Variety Shows!!! :D

Shh... Don't Tell Anyone...

 

You and Jonghyun were just sitting on the sofa watching You’re Beautiful when Jonghyun turned to you and looked at you.

“Can’t stop staring at my beauty yeah?” you asked him.

Jonghyun laughed. “I’m just taking in the moment. Anyways, I have something for you.” Jonghyun put his hand under a cushion.

“You wrote me another song?” you asked him.

“No. I got something for you and for me.” Jonghyun smiled.

“What is it?”

Jonghyun quickly pulled out his hand from under the cushion and put his hand curled up in front of your face.

“What’s in it?”

Jonghyun teased you but opening his hand slowly but then closed it before you could see what’s inside.

“Yah” you grabbed his hand and opened them yourself. “Rings? Why would I need two rings?”

“One’s for me, and one’s for you. They’re couple rings.”

“Wouldn’t it be suspicious? I mean, I know people catch on these things really quickly.”

“Not if we wear it on our index finger.” Jonghyun one ring and put it on his index finger and you did the same.

“Aish… couple rings, how cliché” you said looking at the ring on your finger. You didn’t mean it in a bad way, you were just teasing Jonghyun.

“Fine then, I’ll just take it back.” Jonghyun grabbed your hand and was about to take it off but you yanked your hand away.

“I didn’t say I didn’t like it.” You said protecting the ring with your other hand.

Jonghyun smiled. “Anyways, if anyone asks, we could just say it’s a coincidence.”

“Alright” you answered.

“Now, shall we continue on with the drama?” Jonghyun asked you.

“Sure” you and Jonghyun got comfortable and continued watching the dramas.

~~~~~Skip a 5 weeks~~~~~

It’s been 2 weeks since your group debuted. You are preparing for a variety show called Star King.

“Unni! Our first variety show, isn’t that cool?!” Vicky said excitedly in her chair.

“I know aye? Apparently, one of us is going to have to dance with some really good looking guys.” Said Sang Hee excitedly. Everyone rolled their eyes at her.

“Dynamite, let’s go. We have to have a mic check for everyone. All members to the set.” Said your manager.

You and your members went to the set and you saw Jonghyun already sitting down next to Key. Jonghyun smiled at you and you smiled back, you didn’t do anything else just in case it got suspicious.

You finally put on the microphone and you sat down in your assigned seat which was in the front row. This is organised ahead so that later your members can dance later on. While waiting for the show to start, you were just smiling and waving to the crowd.

Jonghyun kicked your back slightly and you turned around.

“You know what? I think we should start a rumour that is real.” Jonghyun whispered to you while covering his mouth.

“What?” you leaned in closer to him because you couldn’t hear him.

“I think we should start a rumour that’s real” Jonghyun still covered his mouth and you leaned in closer to him.

“What?”

“I think we should start a rumour that’s real but we keep the netizens guessing.” Said Jonghyun, this time you heard it and you moved back.

“Yah. Do you really want it to be public that badly?” you asked him.

“I think I have the right to show off my girlfriend don’t I?” You rolled your eyes at Jonghyun and face palmed yourself. Jonghyun copied you and face palmed himself.

“Right…” you gave him a weird look.

“Can you two end the conversation later? The show is starting.” Key interrupted.

“Sorry…” you and Jonghyun said at the same time. You turned around and excitedly smiled at your other members.

The staff cued that the cameras were now recording and now that show started.

“Welcome to Star King!” said Kang Ho Dong excitedly.

Everyone clapped and cheered.

“Today we have new super rookie group, Dynamite!”

Everyone was clapping and everyone in your group was smiling and waving to the cameras and audience. “And we have SHINee’s Jonghyun and Key!”

They were even more clapping. “And we have Z:EA’s Kevin and Kwang Hee!” Everyone was cheering.

“And then we have these people.” said Ho Dong unenthusiastically which caused the whole studio to laugh.

“I’m still popular you know!” said Jung Juri (she’s a comedian who’s known for loving male idols TOO much xD)

“Please stop” said the person sitting next to her.

“Ok! Let’s get the show started! Our first contestants are from Australia and they are a dance crew.” Ho Dong introduced. “Please welcome Justice Crew!” (They’re a real dance crew and you should check them out)

The dancers came out from backstage and started dancing. They were really great and you watched them with admiration. Then, one of the members of the crew came out to your group members and started dancing near them. You got embarrassed at how close they were and you turned away. Then one of the members grabbed your hand and pulled you up. You were surprised and they started to dance around you and you didn’t know what to do but smiled and clap along with the song. Later on, they also pulled Sang Hee up as well.

“Dance! Dance! Dance!” the members chanted out. One of the members went to the middle and did a small dance and looked over to you and Sang Hee. You knew they wanted you to copy so you tried to copy it and then, they kept dancing and you and Sang Hee followed them until you both got the hang of the dance but then the song was almost over so you waved bye to them and went to sit back down. You saw Jonghyun’s face and he didn’t look so happy. You smiled.

The song ended and everyone was clapping and cheering.

“Whoa! What a performance! Let’s give them another cheer!” said Kang Ho Dong. “I would like to ask you why you came here.” the interpreter asked the members in English but one of the members came out and replied in Korean,

“We came here because we heard that Jenny was going to be here so we decided to come and perform for her.”

People ‘oh’ed and were whispering with one another.

“Why?”

“Because we love her Australian style and she’s from Australia so of course we have to come over here and give her some support.”

“I’m from Australia too.” said Kevin from Z:EA.

“But you’re a guy.” Replied the member. Kevin looked down looking upset and this caused everyone to laugh.

“So then why did get Sang Hee?” Ho Dong asked.

“She looks pretty.” Replied the member causing Sang Hee to blush like crazy.

“Well thank you Justice Crew!”

“Thank you!” they said in unison in Korean and they went back stage.

The rest of the show went on and soon it ended. You were behind the studio when Kevin approached you.

“Hey!” Kevin said in English.

“Oh, hi! Your name is Kevin right?” you asked him.

“Yeah.” He nodded and smiled. “It’s great hearing an Australian accent. It’s been awhile since I’ve heard one.”

“I know how you feel, all the people I know who speak English are either from America, Canada or learning it the American way of pronouncing words.” You said laughing a little.

“Yeah” Kevin nodded his head. “They say MOM instead of MUM.”

You laughed. “Yeah, and they think I’m the weird one.”

“I completely understand, my members think I’m weird when I say mobile phone instead of cell phone.”

“I know aye? Mobile phones sound much more reasonable.” You said. You saw Jonghyun looking at you from far away. “I’m really sorry, I have to go. Chat with you some other time yeah? Bye.”

“Bye” Kevin smiled at you as you turned around and walked away. You walked a few steps but stopped and turned around and yelled out, “AUSTRALIA PRIDE!” while punching the air with your fist. Kevin laughed and yelled back, “AUSTRALIA PRIDE!” you then turned around and ran to Jonghyun, who now looked like he was going to explode.

“Hey!”

“When I said to start a rumour, I didn’t mean to start it with Kevin Kim.” Jonghyun frowned.

“How does it look like I started a rumour with him?”

“You were talking and laughing. What else does that look like?” he asked you.

“Um… two people talking and laughing?” you asked him.

“Jenny ah, he’s jealous.” Said Key who was fixing his hair in front of the mirror.

“Oh, so this is what your grumpy face was about, you’re jealous?” you laughed at him.

“What? Today, a large group of guys dance around my girlfriend and then after wards another guys talks to her and they’re laughing happily.”

“How else would you laugh? Laughing sadly?” you asked him.

“Hmph!” Jonghyun crossed his arms and acted like a kid who was upset.

“Aww… come on… don’t be upset…” you tried to cheer him up by doing silly faces you could see him smiling but he pretended not to.

“Fine… since you don’t want to talk to me, I guess I should just go and talk to Kevin OPPA then” you emphasised on ‘oppa’. Jonghyun turned around.

“You call him oppa but not me?!”

You stuck your tongue out at him, “Mehrong!” you then smiled innocently.

“Jenny! Come here, I want to take a group photo and put it up on my twitter.” Said Hyun Ji.

“Ok unni” you ran to Hyun Ji and took a photo with the other Dynamite members and you also took the group picture with Kevin and Kwang Hee.

After this, you had another schedule at another variety show, Family Outing (Season 1). It was only you and Sang Hee because the other members didn’t want people see their no makeup faces. You and Sang Hee went to on a separate car to the other members.

“This is so exciting! It’s our second variety show in a day. I’m so happy!” Sang Hee said happily.

“I know! I’ve always watched variety shows and I’ve always dreamed of going on Family Outing and now I get to. This is so awesome!” you jumped up in your seat.

“It sounds like we only became idols to go on variety shows.” You and Sang Hee laughed.

You two decided to sleep for a while because the filming place was somewhere in the country side.

“Jenny-sshi, Sang Hee-sshi, we’re about 5 minutes from filming location.” One of the staff members shook you and Sang Hee slightly.

“Eh? We’re here?” you asked confused and rubbing your eyes slightly.

“No, we’re almost here, I just woke you two up so you can look awake when we start filming.” replied the staff.

“Oh, thank you.” said Sang Hee.

“No problem.”

The car stopped and you could already hear Yoo Jae Suk talking. You opened the door, stepped out and Sang Hee followed out behind you.

“Whoa! Idols! This is so Dynamite!” said Jae Suk. Yoon Yong Shin looked excited to see you and Sang Hee.

“Anneonghaseyo” you and Sang Hee bowed.

“We’re two thirds of Dynamite” you said smiling. The two men laughed.

“I can see a future in variety shows for you.” Jae Suk complimented you.

“Ah… Kasamhamnida.” You bowed again.

“Oh! There’s another car.” Sang Hee pointed out to a car driving towards the filming set.

“It’s Hyori’s car.” said Jae Suk sounding disappointed.

The car stopped and Jae Suk and Jong Shin went to the door.

“Please open the door!” Lee Hyori shouted out from inside the car. Jae Suk and Jonghyun opened the door for her and she stepped out. She smiled but then the smile went away when she saw you and Sang Hee.

“Aish… more idols…” she said crossing her arms.

“Anneonghaseyo” you and Sang Hee bowed to her.

“Don’t worry, she’s just like this because now, she’ll be third or fourth place.” Said Jae Suk causing everyone to laugh.

“Whose car is that? We’ve never seen this before.” Said Jong Shin.

“You’re livelier today.” Said Hyori who stood there with her arms crossed.

The car stopped and the door slowly opened, stepping out slowly was Jonghyun. He nervously stepped out and bowed to everyone.

“Yeah! Idols!” Hyori said excitedly.

“You change your mind quickly.” Said Jae Suk.

“Jonghyun ah, noona will look after you.” said Hyori ignoring Jae Suk.

 After waiting some time, everyone arrived but Dae Sung.

“Oh, where is Dae Sung?” asked Kim Soo Ro.

“I’m here!” Dae Sung came out from behind a tree and surprised everyone. Dae Sung and Jae Suk were hugging and jumping up and down.

“Wah! Female guests!” Dae Sung said excitedly.

“Ok, let’s start walking to the house; we have a map that the grandma and grandpa drew for us.” Said Jae Suk, handing the map to you.

“Um… okay…” you grabbed the map and started walking in the direction that the elders drew. Jonghyun was standing next to you and Sang Hee was walking with Dae Sung.

When it was time for the ‘family’ to collect some vegetables, Jonghyun teamed out up with you and you two started collecting the vegetables. You both didn’t realise it but you two were getting a little bit too far away from the rest of the group.

It was time to choose rankings and the guys had to start off first. The older guys like Jae Suk, Jong Shin and Kim Soo Ro didn’t bother to participate because they knew they didn’t stand a chance, so it was only Jonghyun, Dae Sung and Chun Hee.

“Yah, Chun Hee, you don’t stand a chance.” Soo Ro said to Chun Hee. Everyone laughed.

“Chun Hee, you should just quit. Girls these days, go for the young guys.” Said Hyori.

“Alright, let’s start off with Jonghyun-sshi.” Everyone clapped. You smiled at Jonghyun and mouthed to him, ‘fighting’. Jonghyun smiled and started singing ‘Because of You’ by Ne-Yo. When he finished, everyone looked at him in admiration and clapped.

“Ok! My turn!” Dae Sung then started dancing comically to your group’s song. This caused everyone to laugh and you started to join in. The music stopped and it was Chun Hee’s turn but he just walked to the older people.

“I don’t stand a chance.” He said sounding disappointed.

“Alright! Now it’s the ladies’ turn.” Said Jae Suk.

“Throughout the whole show, I’ve seen Hyori unni do SHINee’s Lucifer dance so I think I should try and do that too.” you said.

“Yeah!” said Dae Sung and Jae Suk earning them death glares from Hyori.

The music started and you started dancing and people dancing along to it, Jae Suk and Chun Hee were trying to dance to it as well but it didn’t look as good. Soon, you got Sang Hee to join in with you and you two danced really well causing the males to look at you in awe.

“Whoa. Let’s so dynamite!” said Jae Suk.

“When are you going to stop using that?” Hyori asked coldly.

“Since Jenny and Sang Hee teamed up, Hyori and Ye Jin should team up too.” Jong Shin suggested.

“Ok.” Hyori and Ye Jin stepped out to the front and started dancing to ‘U-Go-Girl’ by Hyori. They didn’t get as much cheers as you and Sang Hee did but you were still cheering for them. The song ended and they walked back to where they were standing before.

It was time to pick the rankings and this is how it went, (1st to last)

Males- Jonghyun, Dae Sung, Chun Hee, Jong Shin, Jae Suk and Soo ro.
Females- You, Sang Hee, Ye Jin and Hyori.

Everyone was happy except for Hyori because earlier on, she had an alliance with Jong Shin, Jae Suk and Soo Ro to pick her but it didn’t turn out well. She was sitting outside until you begged and pulled her into the room.

You were sitting down inside the room when you saw the camera.

“Oh! There’s a camera in here!” you said excitedly and you quickly stood up and went over to the camera.

“Aigoo… even when she’s not trying to be cute, she’s cute.” said Jae Suk.

“Oh! Oppa! There’s a camera in here!” Hyori tried to sound cute but she was ignored by everyone.

After inspecting the camera, you walked away and released that the camera moved.

“Whoa… it moves…” you sat in front of the camera and moved from side to side and waited for the camera to move along with you.

“Let’s confuse it.” Said Jonghyun as he walked up to the camera and moved the opposite way to you. This time, the camera didn’t move. You turned to Jonghyun and high fived him.

Hyori got angry and pulled you back to your sleeping spot. “It’s time to sleep now.”

“Good night everyone” said Jae Suk.

“Good night!” everyone replied back.

Everyone was lying quietly for 10 minutes until Soo Ro broke the silence. “I can’t believe I lost to Jae Suk.” Causing everyone to giggle and laugh. Once again, everyone rested and fell asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! If you're wondering why Hyori is not very nice, it's just because it's for the show. If you watch Family Outing you'll realise that she's usually like this, but it's only for the fun of the show. It's just to add humour, please do not take her as a bad person in this fanfic. :)