A Mess

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JiYong's POV

I couldn't reach Hilary ever since this morning.  I called her office and DaeSung said she went out.  I kept calling her mobile but she eventually turned it off.  I was really worried about her after reading the those articles on the internet.  I didn't really care how they made up stories about me but I was worried that Hilary would be affected by them.  I shouldn't have hit Choi SeungHyun on the street.  My rage has overrode my conscience.  No matter how hard I tried to go back to the old Kwon JiYong, I just still couldn't help but slip again and again.  I was now more angry at myself.  First, I slept with Kiko.  Then, I punched Choi SeungHyun on the street and got caught by paparazi.  I started to panic if Hilary would ever forgive me.

I went to the hotel to find her and realized there were already a bunch of reporters outside the hotel.  I had no choice but to leave since I didn't want to make another headline.  Just when I pulled away, I saw Hilary's car from the rare-view mirror.  I stopped my car and watched her got off hers.  The reporters immediately rushed up to her and fired questions and flashed their cameras at her.  Just when I was about to get off my car to go rescue my woman, I saw SeungHyun Hyeong ran to Hilary as his driver and the security guards blocked the reporters away.  I was too far away that I had no choice but to stay where I was and watch SeungHyun Hyeong wrapped his arm around Hilary and walked into the hotel together.

*  *  *

SeungHyun's POV

I knew there would be reporters outside the hotel.  So, I waited there for Hilary to come back.

"Are you alright?  Did you get hurt?" I walked Hilary into the hotel and asked softly.

She slightly pushed me away and said, "I can handle that on my own.  If we are to break the engagement, we shouldn't be seen together."

DaeSung ran to us and asked, "Kim Isa Nim, are you alright?"  Hilary slid her arm around DaeSung's and walked away from me without giving me a chance to say anything else.  DaeSung glanced at me before they walked away.  I nodded at him with a smile, then turned around to leave.

All I could do now was to give Hilary space and let her think things through.  Although I was a bit hazy on whether she would come around, I still hoped that she would stay strong and give both of us a chance.

*  *  *

Hilary's POV

I left the hotel through the back door with DaeSung Oppa's help since there were still a bunch of reporters at the main entrance.  The hotel driver took me back to the Mansion since I wanted to see my mother.

"Where's mother?" I asked the maid.

"Mrs. Kim is at the study."  The maid bowed her head as she said.

"Kim Eun Hi, didn't I tell you to call me back?" WooBin Oppa came down the stairs and frowned as he said.

I slightly lowered my head to avoid eye contact with him.  He pulled me aside and asked, "What is it between you three?  You really are dating JiYong?  What about SeungHyun?  You guys looked so close at Minzy's party."

I took a deep breath and said, "Oppa, I need to see Mother first.  I'll talk to you later, OK?"

"What's on your mind?  Are you thinking of breaking the engagement?" Oppa stared me in the eyes and said with his brows drawn tightly together.

I slightly nodded my head.  He let out a heavy sigh and asked, "Because of Kwon JiYong?  How many times do we have to tell you not to get involved with him?  Do you not remember what I said?  Do you want me to do dirty?  You should know what I'm capable of."

I smiled as I squeezed his hand, "I know.  You are capable of tearing G.D. Enterprises apart with a flip of your hand.  But I know my brother.  He won't do something like that."

He chuckled, "Are you sure?"

I nodded, "I'm sure.  100%."  He pinched me on the nose and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "Let's go.  I'll go in with you."

*  *  *

WooBin Oppa and I went to the study together.  Mother turned around and threw me a sharp glare as we entered.

"Mother!" I slightly bowed my head.

"What do you want?" She put down her book on the desk and asked.

I stepped up to her desk and said, "I came to tell you that I will not marry Choi SeungHyun."

"EunHi!" Oppa said behind me.

"Oppa!" I turned to look him in the eyes and begged him to let me finish.  He let out a sigh and sat down on the sofa.

My mother looked up at me and asked in a poker face, "Why?"

"Huh?"

She took out an envelope from the drawer and threw it on the desk.  I glanced at her and picked it up.  I sat down in front of her desk as I opened the envelope.  I reached into the envelope and pulled out a stack of photos.  I gave my mother another glance and found her stared at me with a smirk.

I inhaled sharply as I saw the photos.  I knew it.  I knew there would be more photos.  If they caught SeungHyun and JiYong fighting, they must have caught SeungHyun and I kissing too.  I stuffed the photos back into the envelope and put it back on the desk.

"So, why won't you marry SeungHyun?" She smirked at me as she raised the envelope to Oppa.  Oppa stepped up to the desk and took the envelope.

"Where did you get these photos?" I asked.

"I bought them from the reporter with a large sum of money.  I can't let everyone see these photos, can I?  On second thought, maybe I should."

"Mother!" I frowned.

Oppa sat down beside me and asked, "Kim EunHi, can you explain why you don't want to marry Choi SeungHyun?  For what I see in these pictures, you two are IN LOVE.  Are you dating two guys at the same time?"

"NO!" I let out a sigh and stood up, "Mother, I've said what I came to say.  I'll trust you on handling this."  I turned around  and left after I finished.

Oppa chased after me and said, "EunHi, you are not doing this because of me, are you?"  His words made me gasp.  I held my steps and slowly turned around.  I looked at him with a smile, "Of course not!  Why would I let him go if I really love him?"

"You are not lying?" He gazed me in the eyes and asked with a serious face.

I stepped up to him and hugged him tight, "Why would I lie to you?"  I inhaled slowly to hold back my tears as I continued, "Oppa, I love you!"

He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me tight, "I love you too, baby sis!  All I want is you to be happy.  To be with someone you really love and can make you happy.  I don't care if I have to leave everything behind if that's what it takes.  Do you understand me?"

I tightened my arms around him and shook my head, "No.  How can you say that?  Can you leave me behind as well?"

"I'm willing to let go if my sister finds someone I can trust her to.  Someone like Choi SeungHyun."

I pulled away from him and said, "Oppa!"  He brushed my cheek gently and said, "EunHi, follow your heart.  Leave the rest to me!  OK?"

"I don't know what you are talking about.  SeungHyun and I are just friends.  That kiss was nothing.  It's getting late.  I have to leave.  Good night, Oppa!" I tiptoed to kiss him on the cheek before I turned around to leave.

My tears poured down my cheeks as I stepped out of the mansion.  My brother knew what would happen to himself if I married SeungHyun; but he still wanted me to marry him.  My poor brother.  Not once he thought for himself.  Everything he did, he did it for father and me.  How could I follow my heart and only think of myself in return?

*  *  *

WooBin's POV

"Stop drinking!  You've already finished half of the bottle." Dara took away the glass from my hand as she signaled the bartender to take away the bottle.

"Dara..."  I took her hand and looked her in the eyes, "Dara..."

"I know you are worried about Hill.  So am I.  But this is her life.  If she really doesn't want to marry SeungHyun, we'll have to respect her decision." Dara squeezed my hand as she said.

"Respect her decision?  What if she is making the wrong decision?  What if she is making the decision for someone else but not herself?" I inhaled slowly.

Dara reached out her hand to my cheek and gently brushed it, "What are you talking about?  Why would Hill make her decision for someone else?  What do you mean?"

I wrapped my arms around Dara and hugged her close, "Just a little while!  Just a little while!"  I snuggled my head on her shoulder while she hugged me back, "Please tell me what's bothering you.  Even if I can't help you, I can at least be a good listener."

I smiled, "You are more than a good listener, you know?  Miss Dara!"

She laughed softly, "Of course.  I'm also an old friend.  An employee..."

"And a very important person to me." I whispered.  Dara gasped and wanted to pull away; but I held her tightly in my arms and said, "Just a little longer."

Dara didn't insist.  Instead, she patted me on the back gently and said, "For as long as you need.  I'm here for you."

"Thank you!"

*  *  *

SeungRi's POV

My parents were shocked when they saw those pictures.  So, that was why Hyeong got a broken lip.  Father was furious about it and even said he would break the engagement

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter