The Aftermath

Shh... Don't Tell Anyone...

 

You were walking some time until you felt something on your shoulders. You stopped and hoped that it was a jacket or something that Jonghyun put on your shoulders. You touched and it was anything but a jacket.

You looked at your hands and saw bird poop. “Oh come on!” you looked up at the tree. “You guys are seriously mean.” Then some more bird poop fell from the tree and landed on your jacket. You heard some laughter coming from the trees and you turned around.

“Laugh all you want. I don’t really care anymore.” You over to a taps and washed your hands. “Aish. Stupid birds can’t do anything for good. Always pooping here and there. Useless piece of-” you said under your breath before someone interrupted you.

“Whoa, being hit with bird poo three times in a row. You’re really unlucky.” You turned around and saw Jonghyun.

“Not in the mood.”

“Aww... you’re not fighting back?” you turned off the tap and walked over to Jonghyun.

“Look.” You said in an angry tone. “I’m not in the mood to argue you with you alright? I just got dumped by some jerk that I thought was nice but actually mean and I was humiliated in front of the whole grade!” you shouted out in Jonghyun’s face. His face turned serious.

“Yeah?! Well my girlfriend dumped me for another guy and all this time, she was just playing with me!! So don’t complain about how your life is all bad!!”

You were about to continue yelling but stopped. After Jonghyun finished yelling he was breathing heavily.

“Oh…” you and Jonghyun said at the same time. You two awkwardly looked at one another.

“So… I’m guessing you have your issues too.” you said quietly. Jonghyun nodded his head and scratched the back of his head.

“So um… the girl that people were laughing at was you?”

“Well nah.” You let out a sigh. “I feel so stupid. Why on earth did I accept his confession? If I can even call it that.”

“Nah. I feel even more stupid. She taught me how to love and it turns out what we had was just…” Jonghyun paused.

“Fake?” you finished it off.

“Yeah.”

You took off your jacket and looked at it looking with disgust.

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

I took off my jacket which was now covered in bird poop. Stupid birds. Can’t do anything but sit there and poop on people. When I took it off, I was hoping that Jonghyun was going to be a gentleman and give me his jacket but I was. So wrong.

“If you’re thinking of me giving you my jacket, then you can dream on.” Said Jonghyun straight out. I was half shocked and half I-knew-it-was-coming.

I shook my head and started walking. “Psh. Then, I’ll wake up. I don’t need your jacket. I didn’t ask for it.”

Jonghyun followed me and was walking next to me. “Right… cause you totally want to feel my warmth.”

I rolled my eyes and looked up to the sky. “Why god? Why?”

“So I guess you’re going to be my slave starting from tomorrow.”

“What?!” He is truly a jerk. I’ve just been heartbroken and pooped on by stupid birds and he goes and talk about me being his slave? He has the nerve.

“Well yeah. I mean, unless you want your secret revealed.”

“What have you got against me? Most people would keep my secret.”

“Well I’m not most people. I’m unique, one of kind. Anyways, I hate you.”

“Tell me something I don’t already know.”

“Well… you’re my nemesis. You’re my opponent.” His opponent? Really? Is he jealous of me? But why?

“Why would I be your opponent? I don’t sing, dance nor am I famous.”

“Yeah, but you’re a songwriter and so am I.”

“And your point is…” I have no idea where he is going with this. I was starting to shake a little from the cold and my ankle is killing me but I continued walking. I don’t want to look weak in front of him.

“You’re lyrics and songs are good. They get No.1 and my songs are just minor songs in the album.”

“Well… what can I say?” I laughed. He lightly punched my arm. Ok, I lied, it hurt.

“Yah cut me some slack. You don’t have to train 24/7 and have a busy schedule.”

“Oh, I’m really sorry that you CHOSE to be a singer and that you KNEW that being a singer would result in you having a BUSY schedule.” I said emphasised on some words.

“Alright. I get the point. Sheesh.” I was walking, more like limping and soon my ankle couldn’t stand the pressure any longer and I fell down.

“Ah…” I rubbed my ankle.

Jonghyun shook his head in disbelief. “If this is a way to get me to feel sorry for you or for you to get close to me then I suggest you stop because I am not going to fall for that.”

He just reached a new low. Someone is injured and he keeps talking about how I want to get close to him? That’s definitely something I DON’T want to do.

 “Just go away.” I said as I rubbed my ankle in pain. “I don’t need your help. I don’t want your help. Please just go away.”

I know, I was sitting on the ground, soaking wet and shivering. I probably looked pathetic and that I needed his help but I don’t want it. I don’t need his help.

“Fine.” Jonghyun walked away and didn’t look back. That’s when I tried to stand up. I stood up on one leg and wobbled a little but I got my balance but my ankle was aching so badly.

“Ah!” I moaned in pain. This is ridiculous. Why is it that when I’m in the most pain, he’s always around, did he make a deal with god to make it so that every time I get hurt, he’d be there. I stood up but my ankle wouldn’t support me. Stupid Jonghyun, this is all his fault, if it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t be in this position. I would have had the energy to give Doo Joon a piece of my mind.

“Get on.” I looked up and saw Jonghyun bending down with his back facing me.

“No” I tried to stand up on my own. “I’ve had enough charity to last a life time. I don’t need your help.” I stood up on my own and tried my best not to wobble. “See? I don’t need it, now go away.”

He stood up and shrugged his shoulders. “Ok. If you say so.” You turned around and walked away. I started walking to a bench and sat down. I was now shivering a lot. It would have been a 9 on the Richter scale if you measured how much I was shaking. Then I started to feel really weak and my head felt like it was spinning. Next thing I knew I started to fall down and landed on the ground and like in a cliché story, everything went black but then I regained consciousness when I felt someone lift me up.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

~~~~~Jonghyun’s POV~~~~~

She such a stubborn girl. I’m offering her my help; you know how many girls would die just to get help from me? And she goes and rejects it. I started walking away when I heard a crash. I turned around and saw Jenny on the floor.

“Jenny!” I ran to her and touched her forehead for a feve but she didn’t have one. But she was shaking so much. What do I do? Oh my god. Her hands were starting to go all blue.

She started to regain consciousness. “You know, I don’t want your help right?” she smiled.

“Well you need it.” I help her stand up but she pushed me away and almost fell down before I caught her. “I do not.” She replied.

“Aish.” I’ve never met a more stubborn girl. “Swallow your pride or whatever you have and just get on.”

“No.” She puffed up her cheeks and shook her head. Even though she is sick and all, she did look cute. Wait. Did I just call her? That girl cute?

“Fine, then I’ll have to carry you,” I put my arm behind her back and leg about to pick her up but she pushed away.

“What? And risk you telling me that I’m heavy? I don’t think so.” She started to walk but she was about to fall before I caught her.

“You know, I’m sick of your stubbornness, let’s go.” I picked her up bridal style and carried her. Sometime later, she fell asleep and she was resting her head on my chest. I got a closer look at her face. Although it didn’t have the traits of my ideal girl, I still found it so mesmerising. I couldn’t take my eyes off her. I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts.

I held her tightly to me because she was shaking so badly. After some more walking, I finally reached my dorm at the school. Lucky everyone was at the party or things would have looked very suspicious. I opened the door and put her in my bed. I put the blanket of her blue shaking body and went to get a towel. I started of drying her hair and then I went and got a hair dryer. I started drying off her clothes with the hair dryer. I went and got a heater and placed it near the bed and went to take a shower.

One thing that got me thinking was, why was I caring for her so much? I mean, she’s just another girl. Just another music composer. Just a girl that I dislike.  What is weird is that why I haven’t blackmailed her yet? Usually I would have done it ages ago.

I got dressed and walked out of the bathroom. I saw Jenny still shaking under the covers. I walked over her and saw that she was so cold. The heater isn’t working. I didn’t know why but out of instinct, I got on the bed and hugged Jenny. I was trying to get her warm, she was still shaking like mad and I hugged her even harder then suddenly, I felt my body touching hers and I flinched. I’ve never been so close to a girl before especially on a bed. Damn it, stupid dirty thoughts. I shook them out of my head and rubbed my hands with hers as I continued to hug her.

“Please don’t die.”

~~~~~End of Jonghyun’s POV~~~~~