The NOTE

The Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hilary's POV

I wrapped my arms around CL to hug her back, "I'm really sorry, CL.  It's all my fault."

CL pushed me away and looked me in the eyes as she said, "NO!  It's not your fault.  I never wanted to combine our weddings to one anyway.  I just played along with SeungRi to help you guys.  I mean, I want my wedding venue filled with leopard print decors, pink feathers, gold chains and stuff.  Will you and SeungHyun Oppa be able to take it?  And I want my bride's maids black leather boots too.  Do you think Dara and Minzi will play along?"

I knew so well she made those all up to make me feel better.  What kind of bride would want to have her once in a lifetime wedding to be so extreme?  No matter how trendy CL was.  I was sure that she was just like every other girl and wanted a fairy tale wedding rather than such a punk wedding.

I looked at her and said, "You know that's not possible.  Our future mother-in-law would never allow.  You are just saying it to make me feel better.  CL, I'm really sorry.  Your mother is still very mad at me.  That's why she didn't agree to let us have our weddings together.  I may not be good at reading people.  But I can tell you were excited about the wedding.  You didn't just play along with SeungRi to help us, you really wanted us to get married together.  I can tell."

CL breathed in slowly and said, "Alright!  Yes, I really thought it was a brilliant idea and it would be fun too.  Even though SeungRi never proposed to me and he just brought this up to help his brother, but I really didn't care.  I loved the idea and I wanted to have our weddings together.  I won't deny that I was a little upset about it at first.  But on second thought, I believe it's for the best.  I know very well that SeungRi is not ready to be tied down yet.  If I wanted things to work out for us, I just couldn't rush things through.  I will wait until he's ready and properly propose to me."

"CL..."

She smiled and playfully hit me on my arm, "Not to mention, I don't want to be outshone by you on my wedding day.  I would be most STUPID to stand alongside with you as a bride.  I may not be as smart as you are, but I am not stupid.  I want to be a Queen on my wedding, not a minion."

I sighed with a weak smile.  She gave me a big smile and reassured me, "I'm really OK.  I don't have any hard feeling for you.  In fact, I'm really happy that you guys are finally getting married.  I know what you two have been through.  Not to mention, my brother has played a very important role in bringing you guys back together.  His effort will be wasted if you guys couldn't get married."

"You know?" I was shocked about what she said.  JiYong has not mentioned anything to me that CL knew about what really happened.

CL gazed at me for a few seconds and nodded, "SeungRi told me.  You know he is not allowed to have secrets."

I bit my lower lip and didn't know what to say.  CL let out a heavy sigh and said, "You thought I would be mad at you, right?"

I looked up at her.  Before I could say anything, she said, "Again, I won't deny that I was a little mad at you when SeungRi told me.  But SeungRi was right.  It was my brother's choice.  He had it all planned the whole time and you didn't even know his proposal was not real.  So, who am I to blame anyone.  In fact, I should thank YOU."

"Thank me?" I asked.

She nodded, "Yes.  Thank YOU.  YOU made my brother realize he can love again.  YOU made him learn to love again.  YOU changed him.  He is not the same person he was before he met you.  He is more of a person now.  All because of you.  My brother is much hotter now than ever, you know."  She winked at me with a smile.

I smiled shyly as I lowered my head.

"Hill..."

I looked up.  She looked me in the eyes and said, "Be happy with SeungHyun Oppa.  Be the happiest woman on earth.  This is how you are going to repay my brother.  You hear me?"

Tears filled my eyes instantly as I nodded my head, "I'm sorry."

CL threw her arms around me and said, "Don't be.  There's no right or wrong in love.  It's either you love or you don't.  You can't make someone love you.  And if you really love someone, you'll know the best way to make that someone happy.  Let go is a much greater love.  Something I learned from my brother."

I nodded my head again as I hugged her tight.  She squeezed me tight and said, "I'm sure my brother will find a perfect girl and fall in love with her deeply that he becomes her minion.  haha..."

I chuckled and wiped away my tears, "For sure, he will find that perfect girl.  But CL, for the last time, I'm sorry."

"Oh, shut up!  Don't ever mention that to me again.  I AM FINE.  I'm not in a hurry to be tied down either.  I mean, I'm not ready to be a wife, especially a Choi's wife.  I mean, I don't want flour all over my face every single day."

I smiled.

"Smile?  You smile?  You are lucky that you have a hotel to run.  You have excuses.  But I don't.   When I think of it this way, I actually feel lucky that my mother disagreed on us getting married together.  Meaning I don't have to be a Choi's wife too soon.  I mean, I don't wanna fight with my mother-in-law or piss her off everyday.  But I definitely have that potential."  CL laughed at her own words.  She laughed happily and didn't seem a bit upset about not getting married yet.  Maybe I worried too much or maybe she was just trying to make me feel better.  Either way, I felt sorry since it was all because of me.

*  *  *

SeungHyun's POV

The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park.   Auden Bistro & Bar.

"Mr. Choi, a lady asked me to hand this to you." A waiter came by my side and whispered in my ear.

I took the piece of folded paper from him and slightly glanced at him out of the corner of my eye.  He nodded his head and signaled me to look up.  I looked up and glanced around the restaurant.  I couldn't help but let out a sigh immediately when I saw who was sitting at the far corner.

I stared at the folder paper in my hand and said t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter