You're not who I thought you were...

Shh... Don't Tell Anyone...

 

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

“Aiya… didn’t we already talk about this? Oppa’s name is Doo Joon.” I looked up and saw Doo Joon joking around with Chaeyeon. They seemed really close. My eyes widened in shock. I didn’t know what to say or do. I thought Doo Joon was a mean guy who was a player. I guess I shouldn’t judge people before I got to know him. I still have my doubts though...

“Um... w-w-w-when did you, you, come here?” I stuttered. Damn it, why am I stuttering?

He rubbed the back of his head and smiled. “Well... I’ve been here for a while, it’s just I decided to go after school today.”

“Ah... well... you seem really close to Chaeyeon.”

“Yep, oppa is my favourite!” said Chaeyeon excitedly. That’s weird. I used to be her favourite. I pouted and frowned.

“Yah... I’m your favourite!” I stomped my feet on the spot.

“hehehe. Don’t worry unni. You’ll be my favourite unni and he’ll be my favourite oppa.” Chaeyeon pointed to Doo Joon.

“Ok! Everybody, it’s time to do your homework!” Jae Won yelled out at me. He’s older than me but I don’t call him oppa because we’re both from Australia so we’re kind of used to not using honorifics.

“Jae Won!” I yelled out as I ran up to him.

“Hey Jenny! So you’re not late today. That’s great to know, now let’s do that every time yeah?” I lightly punched his arm and he pretended to be in a lot of pain.

“Who’s this?” Jae Won pointed to Doo Joon. How weird, I thought Jae Won knew him since Doo Joon seemed like he’s been here quite some time.

“Hi, I’m Doo Joon. I’ve been here a couple of time but I’ve just hanged out with the kids.” Doo Joon and Jae Won smiled and shook hands with one another.

“Here, I’ll show you around then.” Jae Won and Doo Joon walked into the kitchen and I stood there on my own. Ok, did Jae Won just leave me here, on my own?

I stood in the middle of the yard alone, until I heard a noise coming from the playroom. I slowly walked over and I prepared myself for someone who wasn’t a kid. I turned the corner to see a guy in a hoodie and sunglasses. I punched him and he fell down onto the ground.

“Yah! Who are you? And why are you here stalking little kids you pedo!” I screamed out at the top of my lungs.

He slowly stood up and I got into my defence position. He groaned in pain and pointed at me.

“You! I hate you!” Right... he expects me to care?

“I hate you too! You pedo!”

“I have a date tonight!” he pointed at me again.

“Right, is she deaf, mute and blind?” What person in their right mind would go out with someone like him?

“No! She isn’t any of that. Don’t talk about my girlfriend like that. Aish... I have to postpone this date. I can’t turn up to the date looking like this...” he let out a sigh. That’s when I realised that his voice sounded familiar. I can’t put a name to it though.

“Who are you?”

“Why would you care?” he backed away.

“Well... you come to an orphanage and there’s four reasons to why that would be.” I put up four of my fingers.

“And what would that be?”

“One, you’re a e. Two, you’re planning to adopt a kid. Three, you’re planning to give up a kid or four, you’re stalking me.” I eyed him through his sunglasses.

“I’m not a pedo! No way am I adopting a kid. It’s impossible for me to give up a kid cause I don’t have one and I’m not stalking you or anyone.”

“Then why are you here?” I crossed my arms and wait for an answer.

“Well... I ... urgh... was taking a rest from a jog.” Suddenly, I recognised his voice, it was Jonghyun the jerk that knows my secret. Why would he be here.

“Give up the act, I know who you are. Jonghyun.” He backed away from me and then he turned around and started running. What a weird one.

I helped Jae Won make dinner for the kids while Doo Joon hanged out with the kids. The whole time I was cooking, I couldn’t help but look at Doo Joon play with the kids.

“Hello?” I snapped out of my thoughts to see Jae Won waving his hand in front of my face, I quickly moved it away.

“What? Huh?”

“Jenny, why are you staring at Doo Joon?”

“What?! I wasn’t staring at him.” I scoffed and turned around. My face started to feel hot; I felt all the blood get to my face.

“You so were.”

“No!” I quickly walked over to the pot and accidentally knocked the pans over and then falling to the ground.

I was covered in food and I spelt like kimchi. Tasty kimchi. Mmm...

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~