Flashbacks

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WooBin's POV

I still could not believe what I have just heard.  I insisted EunHi to stay for the night.  Walked her to her room and tucked her in.

"KANG DAE SUNG!" I shouted at the phone.  I called DaeSung immediately when I got back to my room.

"Sajang Nim!" DaeSung's voice was shaking.  He must have figured out why I called in the middle of the night.

"How could you not tell me about it?  How could you not do anything and let Krystal came here tonight, after knowing what has happened?" I was really angry.  DaeSung could have told me and I could have done something to avoid this.

"I'm sorry, Sajang Nim.  Kim Isa Nim threatened me not to tell you or anyone in the family.   And I've been keeping an eye on Miss Jung.  SeungRi and CL are helping as well." DaeSung explained.

I rolled my eyes, "Keeping an eye?  Then, how did she barge into our private room tonight?  Do you have a death wish, Kang Siljang Nim?"

"No, Sir!"

I let out a heavy sigh, "So, SeungHyun doesn't know yet?"

"Yes, Sajang Nim."

"Are you sure?  Or you just assume he doesn't know?" I asked.

I could hear DaeSung gulped at the other end of the phone, "I'm sure, Sajang Nim."

"Kang DaeSung, if anything happens again, it'll all be on your head.  You hear me?" I couldn't help myself but threaten him a little.  To make sure he would not dare to keep me in the dark again.

"Yes, Sajang Nim.  I will report everything to you from now on." DaeSung replied immediately.

"Well, not EVERYTHING.  Just things like this.  I mean, how can you hide this from me, DaeSung?  I'm her only brother.  You know I hate to see my sister gets hurt."

"I know.  I hate to see EunHi gets hurt too.  Believe me.  I'll make sure Miss Jang can't get close to EunHi again."

I sighed again, "Find out where the kid is.  I want to see a DNA report."

"Yes, Sajang Nim."

"And DaeSung, do it quietly." I reminded.

"Yes, Sajang Nim."

*  *  *

SeungHyun's POV

"Where are you now?  We need to talk." I called Krystal after my parents and SeungRi left the restaurant.  I needed to find out what she has said to Hilary and to ensure she would not bother Hilary again.

Krystal didn't reply me immediately.  In fact, she went dead silent on the other end of the phone, "Are you listening?  I said we need to talk.  Where are you?  It shouldn't take long.  I will come to you."

"If you have anything to say, say it on the phone." Krystal sounded so unenergetic.

"Let's meet.   Now!"

"It's late.  And since when you want to see me?  You are not worried that your fiance would find out we meeting in the middle of the night?"

I slowly inhaled and said, "I said I need to talk to you."

"Then talk!" Krystal raised her voice a little.

"Fine.  What did you and Hilary talked about tonight?  Is there anything that I should know about?  And don't go near Hilary again.  This is not a request.  But a warning." I said firmly.

Krystal let out a laugh, "Warning?  What would you do if I go near her again?  What could you do?"

I held my fist tight and took another deep breath, "Do you not have any idea what situation you have put yourself into by appearing at the dinner tonight?"

"Your fiance has said the same thing." She chuckled.

"I have no idea what you are up to.  I don't know why you are so fearless to come back again.  But I have made it very clear to you in New York that we are done.  I am over you.  7 years ago.  So, stop wasting your time in something meaningless."

"Meaningless?"

"Yes, meaningless.  No matter what you do, I won't change my mind.  I love Hilary.  Nothing can pull us apart, so don't waste your effort."

She chuckled, "Nothing, huh?"

"Krystal, let's not do this.  No matter how things ended 7 years ago, I don't have any hard feelings for you anymore.  Let the past go and move on."

"Move on?  How?  After what your family has done to me 7 years ago.  After all the struggles in these 7 years.  You are telling me to move on?" Krystal broke down.

Vivid images of 7 years ago flashed through my mind.  

~Flashback 1~

"How much should we ask for?"

"10 million?"

"Are you crazy?  He is the eldest son of T.O.P. Corporation."

"1 billion."

"Yea, 1 billion is more reasonable.  haha..."

Someone kicked me on the ribs, "What do you say?  Do you think you worth more than 1 billion?"

I was blindfolded.  Mouth stuffed with some cloth.  Hands and legs tied.  Lay on the wet floor.

 

"Be fair, Krystal!  You know well why things ended that way years ago.  Don't blame it on my family." I demanded.

"Are you saying I should blame myself?"

It was no pleasant memory for both of us.  But somehow, my family was not to blame.

 

~Flashback 2~

"Are you crazy?" Someone shouted.

I was asleep, or fainted, until I heard a familiar voice.

"Let him go!"

"Sister, how can we let him go now?  We'll let him go when we get the money."

"!  You should have told me before you did this.  I told you not to get your hands on him."

"Sister, don't be selfish!  Don't just think of yourself getting all the money and goodies.  Share some with your brothers."

"I have no idea what you are talking about."

"No?  Don't think we don't know that the boy gave you an expensive watch for your birthday."

"I gave it back to him."

"Oh yea, you gave it back to him so that he thinks you are not after his money.  Then, he will give you even more the next time.  Well done, Sister!"

"Just let him go!"

"We are here too far that we can't just let him go now.  And you know it.  And even if we let him go now, do you think he would forgive you?  I don't think so.  Let's get the money and leave.  You'll find another guy soon."

 

~Flashback 3~

"Your parents called the police, huh?"

"You are not going to see the sun rise tomorrow, kid.  Don't blame us.  Blame your parents."

A few more punches on my face and few more kicks on my ribs.

I somehow lost count of the days I have been kidnapped.

 

"Choi SeungHyun, you are just lucky because you were born in a rich family.  You have no idea what life is for the rest of the people outside your so-called elite circle.  You don't know how people struggle for their living out there.  You have no idea how I struggled for my life all these years." She sobbed.

Yes, I might not have any idea of how people struggled for living out there.  I admitted that I was lucky to be born in such a rich family, which have given me all the support and luxury ever since I was born.  I never needed to worry about living.  But I have never taken anything for granted.  I still had to work very hard to get everything I wanted.

"Don't push me, Choi SeungHyun!  When people got too desparate, they would do anything to survive." Krystal warned.

"I don't know what you are talking about.  What desparate?  What does it have to do with Hilary anyway?  What have you said to her tonight?"  Her words puzzled me even more.

She said, "That was between her and me.  You don't need to know.  At least, not yet."

'Jeez...  I need to know now.  Either you tell me now, or I will find out by myself.  And I swear to God if you dare hurt Hilary, I will not forgive you."

She laughed out loud suddenly, "Choi SeungHyun, you are actually not as smart as you think, you know?  Coz if you were, you would have known already.  You are always the last one to find out things.  Remember?"

I gritted my teeth to calm myself.  I knew well she was trying to provoke me.  I took another deep breath and said, "Fine.  Keep it to yourself.  I will find out if I want to.  In fact, don't even think of telling me later on coz I don't want to hear it from you.  Just stay out of my life.  Stay out of Hilary's too.  And this isn't a request either!"

She chuckled, "Ha...  You'll regret it one day.  Trust me on this one."  She hung up afterwards.

I threw the phone on the passenger seat beside me and drove off.

 

~Flashback 4~

"SeungHyun!  My son.   Oh God, please help my son!" Mother cried at my side as the medical officers pushed me into the operating room.

"Hyeong!" SeungRi called.

I was unconscious by the time I arrived at the hospital.

Beaten, starved, dehydrated.

But I somehow could still hear them.

 

~Flashback 5~

It was two wee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter