XLV

Unforeseen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*

Days passed by and it was finally Friday. Saera felt relief that she doesn't have rehearsals today. The play would be held by the end of autumn, close enough to Winter Formal. She was about to head out of the school compounds when she bumped into a girl. Saera looks up and wanted apologise to the girl that happens to be Eunhee.

"Oh, I'm sorry"

Saera apologises, she was about to ask if she was okay but closes when Eunhee walks past her, bumping into her slightly. Saera scrunches her nose, she wasn't sure if she did that on purpose or if she is in a rush. But why would she be in a rush when the way out is this way? Saera fixes her hair and proceeds walking.

She was about to walk pasts the school gates when she heard someone calling her name, turning around, she tries to search for the voice. "Saera, oh thank god I saw you" Saera sees Hyunwoo walking in her direction and stops right in front of her. She was growing uneasy because she was afraid that Jungkook might see both of them and jump into conclusions immediately.

"Why, what's wrong?" she asks, she tried glancing around if she could spot Jungkook's presence. "Remember when Ms. Song said that I need practice with the kissing scene?" he asks. Saera knows where his question is leading to and she prays inside for Jungkook to magically appears next to her.

"Can you please help me?" as soon as the question slips his lips, Saera's hope broke into pieces. She was hesitating to give him a reply, "We don't really have to kiss, I just need to know how do I get absorbed into character" he says and still, Saera was hesitating. "I beg you, I have no one else to ask, you're my only hope" he says, gripping both of her shoulders.

Saera who was stealing glances around look in his eyes. The image of how close their faces were a few days ago appears in her mind, immediately, she broke the eye contact. She took one last glance at the school building, hoping that she'll see Jungkook, but he isn't there. So eventually, she agrees.

She silently follows Hyunwoo inside his car, she sent Jungkook a message saying that she won't be able to walk back with him but she didn't state the reason. She silently hopes that nothing would go wrong at the Han River.

~*~

"What is it?"

Jungkook ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter