Prank on Jenny

Shh... Don't Tell Anyone...

 

~~~~~Jane’s POV~~~~~

Sighs. It’s so boring here. I can’t talk to anyone because everyone here speaks Korean and I can’t speak to my dorm mate because she left the dorm early. Speaking of leaving the dorm, Jenny unni left the dorm last night but didn’t come back and when I asked her who she was with, all she would say was that she was staying over at her friend’s house. She said the guy sounded gay but he didn’t on the phone, the voice sounded familiar too which is strange because I don’t know many people who can speak English, but not very well because, his pronunciation was off.

The door opened and I looked up.

“Hi! I’m Jane and you are…” I put out my hand.

“Nina.” She shook my hand. The girl looked familiar, too familiar. Like my best friend who left without a trace.

“Nina?”

“Yes…”

“Is your last name Lau?”

“Yes?” It’s her! My best friend.

“Nina, don’t you remember me? It’s me Jane!” When I said that, her eyes were wide open.

“J-J-J-J-Jane…” she stuttered. “Y-Y-Y-You still remember me?”

“Well of course I do! Why are you so grumpy nowadays? Yesterday, you sounded as if you were going to punch me if I spoke to you for more than 5 seconds.”

“I’m so sorry for leaving you without saying anything!” she went you and hugged me. She seemed like she’s been hiding a lot of pain lately.

“It’s okay. I’m okay but you don’t seem okay.” I patted her back and got her to sit down while I got her a cup of water.

“Jane, how did you recognise me? My whole image changed.”

“But I’m your best friend; I can even recognise you if you were a zombie and half of your face were bitten off.” I joked and she laughed weakly.

I handed her the cup of water. “Why were you so cold towards my sister and me?”

“I didn’t want to get close because every time, I get close to someone, they always debut before I do. All my previous dorm mates have debuted before me.” Tears were filling up her eyes.

“It’s ok. You’ll debut soon and when you do, I’ll give you my full support.” She gave me a weak smile.

“I’m sorry, I left without saying anything. It’s just that, I was moving to Korea to become a trainee and well… I had to get rid of my past and you were part of my past so I had to leave.”

“You left me 6 years ago. You were a trainee for 6 years?”

She slowly nodded her head. “Don’t worry. You’ll debut soon and this isn’t one of those make-you-feel-better things. I really mean it.” She smiled at me and tears fell from her eyes.

“Jane.”

“Yeah?”

“Thank you.”

“No problems. Now, to get you off your stress. Let’s do what we used to do when we were 10.”

“You mean…”

I smiled and nodded my head. “Give Jenny’s room a makeover.” I gave her an evil smirk and she gave one back to me. We slowly made our way to Jenny unni’s room and we reached the door. She was at school so we didn’t bother doing our check-if-she’s-there procedure. I opened the door and we slowly tip toed into her room. I looked at her and point to the bed. We quickly ran to the bed and we started moving it to the other side of the room. Unfortunately, her drawers were there so we had to move it. After moving all her furniture around, I thought that it was missing something.

“Why don’t we give her a scare when she goes to sleep?” I suggested.

“And how do we do that?”

“Three words. One person. One movie. Robert Patterson, Twilight.”

“You mean… Jane you are still the evil little sister I know.”

“I mean. Now, how do we get a poster of him?”

“I know! Let’s go” Nina grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the dorm and we were running and soon, we were in some kind of shopping centre.

“Where are we?”

“We’re in a mall. Anyways, let’s pick out our perfect Edward Cullen poster.” Nina led me over to this poster shop and we were looking for the Twilight poster.

I was looking through the posters and I found the perfect one. His face took up the whole poster and the poster was quite big. It was about 1m by 1.5m, I have no idea why anyone would make such a poster but I guess they knew I was going to do this.

“I found the perfect one!” I pulled it out and walked over to Nina and showed her the poster.

“Oh my god! My eyes!” she quickly rolled it up and walked over to the counter.

She paid for it and we walked out the store, smiling mischievously. This time, we were talking and walking back to the dorms so the trip took three times longer. We finally reached the dorm and we walked into Jenny unni’s new room. I jumped on her bed to figure out where the poster will go while Nina went and got sticky tape.

“Jane here.” Nina handed me the sticky tape.

“Nina, help me.” Nina jumped on the bed and held up the poster for me while I taped all around the border of the poster, so it’ll take her some time to take it off.

“I can’t wait to see your sister’s face.”

“Well it’s the same all the time isn’t it? She sees her room and she gets shocked and then she does something clumsy and then we laugh.” Nina laughed. I jumped off the bed and we walked towards the door so we can have a better look at the new room.

“We did an awesome job.” I said as I smiled.

“Yeah.” We high-fived each other and we sat down on the couch to watch to some TV. Well, we were just watching Arirang because I couldn’t watch the other shows.

“Hello?!” I turned around to see Jenny looking at me and Nina confused.

“Oh, Jenny, remember my best friend when I was 10 year old? That’s her!” I pointed to Nina.

“Oh, Hi Nina, whoa, you look so different. I didn’t recognise you before. Well, it’s good to see Jane has made friends . Jenny walked past me and ruffled my hair.

“Unni! Don’t do that!”

“Don’t worry, we gave her room a makeover.” Nina whispered into my ear. I laughed and Jenny unni turned around.

“What?” I put my finger on my lips.

“Nothing.” Nina and I giggled. We turned around and continued watching the TV when…

“Jane Nguyen! What did you do to my room?!”

Jenny unni looked at me as if laser beams were coming out of her eyes.  

“Sorry, I had to do it to cheer Nina up.” I looked at her with my puppy eyes.

“You know when you do that, it looks more like fish not a puppy?” Jenny pointed at me. She let out a sigh, “But since it was a reunion between you and your best friend, I’ll let it go.” I eyed her suspiciously.

“You promise?”

“Yes, I pinky promise. She walked up to me and held out her pinky. I hooked my pinky around hers and she promised to let it go.

“Well I’ll leave you two to catch up with one another.” She turned around and walked to the bathroom.

“I guess she hasn’t seen the poster.” I said to Nina quietly. We both laughed at the thought of seeing Jenny unni’s reaction.

~~~~~End of Jane’s POV~~~~~