Shin Ae Gi

Please Say No to Him Coz I Still Love You

I was standing on the front of the canvas as I wanted to continue with my painting. The palette was on my left hand while the brush was on my right hand. I tilted my head as I stared at the painting that I made.

 

It was a painting of a harbor on the lake with the wooden deck and mountains as the background. I always liked to paint pictures of nature. The picture was perfect already. Even my professor said that the picture was perfect. It gave calm and comfort feeling. But somehow I felt something has been missing from the picture.

 

Then a sound of footsteps entering the studio broke the terrain of my thought. I looked to the door of the studio and saw a slender handsome guy came to the studio. I knew who he was. He was SeungHo, a student from the Film Art major and also a friend of mine. Well, not actually a direct friend of mine. He was a friend of someone that I loved once. Or probably still…

 

“Ah, you come.” I flashed him a smile then went to the side desk to put my palette and washed my brush.

 

He gave me a sincere lopsided smile. “Yes.” He said as he stepped to the front of my painting. He examined the painting as I cleaned my brush and hands.

 

“Your painting is good.”

 

I smiled to hear his praise then looked up to see him. “Really?” I put the dirty rug for cleaning my hand back to the table and came to his side then looked at my own painting. “But I feel something is missing. But I don’t know why.”

 

“But your painting is always beautiful.” He paused. “Just like you.”

 

I couldn’t help but smiled and blushed to hear his words. “Thank you.” I dropped my gaze and felt some hotness crept into my cheeks. Yes, I think I’ve blushed.

 

“So…”

 

I looked at SeungHo who already looked back at me.

 

“Have you heard anything from DooJoon lately?” He asked.

 

As I heard the name that he mentioned, my heart went stop for a second. My smile disappeared as bitterness came to strike me. I dropped my gaze again, letting the long bang of my hair covered half of my face.

 

“No. I haven’t heard anything.” I said then turned my back on SeungHo. I was trying to hold back my tears and distracting my thought by cleaning up my painting tools. But I’ve failed as I felt a pain creeping to my heart again.

 

The name… DooJoon… Yoon DooJoon… He was my boyfriend… or once he ever became my boyfriend.

 

It has been months since I broke up with DooJoon. A misunderstanding that had turned into something that broke us apart. Probably it was my mistakes too for being too busy with my works than to be with him. After I broke up with him, sometimes I thought for being a talented girl on arts was so annoying for me. But then, I must say that I was focused to my works after I broke up. Although, the thought of breaking up with him was still hurting me inside…

 

“AeGi?”

 

I heard SeungHo calling out my name. I turned to see him and saw his worrying face for me.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

His voice seemed to worry about me. It was even written on his face. I knew he was sincerely concerned about me. So I gave him my sincere smile, to let him know that I was alright.

 

“I’m fine. Thank you for your concern.”

 

SeungHo smiled gently and lowered his face as a slight of blush crept onto his face. I decided to turn again as I haven’t finished cleaning up my tools.

 

“AeGi…”

 

Once again I heard SeungHo calling my name. I chose not to turn to see him. But instead, I replied him with, “Yes?”

 

There was a break of silence before I heard him saying again, “I wonder, since you’ve been broke up with DooJoon. Will you go out with me?”

 

I stopped suddenly when I heard the question. I repeated the question inside of my mind.

 

Will. You. Go. Out. With. Me?

 

I raised my face to see the blank wide wall across of me. SeungHo had been closed with me since I broke up with DooJoon. I enjoyed his companion. He was a great friend. But I didn’t know whether I wanted him as my new boyfriend or not. Beside, I didn’t know if my feeling to DooJoon had changed.

 

I turned my body to face him and leaned on the table. “I don’t know, SeungHo.” I released a sigh. “I think I need some times to think about it.”

 

At a moment, I thought I saw a flash of disappointment came across his face. But then, he nodded as he understood my need. He stepped forward to be closer to me.

 

“Alright.” He took my hand and tucked my stranded hair back to my ear with his other hand. “Take your time to think about it.” He raised my hand to his lips and kissed the back of my fingers gently. “I’ll be waiting for you.”

 

I smiled and nodded. SeungHo was always good to me. But so did DooJoon…

 

---

Afterword:

Thank you for the subscribers so far... It really makes my day, seriously~

This is the chapter 1.. I hope you will enjoy the fic~

@blackorchid: I still confuse on which guy that I choose, but actually I also want both of them XDDD