Fear

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SeungHyun's POV

"Let my sister be!  If she says she needs to be alone, then let her be.  You come with me." WooBin Hyeong said.  He looked dead serious when he spoke.  This made me even more worried about Hilary.

"No, Hyeong.  I can't leave like this."

I tried to push CL away from the door.  Just when I was about to touch the door knob, the door opened.

"Hill?" CL quickly turned around and put her arm around Hilary's shoulder, "I'm sorry.  Go back inside.  I'll take care of this."

Hilary slightly shook her head with a frozen smile, "It's alright."

She had her head down that I couldn't even take a good look at her.  She said as she stepped out of the room, "I'm OK.  I'm just a little tired and want to rest."

She avoided my eyes and walked towards her brother.  WooBin immediately grabbed her by the arm as if he was worried that she would faint.

"Baby sis, are you really alright?" WooBin asked softly.

Hilary nodded, "Just take him with you.  I'll deal with this later."

"Hilary!" I said.

*  *  *

Hilary's POV

My head spinned as I heard SeungHyun called my name.

I tried to ignore him.  I knew it would hurt him but I really didn't know what to do at the very moment.  I needed time to let the truth sink in.  Time to think.  I didn't want to discuss about the matter with anyone just yet for I was worried that I would say something or make decisions that not entirely right or reflect what I really wanted.

But I also knew he would not give up so easily.

"Hilary!" SeungHyun said.

I could feel that he already stepped up to me from behind.  Just when my brother was about to say something, I turned around and said, "It's late and I'm tired.  We'll talk later, OK?  I promise."

SeungHyun grabbed me by both arms and asked with concerns, "I know something happened and you are upset.  Please tell me what it is.  Don't keep me in the dark.  I want to deal with it with you, together."

Tears fell down no matter how hard I tried to hold them.  He pulled me into his arms and hugged me tight, "Shh...  Please don't cry!  It breaks my heart to see you cry.  Tell me please."

"Hyeong, Hill will tell you when she is ready.  Please.  Let's just leave tonight and let her rest." SeungRi said.

"You know what happened too.  Then, tell me!  You all know." SeungHyun raised his voice a little.

I pulled away from him and reached in to my pocket.  I wiped away my tears and gave him the papers.

"What is it?" SeungHyun asked.

I looked up at him and said softly, "Go home and read it.  You'll find out from these papers.  Then, we can talk after."

I tiptoed to kiss him on the cheek and returned to my room.

"Hill?  I'm coming with you." CL called out, "Honey, I'll stay with Hill.  Take your brother with you."

"K!  Babe, I love you!" SeungRi said.

"Mmm...  Love you more!" CL said and closed the door behind us.

*  *  *

SeungHyun's POV

I took the papers and watched Hilary walked back to her room with CL followed from behind.  I then looked at the crumbled papers in my hands.  I looked up at SeungRi and then at WooBin Hyeong.  They both had the-world-is-about-to-end look on their faces.

"What is this?" I asked my brother.

SeungRi and WooBin Hyeong exchaged a look and said, "Hyeong, let's go home.  Or let's go to my place.  Yea, let's go to my place tonight.  We can read it there."  He reached out and tried to grab the papers from my hands.

I pulled away and asked, "You know what happened.  You know everything and you didn't mention a single thing to me?"  The anger from God knew where just raged up to my head.

"Hyeong, no offense but it really isn't the right time to be angry at me or anyone.  Believe me, the only one who has the right to be angry is right inside that room." SeungRi said calmly with a straight face.

SeungRi's word made me drew back with fear.

WooBin patted me on my shoulder and said, "SeungHyun, go with SeungRi.  He will tell you everything we know.  Like he said, this isn't the right time to let your rage override your judgement.  You need a clear mind to deal with all this.  To make sure my sister won't get hurt from your decisions.  I don't blame anyone here.  But I will not tolerate anyone who hurts my sister either."  He looked me with piercing eyes as if he was giving me a final warning.

DaeSung stepped up to us and said, "Choi Sajang Nim, please!  I will you to your car."

"Hyeong, let's go!" SeungRi pushed me a little by the arm.

I turned around and looked at the door of Hilary's room.  I was so worried about Hilary that my heart ached.  I clutched the papers in my hand as I turned around and walked out of the suite.

*  *  *

SeungRi didn't say a word on the way to his "love room".

"It sure feels weird to come here with my own brother." SeungRi mumbled as he opened the door, "Come in!  Housekeeping should have cleaned up the room already.   You won't step on CL's lingeres or clothes."

I followed him inside.  The room was all cleaned up as he said.

"Want anything to drink?  I suggest bourbon.  Neat." SeungRi walked over to the mini-bar and grabbed a bottle of bourbon whiskey and two glasses.

I watched him filled half of the glasses with bourbon.  He handed me a glass and said, "Bottoms up!"

I took the glass and gazed at him.

"Don't look at me like that!  Drink up.  You need the alcohol.  Trust me!" SeungRi slightly pushed my hand and urged me to drink it.

I took a sip and asked, "Now, what are those papers?"

He looked me in the eyes and pushed my hand again, "Finish it and I'll tell you."

I threw him a glare and gulped down the bourbon, "Happy?  Can you tell me now?"

"Hyeong, I wish I could be happy to tell you what I'm about to tell you."

I had no idea what he was talking about.  He then passed me the papers and said, "Go ahead.  Read it."

I took the papers and somehow hesitated.  Though I had no idea what the papers were about, but I somehow could sense that it was something that might change everything.  Otherwise, everyone wouldn't have been so dead serious at Hilary's place.

I looked at the papers in my hands and couldn't pick up the courage to unfold them.

"Hyeong, you have to look at them yourself before I can fill you in with the blanks.  Believe me.  I understand how you feel right now.  But remember, Hill has read it too.  Imagine how she felt when she read it.  I am sorry but it will not be as bad to read it yourself comparing to Hill.  Trust me!" SeungRi let out a heavy sigh.

The serious look on my little brother's face really scared me a little bit.

I inhaled slowly and deeply before I unfolded the papers.

The heading saying "DNA Paternity Test" shown on the first page.  I looked up at SeungRi instantly.

"Read on." He said calmly.

I looked down the page with all the numbers and flipped to the next page.  My heart started to pound as I looked down to the bottom of the second page, where I found the probability of paternity.

99.99998%

"What is this?" I asked with my shaky voice as I looked up at my brother.

SeungRi looked me in the eyes and said, "This is a DNA report between you...  and a 7 year-old boy."

I could not believe what I have just heard.  My head started to spin.  Everything in the room started to move around.  It felt like I was bouncing up and down in a washing machine.  I couldn't even see things straight.

"Hyeong, are you alright?" SeungRi grabbed me by the arm and shook me a little.

I wagged my head, "Say that again!"

SeungRi took a deep breath and said, "You have a 7 year-old son."

"Say what?" I asked again.

"Hyeong, no matter how many times you ask me to say it, you'll still hear the same thing.  You have a son.  7 years old."

"No way!  No way!" I repeated.

"Well, the papers proved otherwise.  So this is why Krystal came back after all these years." SeungRi said.

I looked up at my brother and raised my voice at him a little again, "When did you find out?  How did Hilary find out?  Why didn't you tell me?"

"Calm down, will you?  Yelling at me won't solve any problem here.  I did some checking after Krystal showed up.  Hill asked DaeSung to find out who Krystal is.  DaeSung just told her Krystal is some ex-girlfriend of yours whom mother disapproved.  He didn't tell her the whole details though.  But you know your fiance.  She is probably the cleverest woman we have ever met.  With that smart little brain of hers, she of course has no problem connecting the dots."

"So, she asked DaeSung to get a DNA report?" I asked.

SeungRi shook his head, "No.  WooBin Hyeong did.  He actually asked DaeSung to do it quietly.  But again, how could they hide it from Hill."

"So this is why she has been keeping distance from me lately!" I bent over and held my head with both hands.

"Sure, she is upset.  But she is not mad at you."

"Of course she is mad at me.  Why would she not be mad?  We are about to get married and a son with an ex-girlfriend pops out.  What woman on earth can take this?" All I could think of now was Hilary would leave me.

"NO!" SeungRi shouted as he stood up and paced around the room, "She is not mad at you.  Brother, do you not know your fiance?  If she was mad at you, she would have slapped you on the face and kicked you out of her suite earlier.  You wouldn't be sitting here regretting what you have done and worrying about being dumped, coz it would already be over between you two."

He sat down beside me and continued, "She cried because she is upset.  And that's for sure.  Finding out her fiance has a 7 year-old son, the girl does deserve to cry a little, right?  I mean, it's not the first day she finds out who Krystal is.  And she has been suspecting that Krystal has your son for a while.  If she was mad at you, she would have broken up with you since day one Krystal appears.  Why would she say she'll talk to you later?  Please, brother!  It really isn't the time to be angry or to blame anyone or to regret what you hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter