Let Go

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SeungHyun's POV

I didn't eat anything the whole day and was really hungry when I woke up.  I decided to go out to grab something to eat after I showered.  I went to one of my favourite restaurant, Les Ombres which located at the top floor of the Musée du Quai Branly.  It had a glass roof and floor-to-ceiling windows all around the restaurant which allowed diners to enjoy a full view of the Eiffel Tower.

It was Friday.  The restaurant was quite full but I still managed to get a table at their first serve.  My luck was not too bad after all because the second serve would be at 9:30p.m., a two and a half hour wait.  I ordered foie gras for appetizer, Salmon for main and lemon cake with raspberry and lime sherbet for dessert.  All my favourites at Les Ombres.

"More wine?" The waitress asked with a smile.

I nodded, "Yes, please!"  She filled my glass and bowed her head to me with a smile before she left.  Just when I picked up the glass and raised it to my mouth, I saw something that made me wish I didn't come to the restaurant at all.

I just couldn't believe my eyes.  Sitting on the other side of the restaurant near the window were Hilary and JiYong.  They were here at the restaurant as well.

JiYong raised his glass and proposed a toast.  Hilary raised her glass too with a smile.  They chatted throughout the meal while Hilary smiled, and even laughed from time to time.  She was like a totally different person from whom I saw yesterday.  She looked happy with JiYong.  Her sweet smiles were back somehow.  JiYong brought them back somehow.

JiYong reached out his arm and wiped away the cream on the corner of Hilary's mouth with his thumb.  She smiled shyly at him as she picked up her wine glass.  They were totally like lovers who enjoyed their night out.....

*  *  *

JiYong's POV

"Look at you!  What are you?  A 5 year-old?" I wiped away the cream on the corner of Hilary's mouth.  She smiled shyly at me as she picked up her wine glass.

"Well, look at yourself.  You are no better than me.  You have some greasy stain on your upper lip too." She took a sip of her wine and said.

I smirked, "Oh, and you are not going to wipe that away for me?"

"Are you a 5 year-old?"

I pouted, "I'm 4."  She laughed softly at me.  Her smile was back and I was really happy for her.  I felt so good to see the happy Hilary was back, at least for the moment.  She has been too harsh on herself and it really hurt me to know about that too.

"Let's take a selfie! We can have the Eiffel Tower as background."  I picked up my iphone and went to her side, "Move over a bit!"

Hilary moved over a little to give room for me to sit down on her chair.  I wrapped my other arm around her waist and held up the phone, "Smile!"

She slightly leaned her head a little closer to me and smiled.  The picture was good.  She looked good in it.

"Sir, let me take a picture for you two!" A waiter stepped up to us and offered to take a picture for us.  I gave him my phone and said, "Thank you."

I nudged my head to hers and pulled her closer to me.  The waiter, "Ready.  One, two, three.  Great!  Beautiful!"

He handed me back the phone and I said, "Thank you."

I went back to my seat and said, "I'm going to print this out and put it on my desk at the office.  Nice pic!"

She smiled, "Send them to me."

"Of course!  Sending.  Where are we going after dinner?"

She shrugged, "I don't know.  Where do you want to go?  We can just take a walk along the river bank?"

"Hmm...   Good idea.  Romantic!"  I smirked.

"Not funny!" She rolled her eyes.

I laughed softly, "Well, a man can have fantasies with the woman he loves, OK?  Who knows if fantasies may turn to real some day."

She smiled......

*  *  *

SeungHyun's POV

Hilary smiled freely and looked so comfortable with JiYong.  She even let him wrapped his arm around her waist.  I suddenly wondered if they had contact in the past two months.  Maybe she really fell in love with him.  Maybe that was her reason for running away.

I couldn't watch it anymore.  I waved my hand at the waiter.

"Yes, Sir!  May I help you?"

"Bill, please!"

"Yes, Sir!"

I left before the dessert arrived since I didn't have the appetite for any of it anymore.  I turned around to glance at them for one last time before I walked out of the restaurant.  JiYong reached out his hand and gently brushed Hilary's cheek while he gazed at her affectionately.  As for Hilary, she smiled shyly at him again.  For a second there, I thought I saw love in her eyes.

*  *  *

Hilary's POV

Les Ombres was one of the best places to have dinner while you could have a good view of the Eiffel Tower in the night.  The beautiful view and the delicious food were the best combination.  JiYong and I went for a walk along the river bank after our dinner.  JiYong insisted to take me back to my loft but I refused since his hotel was quite close and I didn't want him to go back and forth at this late hour.  So, I took the taxi back alone at the end.

I was back at my loft again.  Alone.  I looked around and suddenly felt so lonely.

I climbed up the stairs to my work area on level two.  I sat down in front of the painting I have been working on since I moved into the loft.  I pulled the cloth down and dropped it on the floor.

I stared at the unfinished painting in front of me and a tear fell down.

*  *  *

SeungHyun's POV

After some deep thoughts, I finally decided to go back to Seoul.  I wanted to go to see Hilary for one last time; but I withdrawn the idea at the end.  After all, it seemed no use to meet again.  I should be happy for her as long as she was happy, even if she decided to be with JiYong instead.

I arrived at the airport a little early since I didn't really want to stay at the hotel anymore nor I wanted to walk around.  I headed directly to the VIP Lounge after I have checked in.

I sat at the bar table and drank my whiskey.

"Hey, you are Choi SeungHyun, right?"

I turned around to find a woman in a black blouse with skirt and a coat on her arm stood in front of me.  I couldn't remember I have met her before, "Yes.  Have we met?"

"It's me, Jenny Park!" She smiled as she flipped her hair.

I looked at her and just couldn't recall anything.  She sat down beside me and said, "We met once at JiYong's party a few years ago, remember?"

I really had no recollection of that.  I slightly shook my head, "I'm sorry.  I really don't remember."

She shrugged with a smile, "Well, nice to see you here.  You are going back to Seoul?"

I nodded.

"Me too.  We should have dinner some time." She smiled.

I somehow didn't know how to react.  Just when I was thinking of a way to leave, my phone rang and saved me.  I took out the phone from my jacket pocket, "I'm sorry."  I then grabbed my passport and left.

"I'll call you!" She shouted from behind.

I couldn't help but think to myself, "Strange woman!"

*  *  *

Hilary's POV

JiYong and I went to the Lourve today.  But he didn't seem too enthusiastic at all.

"Anything wrong?" I asked.

"Hmm?"

"You don't look too enthusiastic at all.  You are bored, right?"

JiYong shook his head, "Nope!  I'm happy as long as you are with me.  I don't care where we go."

I let out a sigh and just when I was about to say something, my phone buzzed.  It was an incoming text.

"Someone texted you?" JiYong asked.

I nodded as I opened the app and I was totally shocked to find out who texted me.

SH: [My dear Hilary, I am at the airport now.  I guess this will be the last time I text you.  I wanted to go see you before I leave, but...]

A tear dropped from my eye unconsciously.

"Hill, what is it?" JiYong grabbed me by the arm and asked with concern.

My tears started to fall uncontrollably.  I stepped up to the curb and waved my hand to the incoming taxi.  JiYong g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter