And so, a new song is made

Shh... Don't Tell Anyone...

You walked to your suitcase and started taking out your clothes and putting them into the closet in your designated room.

You were organising your things when you heard someone close the door.

“Oh, it must be my dorm mate.” You walked out the room. “Hi! I’m Jenny. My sister and I are your new dorm mates.” You walked up to her with a smile.

“Hi” she said straight out, her voice was just the one tone.

“Um... so what’s your name?”

“Nina” the girl replied, she walked towards her room. “Well, welcome to this dorm, this is my room, I’m walking into it. This is the door, I’m closing it. Good bye.” She closed the door leaving you standing out in the living room all by yourself.

“Well... that went well...” you said to yourself. “Maybe Jane is doing better than I am.”

~~~~~Jane’s POV~~~~~

 “Goodbye Miss Han.” I bowed and she walked away. I opened the door and saw Jenny sleeping on the couch. Seriously, she can sleep anywhere. She looks so uncomfortable. How can she sleep like that? I walked over to her and shook her.

“I SWEAR I DIDN’T TAKE THE COOKIES!” she screamed out. I was shocked and I jumped back. “Oh, hey Jane, how was Korean classes?”

“Alright I guess…” Far out. I almost had a heart attack because of her. “Why were you dreaming about cookies? It’s like 7 something.”

~~~~~End of Jane’s POV~~~~~

“7 something? What is the something?” you quickly stood up.

“Um… 46?” Jane said slowly, trying to figure out what you were saying.

“Aish!” You ran to the door and grabbed your keys, phone and iPod.

“Jenny! What’s the matter?” Jane asked. You popped your head back into the room.

“Um… there’s instant noodle in the cupboard and the dorm mate is here but she seems like she tired. Bye!”

You went out the door before Jane could say bye to you.

“Damn… the contest is at 8. Where do I go? Did we even arrange a meeting place?” you said to yourself. You knocked on the door of Sang Hee, Vicky and Hyun Ji’s room.

Vicky opened the door.

“Hey Jenny, what’s up?”

“Do you know where SHINee’s dorm is?” you said, sounding desperate. Vicky looked at you with her eyes wide open.

“Um… do you?” you asked.

“Why?” Vicky looked at you suspiciously.

“I need to do something with Jonghyun.” You said. Vicky started giggling. You looked at her with a confused look.

“Um… it’s that way… just keep going straight… and when you reach the end, turn left… it’s the first room on the right…” she said, giggling while saying it.

“Thanks Vicky” you waved goodbye to her and ran down the hallway.

“You’re not even trying to keep it a secret…” Vicky laughed to herself as she shook her head and closed the door.

You ran to the end of the hallway and turned the corner when you bumped into someone. You looked up and saw Jonghyun.

“Looks like the servant came on time.” He smirked at you.

“You’re lucky you know my secret.” You gave him a glare.

“Right… because having a clumsy servant is totally the best” you looked at him with annoyance.

“Whatever, let’s just start the contest. Where should we do it?”

“In my old dorm.”

“Well, ladies first.” You smiled and gestured that Jonghyun should go first.

“Then I guess none of us should go first.” Jonghyun smiled evilly.

“That’s right, because I’m a girl.”

“Whatever follow me like a good servant would.”

Jonghyun started walking soon you two reached a dorm.

“Yah, there’s barely anyone here in this part of the building.” You said.

“Well thanks for pointing that out Captain Obvious”

“You’re welcome, Captain Sarcasm” you smiled at him. “What are you planning to do?”

“Having a contest with you what else?”

You eyed him suspiciously.

“Get in.”

“Why can’t we do this in a public place?” you asked, not want to go inside.

“Because it’s going to disturb us. Now get in.” Jonghyun was already inside and he the lights. You hesitantly walked in and looked around the room; you were surprised at how clean it was.

“Why doesn’t it have cobwebs and like dust everywhere?”

“Because I like to keep my space clean.”

“Your space?”

“Yes. My space. Now follow me.”

Jonghyun walked into a room and you followed him. It was filled with music sheets and post it notes. You decided to read them.

You can do it! Failure does not exist with determination. Just a little bit longer. Success is near! Do it for the future fans!

You laughed at the last one.

“What?” Jonghyun asked you. You pointed to the last post it note.

“Do it for the future fans? Really?”

“Why not?”

You shook your head in disbelief. “So how do you want me to smash you?”

“Hm… don’t you mean, me smashing you?”

“Yeah, me smashing you.”

“We’ll come up with lyrics for this. I came up with the melody and well, let’s say…” Jonghyun looked up at his wall clock. “we have an hour to do the lyrics for this song.”

“Yah! That’s not fair! You heard the melody before, for all I know, you could have already written the lyrics you protested.

“Hey, I might be a lot of things but I’m definitely not a cheater.”

“Sure whatever, let me hear the melody.”

Jonghyun pulled out his iPod and passed one of the earphones to you. You put it in your ears and the melody started playing. You subconsciously moved your head to the music while closing your eyes and without knowing it, Jonghyun smiled as he looked at you. When the music stopped, you opened your eyes and Jonghyun snapped out of his ‘trance’.

“Ok. Let’s start!” you grabbed a piece of paper on his desk and sat on his bed.

“Yah. Not my bed.”

“Why not your bed? Anyways, who says it’s your bed? I don’t see your name on it. Get back to writing the lyrics.”

You looked around the room but nothing came to mind. You saw Jonghyun lying down on his stomach on the ground and biting the end of his pencil as if he’s thinking and started smiling.

“Hm… how would I usually do this? Let’s start with the tempo. The tempo is slow, so let’s make it a break up song. Now, some inspiration. This room seems like the perfect thing.” You thought to yourself. You started scribbling down the lyrics.

About half an hour later, you were done and reading some more posted notes on the wall.

Aja Aja Fighting! Umma, appa and noona would be so proud. You have a voice of an angel. Your girlfriend would be proud of you.

“He had a girlfriend? Pssh. Who would like him?” you muttered to yourself.

“Can you be quiet? I’m trying to concentrate.”

“Well I’m already done. I’m just waiting for Mr. I’m taking me time.”

“Yeah? Well… I’m done.”

“Well let’s swap lyrics. We’ll evaluate each others. And no unreasonable stuff.” You said as you gave Jonghyun your lyrics.

~~~~~Jonghyun’s POV~~~~~

Crap. Why did I bring this up? She’s going to win for sure but I have to play along like as if I’m the best at writing lyrics.

I grabbed her lyrics and looked at the title; In My Room. In her room? What might be in there? Posters?

*Note, Jenny wrote the lyrics in Korean, but it’s like translated*

I close my eyes in this sleepless night

And recollect my thoughts of you

I hate myself, who knew nothing

I turn on the lights and look around my room

My eyes come to a halt as I look at the dimly lit spot

Where I put that birthday present I didn't throw away

and everything of you

 

Cause you were my sun, the moon

You were my everything and

Everything in my room seems to miss you

If I get tired putting myself in harm's way to find you

And forget for a moment

Our hidden memories still linger

Cause you're still in my room

 

Wandering the sea of life, all the lost dreams

Are in the corners of my desk drawers

You were hidden within them

(ON) A picture of you I found in a box, under a layer of dust

A love letter filled with my young heart

And everything of you

 

Cause you were my sun, the moon

You were my everything and

Everything in my room seems to miss you

If I get tired putting myself in harm’s way to find you

And forget for a moment

Our hidden memories still linger

Cause you're still in my room

 

Even if I throw it away,

Again and again

I want to call you

And see you smiling in front of me

I want to keep you right here

 

Cause you were my sun, the moon

You were my everything and

Everything in my room seems to miss you

If I get tired putting myself in harm’s way to find you

And forget for a moment

Our hidden memories still linger

Cause you're still in my room

Whoa. That’s all I can say. Her lyrics are so… where does she get her inspiration? I looked up at her. She was reading my lyrics and nodding her head while mouthing my lyrics. I smiled at her. For some reason, at that moment, she didn’t look like someone who would go off at me, she looked calm and beautiful. My heart is beating so quickly, could it be… the cardiovascular workout I had before? I mean, my heart sure is bumping so quickly.

~~~~~End of Jonghyun’s POV~~~~~