Obstacle

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SeungHyun's POV

Mother didn't talk to me since that night.  She simply ignored me at home.  Father was not against it, probably because on the business point of view since marrying Hilary definitely was the best choice for the future of our Corporation, even though it was never my focus.  I understood why mother was upset but I really wanted her to know that I loved Hilary very much that I would not let her go again.

"Mom, can we talk?" I followed her to the kitchen but she just wouldn't talk to me.

She told the maids to do this and that as if I was not there at all.  I grabbed her by the hand and said, "Mom, please!"

She finally looked up at me and said, "If you want to talk about that girl, then don't bother.  I'm not interested in anything about her.  And she can never be my daughter-in-law."  She walked out of the kitchen after she finished.

I glanced at the maids and they immediately lowered their heads and pretended to do their chores.  I let out a sigh and chased after mother.

"Mom, she left with a reason.  She didn't have a choice.  I gave her no choice but to run.  It's not her fault, Mom!" I followed her to the living room and sat down opposite to her.

She looked up at me and said, "Reason.  You bought her reason?  She ran away on your engagement day and it's not her fault?  You are losing your reasons because of this girl.  And I heard she engaged to JiYong.  She is just a mess as any of those no brain girls.  I don't care who she is.  Even if she is the President's daughter, I don't want her to be your wife.  That's it."

"Mom, Hilary is not that kind of girl you have in mind.  I love her very much.  Even during the time she was away, my love for her never changed.  Now that she is back and everything is cleared, I will not give her up.  I just CAN'T, Mom!" I looked into her eyes as I said sincerely.

She gazed at me back and asked, "Why?  Why it has to be her?  What is there in her that you see and I don't?"

I smiled, "She is caring, loving, willing to sacrifice herself for the one she loves.  She is fun, pretty and we have similar interests.  Even though she can be a little selfish sometimes.  But I love her that too.  I love everything about her.  That's why I just can't give her up."

She let out a heavy sigh and said, "I really don't see all those good qualities you said.  But I do see how selfish she can be."

I sighed too, "Mom, give her a chance.  Give me a chance.  I really hope you two can get along since I really don't want to choose between you two."

"If you really have to choose, who would you choose then?" She asked.

"Of course Hilary, Mom!" SeungRi jumped out of nowhere and threw himself on the sofa beside mother as he said.  I threw him a glare to signal him not to say anything stupid.

He raised his eyebrow at me and said to mother, "Mom, a wise mother will trust her son's judgement and support him.  Give him advice and guidance on the way.  Then, she will have a son and a daughter at the same time.  Otherwise, she is bound to lose her son to the girl."

"Choi Seungri!" I gritted my teeth a little as I said and glanced at Mother's reaction.

SeungRi threw his arm around Mother's shoulder and pulled her close to himself, "Mom, do you know you are so lucky that you have two sons.  Meaning you are going to have two more daughters as well in time.  Treat the daughters well, then we, your sons, will love you more."  He kissed Mother on the cheek and tickled her on the waist.

Mother giggled as she pushed him away, "Well, at least EunHi is more decent than CL."

I couldn't help but let out a laugh at Mother's words.  SeungRi threw me a quick glare and asked, "What's wrong with CL?"

Mother rolled her eyes a little and said, "Go shopping with the girl and get her a new set of wardrobes.  I mean, there are many designers' clothes which cover the body parts better than those she wears."

I clenched my lips to hold my laugh.  SeungRi rolled his eyes and said, "Well, do you think I haven't tried to go shopping with her?"

"You did?" I somehow couldn't believe what I've heard since I thought he liked how CL dressed.

He let out a heavy sigh, "She ended up buying more of those appealing clothes.  You know I can't control her."

Mother hit him on the arm and asked, "I wanted to ask you since long time ago.  What is there in her that you see and I don't?"

SeungRi smiled and patted Mother on the shoulder, "Mom, that's why it is called love.  When you love someone unconditionally and without any reasons, that's real love.  Tell me, Mom!  Why do you love Dad?"

Mother blinked a few times at him and said, "I...  Well...  I..."

"See?  You can't think of a reason too.  But we both know you love Dad very much.  To me, I don't really see why you can love him so much.  He cares about business way more than anything.  He's not romantic.  He doesn't even know if you have a haircut or done your nails.  He often forgets about your birthday, not to mention he probably can't remember when is your wedding anniversary.  But you still love him.  See what I mean?"

Mother blushed a little as she slightly hit SeungRi on the chest.  SeungRi laughed softly and kissed her again on the cheek.  I smiled at my little brother.  He did have the ability to deal with women of all ages.

"Mom, just give Hilary one more chance.  Hyeong really loves her and she really loves Hyeong.  Just don't be the witch to tear the lovebirds apart, OK?"

"Who are you calling a witch?" Mother nipped his earlobe and said.  SeungRi cried for help, "Hyeong, you can't just sit there.  I'm doing all this for you.  HYEONG!"

I took a deep breath and said, "Mom, please!"

She let go of SeungRi and looked at me, "Bring her for dinner and I'll see."

"Mom, you are not thinking of torturing her when she comes for dinner, are you?" SeungRi asked.

Mother hit him on the arm and said, "Bring your girl too!  I'll teach her how to wear like a decent girl."

I burst out laughing and SeungRi threw me a sharp stare, "Mom, you do that.  If you can make her cover herself up with normal clothes, I'll come home for dinner every night for a month."

She nipped his earlobe and said, "You better remember what you just said."

"Yah yah yah....   It hurts!"

"Thank you, Mom!" I said.  She glanced at me and said, "I'm still angry at her."

SeungRi hugged her tight from the side and said, "Our mother is the world's most forgiving woman."  Mother tilted her chin up a little and smirked.

I smiled, "Thank you, brother!"

"Hyeong, just say you love me!" He winked at me with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and stood up to leave, "You wish!"

*  *  *

Two weeks passed.  Mother called SeungRi and I this afternoon and demanded us to go home for dinner tonight.

"Hyeong, do you know what's with dinner tonight?" SeungRi asked as he got off the car.  I glanced at him and shrugged.

Both SeungRi and I originally had plans for tonight.  But we cancelled it right away since we dared not to ignore Mother's order this time as we both were in a critical situation at the moment.

"CL is going to kill me.  We were supposed to go to movie tonight.  I was busy for the past two weeks and the movie is on until tonight.  Mother and girlfriend really are the two scariest creatures on earth.  I mean, your life can be turned upside down if you piss either one of them.  And we have both in our lifes now.  Man, we do have to be extra careful.  But then, I guess you are luckier since Hilary is way easier to handle than my precious CL." SeungRi threw his arm around my shoulder and said.

I let out a laugh and said, "I thought you said you are a women specialist."

"I am.  That's why I know how scary they can be."  He patted me on the shoulder and sighed heavily.

I laughed softly, "And I was supposed to have dinner with Hilary tonight."

SeungRi turned around and said, "Let's just eat quickly and leave together.  Just tell mom we have to meet with our business partner or something.  I mean, it's better to comfort the ladies tonight instead later."

I nodded my head.

We went into the house and the head maid was already there at the foyer waiting for us.  She took my suitcase and said, "We have guests tonight."

"Guests?  More than one?  Who?" SeungRi gave his suitcase to the head maid and asked as he took off his jacket.

The maid smiled, "Two beautiful ladies."

SeungRi and I looked at each other immediately and gasped.

"OMG!  I have to take back what I said just now.  Mother IS the scariest creature on earth.  Hyeong, pray for me that CL won't do anything stupid tonight." SeungRi wrinkled his face and said as he shook his head.

I asked the head maid, "Hilary is here?  Since when?"

The head maid answered softly, "She arrived two hours ago."

"TWO HOURS?  What about CL?" SeungRi asked in shock.

"She is here since 3p.m."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter