The whole way

Shh... Don't Tell Anyone...

 

~~~~~Jonghyun’s POV~~~~~

 “No. No. It was a misunderstanding. You have to let me explain.” I wanted to tell her everything then and there. I wanted to hug her and I wanted to hold her and tell her that she was the one that I love. She looked so upset and sad and my heart was breaking. She didn’t even want to have eye contact with me.

“I think that’s my ten questions done.” She pulled the curtain and soon she was out of my sight, all I could see was her shadow.

Tears rolled down my eyes and I didn’t even bother holding them back. I laid down on my bed and looked at the rings. She gave them back without feeling anything. I looked to the ground and saw a piece of paper. I got out of my bed and picked it up. It was a blank piece of music sheet. I decided write my song on here. I guess I should write Jenny a song before I’m no longer someone important in my life.

 I decided to listen to Jenny’s advice and went out for a little walk until I bumped into the doctor.

“Doctor Bae!” I shouted as I ran up to the doctor that was treating me and Jenny.

“Oh, hello Mr. Kim. I hear that you’ve regained your memory. I guess you’ll be discharged in a couple of days.”

I nodded my head. “Excuse me, I was wondering why I’ve recovered before Jenny has.”

“Umm… maybe it’s because Jenny has something that she wanted to be forgotten and something very traumatic happened to her and so she just simply doesn’t want to remember it. Whether it’s good or not.”

Was it really that bad for her? Does she really hate me that much?

I bit my bottom lip and bowed to the doctor.  “Thank you. It’s getting late; I’m going to go back to bed now.”

“Good night Mr Kim.”

I walked back to my room. I looked over to Jenny’s side and saw her sleeping. I walked closer to her and moved her hair away from her face. Her face was wet and her looks were swollen. My heart ached.

“I’m so sorry Jenny ah; I didn’t mean to hurt you so much. I really hoped that you wouldn’t remember the bad things that happened. It hurts me to know that you want to push me away but I won’t let that happen. If you forgive me, I promise that I won’t ever let you ever hurt you that much ever again.”

I leant in and kissed Jenny on the forehead and went back to my bed. I picked up the music sheet and started working on a song.

~~~~~End of Jonghyun’s POV~~~~~

~~~~~Next morning~~~~~

“Miss Nguyen, please wake up. Your breakfast is here.” The nurse shook your arm softly and you slowly sat up.

“Eh?” you looked around looking confused. You then saw the breakfast tray and nodded to the nurse.

“Thank you.”

“Enjoy your breakfast Miss.” The nurse bowed to you and you bowed back and the nurse walked out.

You moved up to the table and saw that there was something on the table. It was Jonghyun’s phone and underneath it was a pile of paper.

You lifted up Jonghyun’s phone and curiously picked up the papers. You saw a posted note stuck on the top of the pile of paper. You curiously read it.

Jenny ah,

I don’t know if they will make things better but it’s worth trying.

Since you won’t meet me halfway, I’ll go the whole way to see you. Listen to the recordings on the phone while reading the lyrics. I numbered them just in case. XD

I love you <3

-Kim Jonghyun

P.S I’m probably sleeping when you read this, please don’t wake me up, I spent the whole night working on this Kekeke

You smiled. You picked up the phone and saw that there were three recordings. You picked up the first sheet and played the first recording.

Hey Jenny ah. This is the first song that you wrote when I knew you. If you don’t remember, you wrote it when we had a little competition. So here it is.

Jonghyun began singing “In My Room”. When it ended you clicked on the second recording.

Hello… again… *laughs* This is our first song together. It’s our song. I hope that you remember the good things about us.

Jonghyun began singing “Love’s Way”. Your eyes were teary when the song ended. You were starting to remember stuff about you and Jonghyun. You then clicked on the final recording.

*Sighs* I guess I should explain to you what happened. Yes, I did meet up with Hyuna and we did kiss but she started it and to be honest, even though we’ve only kissed twice, your kissed were like a billion gazillion times better. *laughs* Look, I love you and I really don’t want to let you go. Even if you get married to some other guy, I’ll still be chasing you because unlike Shin Woo from You’re Beautiful, I won’t let you go. I’ll keep going after you. Anyways, here’s the song. It’s called “Last Gift”.

As soon as I opened my eyes,
I disliked it…
To be honest… I didn’t want to believe it
Because saying goodbye forever
Can only leave you feeling strange…
I’m gasping for breath
I’m afraid my heart has stopped
How can I possibly believe you,
When you end our relationship without a warning?
I don’t know why
I can’t move on
My feet won’t move
It feels unreal today
One side of my heart aches
The ring I placed on your finger
Returns to my hand cold
I received my heart back in return
My LAST GIFT
Is this separation…
Will there be any memories left?
Like the time I met you right out of a movie scene
Is it because my memory left me?
Of that I’m suffering alone
I don’t know why
I can’t move on
It feels like you’ll come back
Perhaps right about now…
She’s going through a period of regret
I can’t even move my heart
The ring I placed on your finger
Returns to my hand cold
I received my heart back in return
My LAST GIFT
Was it yesterday when things started going to amiss?
Where did it all go wrong exactly?
My heart can’t let you go…
Is it really the end?
It’s not easy for me like my farewell greeting
My heart won’t become mine to control
I guess I’ll have to make an indefinite decision to forget you
So I can bear with it all
The ring I placed on your finger
Returns to my hand cold (I can’t let you go)
I received my heart back in return
My LAST GIFT
Is this separation…
Was it yesterday when things started going to amiss?
Where did it all go wrong exactly?
My heart can’t let you go…
Is it really the end?
You’re my one last love…

*Sniff* As you can probably tell, I was crying while singing this song to you. *Small laugh* Please forgive me. I don’t care if it takes a very long time, as long as you end up with me and we have our happily ever after, it’s fine with me. I love you.

You were in tears. You turned your head to the side and slowly pulled the curtain away. You looked over and saw Jonghyun sleeping, his eyes were swollen and his face was covered with dried up tears.

You calmed yourself down and wiped away the tears but they kept coming out. You stood up and grabbed all your things and put them in a bag. You got changed into some casual clothes and then you picked up Jonghyun’s phone.

You wiped the tears away with the sleeve of your jacket and you cleared your throat. You decided to record a message for Jonghyun.

After recording the message, you put the phone on Jonghyun’s desk. You grabbed your bags and walked out of room.

~~~~~Later on~~~~~

Jonghyun woke up and saw the phone on his table.

“She listened to it” Jonghyun smiled and let out a sigh of relief.

He noticed that the curtain was pulled away and looked down at your bed to see that you weren’t there.

He looked down sadly and nodded his head.

“She hasn’t forgiven me…” he then picked up the phone.

“A new recording?” he pressed play.

“Hey… *sniff* you can probably tell that I’ve been crying while listening to the last song *laughs* I just wanted to say thank you. I’ve gotten all my memories back thanks to you. *sniff* Even though not all were pleasant, it’s the pleasant ones that I remembered the most. *pause* Forgiving you… hmm… seeing as you tried so much. Yes. I forgive you. But I’m not too sure about you chasing after me until I end up with you. *laughs* You’ll make my future husband very angry. Whoever he is. *laughs* *sigh of relief* Well, I guess that’s all I have to say. Yeobo~~ Saranghaeyo~~ *laughs*”

Jonghyun’s face lit up. He jumped from his bed and quickly packed up his things.

“Must get home to Jenny. Stupid broken arm. I can’t change properly”

After changing. He quickly grabbed his things and ran down to the entrance and caught a taxi.

“Excuse me sir, can you please get there quickly? I have a really important meeting.” Jonghyun said in rush.

Once the taxi stopped, he opened the door and ran towards the entrance of the building.

“Sir. Sir! You left your bags in the taxi. Sir! You still have to pay me!” the taxi driver shouted out. Jonghyun turned around and he smiled.

“Sorry…” he walked over to the taxi driver and paid him and then went and took his bags out from the boot of the car. When the taxi drove away, Jonghyun dropped the bags and ran like fool into the building. He ran up many flights of stairs and finally reached your dorm. He knocked on your door and Jane opened the door.

“Jonghyun oppa…”

“Where’s Jenny?”

“She’s in the practice rooms”

“Thanks” Jonghyun ran all the way to the training room. He ran into room while the trainees were dancing and they all stared at him. Jonghyun straightened himself up and tried to act normal.

He cleared his throat and straightened his hair. “Do you guys know where Jenny is?”

The trainee just stared at him weirdly. “Umm… Jenny sunbae was here before but then she left…” said one of the trainees. Jonghyun ran up to the trainee and grabbed the arms.

“Did she say where she was going?”

“Sunbae… you’re scaring us…”

Jonghyun let go. “Sorry. But did she say where she was going?”

“Umm… I think she said that she’ll be going to SHINee’s dorm”

“Ok thanks” Jonghyun hugged the trainee and left the room. Everyone just stared at him as he bumped into this as he ran out.

“Do you think he caught the disease off Onew sunbae?” asked one of the trainees.

“Nahs… he’s in love” answered one of the other trainees.

Jonghyun ran all the way to his dorm and twisted the door knob but it was locked.

“Damn it, they decide to lock the door today?” Jonghyun banged on the door. “Guys! Let me in! Guys!”

Onew opened the door. “Hi to you too.”

“Sorry hyung but can you tell me where Jenny is?”

“Umm… I think she went to the recording studio to work with Boa noona”

“Thanks hyung.” Jonghyun then ran to the recording studio. Onew stood at the doorway when Key asked him. “Looking for Jenny?”

“Yeah”

“He’s so in love.” Onew and Key shook their heads and walked back into the dorm.

Jonghyun was out of breath when he reached the recording studio. He was puffing a lot. He walked into the recording studio and was catching his breath and Boa was looking at him weirdly.

“What are you doing here? You just got out of the hospital and you’re running around already?”

“Sorry noona. But… have you… seen… Jenny…?” said Jonghyun while trying to catch his breath.

“Umm… she said that she was going to be back at her dorm.”

Jonghyun’s eyes widened.

“Thanks noona. I should get going now.” Jonghyun turned around and started running like a maniac. He was apologising a lot as he bumped into people.

He finally reached your dorm. Before knocking on the door, he straightened out his clothes and fixed his hair. He then caught his breath. He rang the doorbell.

He looked down and whispered. “Please don’t tell me she went off somewhere. Please don’t tell me she went off somewhere. Please don’t tell me she went off somewhere. Oh please don’t tell me she went off somewhere. Pray that she’s at home. Please be at home. Please don’t tell me she went off-”

“Don’t tell you what?” you asked him as you opened the door. Jonghyun put his head up and smiled widely. He hugged you tightly.

“Aren’t you worried about your arm?” you asked him.

He shook his head and you laughed. You hugged him back. “You went the whole way for me”

“Of course I would! I told you I would and besides, you said ‘yeobo’ to me.” Jonghyun said happily. You laughed.

“I thought it was about time I did.” You said smiling. “Jonghyun ah, don’t you think it’s time you can let go of me?”

“Sorry yeobo~” Jonghyun said happily as he stopped hugging you. “Oh! Remember how’d you always talk about karma punishing for doing wrong?”

“Yes…”

“Well, I think you should come and see this.” Jonghyun grabbed your hand and pulled you away. “Let me explain. I couldn’t stand seeing the fact that you were being hurt by Hyuna and I know that you hate fakes and that you want them exposed.”

“Yeah… and…”

“Hyuna’s real self is revealed now.”

“Eh? How?”

“You’ll just have to wait and see.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Sniff* *Sniff* This fanfic is going to end soon... *Cries* :'(