Something.....

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hilary's POV

SeungHyun has not called since the day before yesterday.  He must have been real busy with meetings.  Although he told me to text him anytime I wanted, I dared not bother him since I believed he would text or call me if he had time.

The proposed wedding guest list was completed.  I looked through it before I passed it on to Mother for her final approval.  DaeSung was praying ever since the guest list was forwarded to Mother.

"Why are you so worried?" I asked with a smirk.

DaeSung was sitting at the coffee table reviewing the wedding itinerary and banquet menus.  He said without looking up at me, "Well, you should be worried."

I chuckled, "Why should I?"

"Why?  Because it's your wedding." He finally looked up and said with a doh-i-cannot-believe-you-asked look.

"You are right.  It's my wedding.  So, why are you so worried ever since we forwarded the guest list to my mother?"

He let out a heavy sigh and said, "Are we not on the same channel or something?  Do you not know by now that Mrs. Kim would flip the guest list upside down every single time?  We really don't have much time to juggle with the list, you know?"

I said with a calm smile, "How bad can it be?  The list basically included everyone.  I mean, EVERYONE.  It totally fits Mother's requirement, if you asked me."

DaeSung shook his head and disagreed, "Don't be so sure about it.  The most obvious would surprise you when you are least expected."

"Ha..." I let out a laugh before I picked up my phone to read the incoming message.

SH: [Hey my love, how are you?]

I smiled at the text.  I typed: [I'm ok.  How is my fiance doing?  How are the meetings?]

My phone rang within the next 2 seconds.

"Hey you!" I said.

Before I waved my hand at DaeSung to ask him to leave us, he was already half-way out of my room.

"Hey, how's everything going?  I heard the guest list is compiled." SeungHyun said.

"Yes.  Already forwarded to Mother for her approval.  DaeSung is very worried about it though."

SeungHyun laughed, "Worry about her messing up the list?"

"Haha...  Yes.  You know them both well.  So, when are you coming back?  Wednesday as scheduled?" I asked.

SeungHyun went silent for a couple second before he answered, "I think it may take a little longer than I expected.  I'll try to get back by Saturday."

I wouldn't deny that I was a little disappointed, no matter how well I knew this was all because of business.

"Hilary?" He said.

I inhaled slowly before I said, "I'm here."

"I'm sorry, Hilary.  I'll make it up to you."

"Mmm...  A huge bite on shoulder?"

"Ouch!"

We both laughed.

"I love you, Hilary!" SeungHyun said.

"I love you too!"

*  *  *

SeungHyun's POV

I couldn't help but feeling a little guilty when I heard Hilary's voice on the phone.  She sounded so happy to receive my call, yet so disappointed to know I couldn't make it back to Seoul on Wednesday.  I left all the wedding planning to her and flown to New York couple weeks ago.  Hilary never complained once which made me feel even more ashamed.

Just when I was about to leave my hotel room, my phone rang.

"What is it?" I asked.  It was SeungRi who called.

"Brother, what is there keeping you from coming back as scheduled?  Do you know I am missing you?" SeungRi said and chuckled.

I let out a sigh and asked, "Spit!  What do you want?"

He laughed and asked, "Do I sound like I want something from you?"

"Yea.  Usually." I answered confidently.

"HYEONG!" SeungRi screamed in the other end of the phone.

I pulled my phone away from my ear and shouted back home, "I'm hanging up!"

"NO, NO, NO!"

I put phone back to my ear and asked, "What do you want?"

"I don't want anything from you.  I just want you to know that your fiance doesn't look too happy and enthusiastic with all the wedding planning and stuff."

"What do you mean?" I asked immediately.  Hilary sounded alright on the phone.

"You do know it's your wedding too, right?"

"What are you saying?" I started to become a little impatient of him not getting to point.

"I'm saying that you should not leave everything to Hilary.  CL told me she looked a little stressed the last time she saw her.  And I heard that Mrs. Kim is not too happy about the guest list and the banquet menu.  DaeSung is having a panic attack since he is stuck in the current battle between the mother and daughter.  WooBin Hyeong tried to ease things between them, but you know Mrs. Kim just doesn't give a damn of what he says.  And Jang Hwaejang is not feeling too well lately; therefore, he is not able to intervene.  Well, basically, it's a mess.  As much as Mother wanted to help, she just doesn't know where and how she could step in.  So, all we can do is to watch.  I mean, none of us know how to ease the tension between the mother and daughter.  I mean, Mrs. Kim is epic.  She can basically disagree on almost anything Hilary suggests, without an apprehensible reason to our generation.  If you know what I mean..."  SeungRi reported.

I listened quietly and pictures of what has happened floated in my mind.

"Hyeong, you listening?" SeungRi asked.

"Yes, of course."

"So, when are you coming back?  Oh, and don't ever tell Hilary I told you these.  She would probably kill me.  CL, DaeSung and Minzy.  There are lots of lives in your hands.  OK?" SeungRi said it in a half-serious-half-joking tone.

But I didn't have the mood to joke, "Just tell me if she is alright!"

"She is, of course.  We are all here for her.  Don't you worry.  But then, the only person she needs most is not any of us."

I let out a heavy sigh and said, "I get it.  Thanks, Brother."

"Anytime.  I'll keep an eye on Hilary for you.  Just come back as soon as you can.  And don't go sleep around with the blondies in New York."  He laughed at his own words.

"Hanging up!" I cut him off.

*  *  *

WooBin's POV

"How did it go?" I said while looking at my laptop.

DaeSung let out a soft sigh and said, "I really don't think EunHi can hold it any longer.  I can foresee that she is about to explode."

I raised my eyes at him and he gave me an affirmative nod.  He looked damn serious as if he was absolutely sure about it.

I sighed heavily, "I tried to intervene.  But you know our mother, she doesn't care what I say.  In fact, only grandfather may be able to talk some sense to her."

DaeSung sighed again, "Yes, I understand.  But maybe you can at least talk to EunHi.  Choi Sajang is in New York.  EunHi is already stressed out with taking care of all the wedding stuff herself..."

"Book me a table for dinner with EunHi tonight.  I'll see what I can do."

"Yes, Sajang Nim.  Will 7p.m. be good for you?" DaeSung looked at his diary and asked.

I nodded casually as reply.

"I'll let Kim Isa know."

"Thanks, DaeSung.  Keep a close eye on EunHi for me.  Don't let her run again.  If anything like that happen again, I'll fire you.  Cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter