Fight

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SeungHyun's POV

I took Hilary to my room instead of the guest bathroom downstairs.

"Why did you bring me here?  ahek-ahek..."

"How do you feel?  Any bone stuck in your throat?" I pushed her down on my bed and tucked her hair behind her ear as I asked.

She shook her head and said, "I think I swallowed it with the meat.  I just feel a little weird down the throat.  But I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

She nodded with a weak smile.  I knew very well that she forced herself to smile to me.  Although mother didn't exactly praise CL at the dining table, she seemed to have accepted her as her future daughter-in-law even though she made a mess at the kitchen today.  But as for Hilary, mother simply ignored her in front of everyone.  I knew Hilary was a little upset about it but she tried to hide it from me.

I crouched down in front of her and took her hands, "The pancake and japchae are delicious.  I really found myself a girlfriend with potential to be a good wife."

Hilary smiled as she brushed my nose, "Let's go down.  Your mother is waiting for us."

I sat down beside her and hugged her close, "I'm sorry that my mother is being a little..."

She put a finger on my lips and stopped me, "I'm fine.  At least she doesn't find my clothes not appropriate and she didn't really criticize my cooking.  So, I'm good."

I kissed her on the forehead and said, "She will come around.  Just give her a little more time."

She nodded with a smile, "I know.  She invited me to dinner tonight, meaning she is not that mad at me after all.  Right?"

I nodded.

"Let's go back.  I shouldn't be up here." She pulled away from and stood up.

"Don't you want to walk around?" I asked.

She chuckled, "Later.  Or maybe next time.  Hurry!"

I chased after her immediately, "Wait up!"

*  *  *

The dinner went alright, although mother hasn't spoken to Hilary at all.  Hilary was really quiet all along.  CL on the other hand was quite excited since she somehow passed the exam today.

We gathered at the living room for tea and fruits after dinner.  Hilary kept a one-foot distance from me.  Everytime I moved an inch closer, she moved two inches away.  I glanced at mother and found her glaring at Hilary.  I let out a soft sigh and said to my mother, "Mom, I'll take Hilary to my room.  I want to show her something."

I took Hilary's hand and tried to drag her up; but she just wouldn't budge.  I raised my eyebrows to her but she slightly shook her head.  SeungRi wrapped his arm around CL and said, "Mom, us too.  Come, CL!  Let me show you my room."

CL jumped on her feet and said with a smile, "OK!  Hill, let's go!"

Hilary looked up and glanced at mother.  She dared not move until mother slightly nodded her head.

I sighed, "Come on!"  I took her hand and led her to my room.

*  *  *

"Hyeong, how long are you guys planning to stay?  CL and I are going to watch a movie in my room instead.  We need to act together and take the girls home around the same time.  Oh, and lock your door.  I bet mom will come up and check."  SeungRi pushed CL into his room as he said to me.

I hit him on the head and said with a smirk, "Just keep your voice down!"

"HYEONG!  MOVIE!  Just movie!" SeungRi blushed.

I laughed, "That's exactly what I meant.  What dirty thing you have in mind?"  Hilary giggled a litte beside me.

"Hyeongsu Nim, it's not nice to laugh at your future brother-in-law, you know?" SeungRi said.

Hilary pouted as she blushed hard.

"Choi SeungRi, you talk too much.  Come in!" CL pulled SeungRi into the room by his collar and waved her hand at us with a big smile, "Have fun!"  She winked at us before she closed the door behind her and left us at the hallway.

Hilary and I looked at each other and blushed together.

*  *  *

Hilary stood in front of my bookshelf and looked at the photos on the shelves.  I stepped up to her and hugged her from behind, "Was I cute or what?"

She giggled in my arms and said, "Give me one of these!  I want to put one on the top of my chest of drawers."

I rest my chin on her shoulder and said, "You want my kid photo?  What do I get in return then?"

"Hmm..." She leaned her head to mine and said, "I'll give you one of mine too.  The cutest one."

I chuckled, "Cutest?  But I want to choose one by myself."

She turned around to face me and said, "If you want to choose one by yourself, then you'll have to give me one with you .  I mean, those baby photo.  Everyone has at least one of those."

I brushed her nose and asked, "You posed when you were a baby too?"

She nodded with a smile, "Of course.  Mine is quite...   y!  hahaha...  Even WooBin Oppa has one.  He was super cute then."

"y?  How y?"

She raised her eyebrows and said with a smirk, "Me laying on my tummy on my parents' bed.  Exposing my and bare bottom."  She laughed cheerfully at her own words.

I nipped her chin and said, "Have I ever told you that you look like an angel when you smile and your smile light up the day?"

Hilary blushed instantly as she looked away.  I chuckled, "Alright! I'll give you my baby photo, if you give me yours."

She pouted, "Huh?  Not fair!"

I looked at her with wide-eyes, "Which part of that is not fair?"

"I'm a girl!"

"So?"

"So, it's not fair to exchange my photo with yours."

I laughed, "Do you hear what you are saying?  I'm asking for your baby photo, not your photo.  I mean, I don't need your photo since I have already seen the real thing.  I can always retrieve it from the back of my mind."

"YAHHHH......" She hit me hard on the arm as her cheeks turned crimson and covered her ears with her hands, "Don't say that again.  It's so embarrassing!"

I laughed softly as I pulled her hands down.  She looked at me and asked, "Wait!  What do you mean you can always retrieve IT from the back of your mind?  Do you mean you retrieve the picture of my body whenever you want to and you do that often?"

I raised my hands in the air and shook my head, "No.  That's not what I meant."

"OMG!  Don't tell me you think dirty when you see IT in your head!  I'll kill myself."  She gave me a full blown pout as she put her hands on each side of her waist.

I laughed out loud, "No, of course not.  I said that to tease you.  I'm not a ert."

She narrowed her eyes and looked at me suspiciously, "No ert will admit he's a ert!"

I rolled my eyes and threw my white flag, "Well, if you put it that way..."

"Hmmph!  Next time, I'm going to snap a picture of your body, so as to be fair!" Hilary said with a smirk.

"What.  Did.  You.  Just.  Say?" I looked at her with my eyes wide-opened.  She slightly drew her brows together with a pout and scanned me from head to toe.

"You are not serious!" I said.

She looked me in the eyes as if she was serious about this.  She kept a straight face too.

I drew my brows together tightly and asked again, "You are serious?"

"Hahahaha....  I'm just teasing you." Hilary burst out laughing all of a sudden.  I gritted my teeth and reached out to tickle her on the waist.  She quickly swifted to the side and stepped behind the bed.  I chased her around the room as she grabbed the cushion from the sofa and threw it at me.  I dodged it while someone opened the door and walked in.  The cushion flew right at that person, which was my mother.

"Mother!" I said.

"Omonim!" Hilary put away her smiled and straightened her back as she blushed hard.

Mother held the cushion in her hands and asked in a straight tone, "Aren't you supposed to go home?  It's almost 10:30p.m.?"

Hilary gulped and uttered, "Yes.  I should leave.  Thank you for the delicious dinner tonight."  She bowed politely at my mother.  I grabbed her bag from the sofa and said, "Mom, I'll take her back to the hotel."

"No, it's OK.  I can take a taxi." Hilary took her bag from me and said with a frozen smile.  She then turned to my mother and said, "Good night, Mrs. Choi!"  She bowed to my mother before she walked out of my room.

"Mom!" I looked at my mother and waited for her response.  She let out a soft sigh and nodded her head.  I kissed her on the cheek and said, "Good night, mom!"

I grabbed my car key from the top of the chest and chased after Hilary.

*  *  *

Hilary's POV

I grabbed my bag and quickly ran out of SeungHyun's room without looking back.

This was the first time I found myself in a situation that every move I made seemed wrong and no matter how hard I tried, I just kept stepping of the mines every couple steps I took.  I felt so frustrated and discouraged at the same time.  I was too used to be the centre of attention and praised by everyone.  People pampered me in their palms since I was a little child.  I somehow didn't know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter