XLII

Unforeseen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*

Throughout the whole day, Jungkook tried calling the number but obviously it's hopeless. He's directed to the voice mail every time he dials the number. He gave up eventually, why would he waste his credits on someone who is probably fooling around. But the curiousity is killing him, he is somehow sure it's not a prank.

"Earth to Jungkook"

Jungkook lifts his head up to see Saera waving her hand. Obviously he didn't realise her presence there because he kept on staring at his phone. He raises his brow, asking her if she needs anything.

"Ms. Song told us to take five, what are you doing there?" Saera asks taking a seat beside him. She noticed it a while ago how he kept calling someone. "Uh? Nothing" he answers. Saera knew she wouldn't get her answer even if she asked. She felt a little suspicious how Jungkook keeps acting weird ever since Hyunwoo transferred to their school.

"Funny isn't it?" Saera's sudden question made Jungkook snaps his head towards her. Lately, Saera had been asking weird questions and most of them are related to Hyunwoo and Eunhee.

"I'm always stuck with you in every class experiment and I used to hate it with my whole heart every single time you're partner," she laughs slightly. "But?" Jungkook asks, he knows there's going to be another part of her answer. "But, now that I finally like you. Not even once have we become partners"

"It's like they're playing with us, make us fall in love and now seperating us" she says, it was quiet for a while. Jungkook knows that whatever she's trying to say has another meaning in it. Usually she would tell him immediately, but it seems like she wants him to figure this out himself. "What am I saying? It's nonsense" she laughs.

"Oh, well. I need to go, you could go home if you want to. I don't want to burden you" she says, standing up. "No, it's fine. I'll wait for you, I could always sleep here" Jungkook says lying down on the chair. He watches quietly as Saera walks down the stairs towards the stage. He notices how Hyunwoo keeps looking at her.

He gets up from his seat and moves to another one which is closer to the stage so that he could see better of what Hyunwoo is up to. He just couldn't understand why he is so interested in someone who is taken. Something tells him that Hyunwoo is not actually interested in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter