LVII

Unforeseen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*

Winter is getting nearer which means the students will have their winter break soon. All of them were excited enough for winter, they wanted to spend their Christmas with their families.

After the talk Saera had with her brother, she tried to approach Jungkook but she couldn't find the best time. She made up her mind to see him after her play ends for today. She was nervous enough because her play is going to be today, not really hers, but she conducted it. Both Daehyun and Baekhyun told her they were coming.

Not just them, but all of her friends are coming. That made her even more nervous, she was afriad that something might go wrong. Standing backstage, she checks the audience to see if her brothers and friends are there. She felt a twist in her stomach to see Hyuk, Hongbin and their friends sitting on the forth row from the stage.

Ms. Song was on stage explaining about the play and some other things Saera couldn't hear, however, she could clearly hear the part where Ms. Song announces that the play is starting.

Saera and Jinyoung wish all of the actors and actresses good luck, just when Saera was about to wish a good luck to the last person, she realised who it is. The bright smile on her face turns dimmer when she sees his face. But, she put everything aside and mutter Hyunwoo a good luck before walking past him.

Throughout the whole play, she sneaked a glance at the audience and at the play. She was surprised how Hyunwoo could really get into character, better than how they used to rehearsed. The play ended, receiving a great applause from the audience. Another big grin forms upon Saera's face, she felt proud and happy with the reaction.

She felt stunned when Ms. Song calls her name and Jinyoung's name to stand up the stage. Ms. Song had already tell both of them that they would have to go up the stage after the play ended, but she was too happy and nervous to remember it. Seeing her stoned, Jinyoung grabs her hand and both of them walks up the stage.

The two of them bow with their hands still locked to each other. Saera smiles at her brothers and friends who were cheering loudly, she managed to caught Jungkook's  eyes accidentally. She could see how proudly he was smiling and it almost rip her. Both Jinyoung and her walks down the stage after the curtains were closed.

After the auditorium was cleared, she calls Taehyung telling him that she'll call either one of them to pick her up later. She didn't state the actual reason why she would be late because fortunately Taehyung didn't bother to ask.

The whole school is clear since all the students had already went back. Saera asked for Zelo's help, to give some relevant excuses to Jungkook so that he would stay for a while. Zelo sent her a text saying that Jungkook is currently waiting for him, because he said that he'll be going to the toilet when actually he's already home, in the gym.

Taking a deep breath, Saera walks in the gym with the sound of her heels  tapping the the floor. She was a little surprise to see Jungkook standing in the middle of the basketball court, looking towards her. She flashes a smile to him, trying to indicate that she wants  to work things out with him instead of fighting.

She was puzzled when Jungkook handed her a bouquet of flowers, why would he give her flowers when he doesn't know that she wants to see him, unless..

"I forced him to tell me and I wanted to give this to you originally, but you were too busy getting dealing with others" he says, Saera carefully takes the flowers from his hand. She wasn't expecting it to be this awkward seeing him again, but she had everything planned in mind that she wanted to settle this before anything goes wrong.

"So, congratulations. You did a really great job conducting the play" he gave her a compliment. "Um, thank you" Saera thanked him, her eyes were looking downwards, she felt a little afraid to look at him. "So, uh, listen. I-" Saera wanted to go staright to what she wants to say, but Jungkook cut her words off.

"Are you scared of me? Why won't you look at me?" he asks, before Saera could even answer him, he lifts her head up, pushing her chin up, locking their eyes. "I, I'm sorry" Saera says, looking away. "I just want to tell you, that I hope you don't hate me. I know it will be impossible for the two of us to be back together like how we used to, that is if you want to. And if that can't happen, maybe we can stay as friends?" she asks, stealing glances at him.

"I don't think we can be a couple like how we were at all." Jungkook voices out, Saera's and his heart were crushing in pieces the moment he said that. "I don't deserve someone as nice as you, Saera." Saera's heart skips a beat, hearing his voice calling her name. "Even after all the things I did to you, you still want to be the one to apolo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter