A Brother's worry

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hilary's POV

"What am I to do now?"  I asked myself.

The first thing came into my mind was to leave Seoul.  Run.

Yes.  I should leave this place.  I didn't belong to here anyway.  I immediately packed my stuff and was ready to leave.  Just when I dragged my luggage to leave my suite, my phone rang.  I dug into my bag to find my phone.

It was......

*  *  *

WooBin's POV

EunHi didn't come back for lunch.  So as SeungHyun.  Grandfather, mother, Choi Hwaejang and Mrs. Choi were all very happy about it since they thought SeungHyun and EunHi left together; but I didn't think so at all.  I had no idea why EunHi came to the birthday party with SeungHyun.  I didn't know if EunHi and SeungHyun really liked each other.  I agreed that they did look good together.  But I was sure that even so, EunHi would not follow mother's arrangement so easily.  My sister would probably avoid SeungHyun from now on.  Our parents' agressive action might somehow ruin their budding relationship.  To me, I didn't really care if EunHi and SeungHyun would get married and our families and businesses would join together or if I would step down from CEO.  All I cared was EunHi.  I was worried that she would run away again.  And if she really decided to run this time, she probably would not come back again.

*  *  *

SeungHyun's POV

I sat in the hotel cafe alone and stared at my phone.  I could not decide whether I should call Hilary or not. Maybe I should call her some other time.  I should at least think of a plan before calling her since she seemed quite against the marriage idea.  I didn't want to scare her away even more.  So, I finally decided to leave.  

Just when I walked towards the hotel entrance, Hilary rushed out from the hotel lobby.  I quickly chased after her to see her hopped on a white Lamborghini.  It was JiYong's car.  My heart dropped instantly.  I couldn't move or do anything but just watched them drove away.

*  *  *

JiYong's POV

"What exactly happened?" Hilary asked with tears already wobbled in her eyes.

I patted her on her hand and said, "I don't know the details.  CL just told me Dara is in the hospital and asked me to take you there."

"Minzy?  Anyone informed her yet?"  Tears fell down her cheeks.

I gently brushed off her tears and said, "CL called her already.  She will fly back as soon as she can."

She held onto my hand and asked, "Dara is going to be alright, right?"

"Mmm...  She's going to be fine.  Don't worry."  I squeezed her hand and reassured her.  I always found women beautiful when they cried.  But this was the first time that a crying woman made my heart ache.  If I was not driving, I would hug her close and comfort her, kiss her tears away.

We arrived at the Seoul Central Hospital.  Dara was being transferred to VIP room already.  I held onto Hilary's hand tight as we went up to Dara's room.  I could feel that she was shaking.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

She looked up to me and slightly nodded her head.  Her eye rims were all red again.  I pushed open the door and walked into the room with Hilary.

Dara was asleep and CL sat beside her bed.  Hilary let go of my hand and walked up to the other side of the bed.

"How is she?"  Hilary asked CL.

CL looked up and said, "You arrived."  Hilary leaned forward to Dara and gently brushed her cheek and her hair.

"She is alright now.  But the doctor wants her to stay here for a couple days to rest.  Don't worry!"  CL said.

I stepped up to Hilary's side and asked, "What exactly happened?"

CL let out a heavy sigh and said, "OD."

"WHAT?" Hilary looked up immediately and asked.

"She took at least 10 sleeping pills with wine.  Lucky that I went to her apartment just in time.  Otherwise, she would probably be dead by now."

Hilary gasped and suddenly went weak at the knees.  I grabbed her by the arms and pulled her to the sofa.  I sat down with her and wrapped my arm around her shoulder.  She asked as tears fell down her cheeks, "But why?  What happened?"

"You didn't know?"

"About what?" Hilary grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight.  And her body was trembling.

CL glanced at me and said, "She broke up with her boyfriend two months ago.  But she never did get over it.  They bumped into each other last week and that son of a bxxch somehow gave her false hope and made her think that they could get back together.  And they..."

"They what?" I asked.

CL hesitated, "Dara was a little drunk that night and they had ."

Hilary let out a heavy sigh.  I patted her on her shoulder and squeezed her tight.

"Anyway, they met and did it again almost everyday since then.  Dara was drowned in happiness and thought they were finally back together.  Last night, we went to the club together.  She walked pass a table and saw that son of a bxxch making out with a bimbo.  She went frantic and fought with that bimbo on the spot.  I was chatting with some friends and didn't notice what happened until we heard the yelling and shouting.  Just when I got there and wanted to interfere, the guy slapped her on the face right in front of everybody."

"Oh my god!  He hit her?"  Hilary said.

CL nodded her head and continued with a smirk, "Don't worry.  I threw an ashtray at him and broke his head."

"Kwon Chae Rin."  I looked at her with opened eyes and shouted.

"Can you keep your voice down?  Don't you realize that Dara is sleeping?"  CL put a finger on her lips and said.

I glanced at Dara and she was still soundly asleep.  I glared at CL and asked, "Did you hurt him badly?  Have you settled everything?"

"Don't worry.  Harry dealt with him already.  Let me finished first, will you?"

I nodded.

CL looked at Dara and continued, "I brought her home and stayed with her all night.  I went home a couple hours this morning and when I got back, she was lying on her bed with a bottle of wine and pills everywhere.  So, I took her here."

Hilary sniffled and mumbled, "She never told me about this.  I didn't know at all.  Who is this guy?  What does he do?"

CL sighed, "To me, he is no better than a pimp.  He used to live in UK.  Came back a year ago.  Dara dated him for around six months.  I knew from the start that he is a son of a bxxch, but she just wouldn't listen to me."

Hilary looked at Dara and sighed, "No matter what, why take her own life because of a jerk like that?  Silly girl."  Tears poured down her cheeks.

"Stop crying.  She will be fine.  We are all here for her.  We will help her get over this.  Don't worry." I gently her hair and said softly.

She looked at me and said, "I don't have many friends in Seoul.  I knew Minzy since I was a kid.  Dara is like a big sister to me.  It really hurt to see her like this.  It's just so not worth it."  Tears kept falling down her cheeks and broke my heart.  I pulled her close and hugged her.  She leaned her head on my shoulder and cried.  I gently patted her back and said, "Shh...  It's OK.  Everything will be OK."

CL glanced at me and said, "I have to go now.  Hilary, will you be staying with Dara tonight?"

Hilary pulled away from me and nodded her head, "Mmm...  I will stay here with her tonight.  Don't worry.  CL, thanks a lot."

"No need to thank me.  She's my friend too.  You take care of yourself too, okay?  I'll come back again tomorrow."  CL put on her coat and grabbed her clutch.

Hilary turned to look at me and said, "You should go with CL.  I can stay alone.  Thanks for bringing me here."

"I'll stay with you."  I said without hesitation.

She shook her head, "It's OK.  You don't have to stay with me."

"Hilary, let him stay with you.  Brother, go get Hilary something to eat.  I'm out of here.  Call me anytime.  I'll see you tomorrow."

Hilary nodded, "Bye!"   CL looked at me and nodded her head before she left.  Hilary stepped up to Dara's bedside and gently brushed her cheek.

I said, "Did you have lunch yet?"  Hilary slig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter