Silly Hill

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hilary's POV

JiYong held me tightly in his arms as if I would slip away if he loosened his grasp.

"JiYong, you are suffocating me." I tried to pull away from him.  He loosened his grasp a little and tucked my hair behind my ear as he said, "Hill, please!  Come home!"

I looked at him as I wiped away my tears.  He was so sincere and so gentle, which made me not knowing how to respond.  I took a deep breath and said softly, "This is my home, JiYong."

He drew his brows together and shook his head, "No, Hill.  Your home is where your family and friends are.  Paris is only a place like home, but not home.  Do you not miss a single person in Seoul?  What about your brother?  Dara?  Minzy?  DaeSung?"

I sniffled.  He cupped my face with both hands and made me look at him in the eyes, "Hill, promise me to at least think about it!  OK?"  I slightly nodded my head with a pout.  He smiled and planted a gentle kiss on my forehead.

*  *  *

SeungHyun's POV

I didn't sleep at all last night.  I sat on the sofa and waited for the sun to go up.

I didn't go to the florist as I said yesterday.  Instead, I headed straight to Hilary's loft early in the morning.  I stood in front of the door and hesitated whether I should ring the bell.

"Good morning!  It's you again." The lady I saw yesterday was back from her morning jog.

"Oh, good morning!" I smiled embarrassedly.

She pulled away her earphones and said, "Why are you standing here?  Hilary should be inside."  She pushed me up the stairs from behind and said, "If you want the girl, you shouldn't hesitate.  Go on!"

She walked me up to Hilary's door and rang the bell for me.  She gave me a wink before she went down the stairs, "Good luck!"  I bowed to her with a smile.

"C'est qui?" My heart started to pound faster and faster as I heard Hilary's voice from inside the loft.

Hilary opened the door before I could answer her.  She wore a navy blue Juicy Couture velour track jacket with matched slim pants.  She had her glasses on and wore her hair in a ponytail.  The make-up free Hilary still looked pretty and fresh.

She was a little shocked to see me at her door.  I smiled, "Morning!"

She blinked a few times at me and said softly, "Morning!  What are you doing here so early?"

"May I come in?" I asked.  She hesitated a second; but still stepped back to make room for me to enter, "Yes, of course!"

I took off my shoes and my coat.  She grabbed my coat and said, "Give it to me!"

"Thank you."

She hung my coat on the hanger stand and walked inside, "Did you have breakfast yet?"

I glanced at the open kitchen and saw her breakfast on the table, "Oh, I'm sorry.  Should I come again later?"

She slightly shook her head, "Sit down!  Coffee?"

"Yes, please!"  I sat down on the chair while she passed me a cup and poured me some coffee.

"I only have cereal and toast.  But I can make you some eggs if you want."

I shook my head with a smile and said, "It's OK.  I'm not hungry."

She raised her eyes at me and handed me a piece of toast, "It's not polite to just sit there and look at a woman while she eats, you know?"

I took the toast from her and chuckled, "Yes, Ma'am."

She sat down opposite to me and I just couldn't get my eyes off her.  I watched her finish her cereal quietly and totally forgot the toast in my hand.  She looked up at me and said, "Stop staring at me and finish your toast."

I put the toast in my mouth with my eyes still fixed on her.  She slightly smiled at me as she sipped her coffee.  Her sweet smile melted me already.  I missed her smile so so much.  She picked up her bowl and cup and put them to the sink.  She then snatched a tissue and handed it to me, "Put it down if you don't want to eat it."  I put the toast down as she said and took the tissue from her.

She continued as she walked out of the kitchen, "Why are you here so early?  Jet-lag?"  She sat down on the couch and clutched the cushion to her chest.

I sat down as well and said, "I didn't sleep last night."

She looked up at me instantly and her cheeks turned apple red as our eyes finally met.  She gulped and casually looked away, "So, it's jet-lag."

I inhaled slowly to calm my quickened heartbeats and said, "I was thinking what to say when I see you."

She gave me a quick glance out of the corner of her eye and asked softly and suspiciously, "You have to think of what to say to me?"

"Yes.  But then, I figured I should just say it in the simple and direct way."

"Like?"

"I'm sorry." I said while looking at her directly in the eyes.

She looked at me back with surprise and asked with her shaky voice, "What did you just say?"

I grabbed her hand and repeated, "I'm sorry, Hilary!"

"What's that for?" Her voice turned even more shakier as if she would burst out crying any second.

"For the engagement.  For pushing you to do something you don't want to.  For making you to run away.  For not being able to find out the reason behind.  For everything."

Her eye rims turned red all of a sudden and I could see tears already wobbled in her eyes.  She clenched her lips as she lowered her head.  I moved a little closer to her as I squeezed her hand, "I'm sorry, Hilary.  Will you forgive me?"

She shook her head and tears fell down her cheek, "Why are you asking for my forgiveness?  It is my fault.  I ran away.  I left you alone to clean up the mess I made.  Remember?  Why are you apologizing to me?"

I brushed away her tears and said, "No, it's my fault.  I told our parents we wanted to engage without getting your consent.  You told me to call it off but I didn't.  I gave you no choice but to run."

"NO!  NO!  NO!" She stood up and held her head with both hands.

I stepped up to her and hugged her from behind.  She tried to struggle off my grasp as she said, "Stop being so kind to me!  I'm the bad girl, remember?  I played with your heart and stood you up on our engagement.  I put you in a situation which you had to face our angry parents and all the invited guests.  You should be mad at me.  You should forget about me.  You shouldn't have come to find me.  Why are you apologizing to me for my own fault?"  She struggled hard in my arms as she cried and shouted; but I hung on to her tightly and just wouldn't let her go.

"Let go of me!  Let me go!  Stay away from me!  Didn't you read my text?  I told you to forget about me.  Why did you come here?  Why?"  She hit me on my arm as she tried to break my grasp.

I craned my neck forward and nudged my head on hers as I stabled her in my arms, "How can I forget you?  Believe me, I tried.  I deleted our conversation record after I read your last text.  I took the painting down as you said.  I buried myself into work and hoped work would occupy all my time and energy so that I would not think of you.  But no.  It just didn't work that way.  Everywhere I go and everything I do remind me of you.  You filled both my head and heart.  I just can't get you out of me."

Her knees gone weak on her and she put her weight on me.  I pulled her up a little and dragged her back to the couch.  I sat her down and turned her head to face me by her chin.  I carefully took off her glasses and wiped away her tears.  Her tears fell down her cheeks like a river and just couldn't stop.  It really ached my heart to see her cry like this.  I leaned forward to kiss her on the forehead but she slightly pulled away consciously.  I cupped her face with both hands to hold her still and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"I won't deny that I was angry at you for running away.  But when I calmed down, I realized it wasn't your fault at all.  You said it to me clearly that you don't want to get engaged; but I never listened.  So, how can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter