disturbing!" I drew my brows together and stuck a finger to my ear as I said.

CL stepped up to me and bent her back forward to me which made our faces just inches apart, " off!"

She straightened her back and smirked at me.  I chuckled and said, "I know you like my .  Just admit it!"

She rolled her eyes and sat down opposite to me, "Where's your girl?"

I took a sip of my tea, "Powdering her nose?  Fixing her hair, maybe?"

She laughed, "Fixing her bra, maybe?"  She tilted her head a little and I turned around to look.  Liz was actually fixing her ies.

I turned to look at CL and we both burst out laughing.

"Oppa, what's so funny?" Liz asked as she sat down beside me.

CL and I exchanged another look and laughed out loud.

"Oppa!" Liz said.

"Girl, next time if you use a bra, make sure you fix it in the restroom, not in the public." CL said with a smirk.

I glanced at her and clenched my lips to keep myself from laughing.  Liz blushed all over since she was so embarrassed.

"Yah...."  She hit me on the arm and grabbed her clutch to leave.

"You are not stopping her?"  CL asked.

I shook my head, "Nope.  How can I go out with a girl who doesn't know how to wear a bra?"

We burst out laughing again.

"You're waiting for someone?" I asked.

She shook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter