What an act. Or not.

Shh... Don't Tell Anyone...

 

~~~~~Jonghyun’s POV~~~~~

I was secretly studying in one of the rooms when I heard another room’s door opened. I shook my head and continued doing my homework. I was about to start a new question but I heard it. I heard the song from that sheet. Someone was playing it. I also heard a girl singing. Oh! It must be that girl. I quickly stood up to go and find the girl but I got a phone call from manager hyung.

-----Phone call------

Me: Yeobseyo.
Manager: Jonghyun, we just got a new song from Jenny. She’s only got some of the lyrics done so you can finish off the rest.
Me: Wait, she came up with another song? Already?
Manager: Yes. She’s so efficient. She did say that the song title would be ‘Obsession’ so I guess we’re going to have to stick to that but… I have a feeling you can finish off the lyrics.
Me: Um… I don’t know…
Manager: Jonghyun, I know you have the ability to do it. I’m not going to pressure you but if you don’t do it, I’ll be very disappointed.
Me: Hyung, are you my dad or something. I don’t need this disappointed speech.
Manager: So you’ll do it?
Me: *sighs* Yes, I will. Just send me the song on my email and I’ll open it up later.
Manager: EXCELLENT!
Me: Hyung, I’m going to go deaf.
Manager: *laughs* Ok, ok. I’ll send it to you. Got to go. Bye.
Me: Bye.

------End of phone call------

I walked out of them room and saw a room with the lights on. As I guessed, the music was coming from that room. I slowly opened the door, luckily she didn’t noticed, I quickly got in and closed the door. I snuck over a little bit to hear the song. It was definitely that song. I let out a gasp. She heard me and I ran into hiding. Then I heard something crash. I slowly lifted my head from the table and saw her on the ground, she wasn’t moving for quite some time. I didn’t want to approach her because, what if she was a fan? A crazy fan? Oh! What if it was my fault that she fell?

“What if she saw my charismatic self?” I asked myself.

“Don’t be so up yourself…” she slowly sat up and rubbed her head. “Aish, it’s in the same place I hit before.”

I continued to hide behind the table. She faintly laughed and pointed towards my direction.

“Ahahaha. You know I can see you right?” She stood up and straightened out her clothes. “I never knew you idols were so up yourselves.”

“Excuse me?!” I stood up from where I was hiding and gave her a glare.

“Ok, you don’t need to go all PMS on me.”

I wanted to give her a yelling. Who does she think she is? She really has the guts. “I’m sorry. Are you ok?” I had to protect my image.

“Dude, you don’t have to worry. You don’t have to protect your image with me. I’m not a fan nor an anti-fan. In fact, I really don’t give a damn. Anyways, if you don’t mind I have to do something in private, so can you please?” she pointed to the door.

I then remembered about the song.

“Um… I heard your song a little bit earlier. Who wrote it?” I asked her. Her eyes widened and she turned around to the computer and closed the program. She did some other things but I couldn’t see it because she was covering it.

“Look, you don’t have to act nice around me. I’d rather like it if you act like who you really are in real life.” She picked up her dinner tray and walked out calmly. I followed her but as soon as she got out of the room, she stopped and let out a sigh.

Yeah, she’s definitely a fan. She’s just saying that because she didn’t want to be embarrassed.

“If your thinking what I think you’re thinking about. Stop. I’m not sighing over you.” she let out another sigh, shook her head and walked away. I gave her the death glare as she was walking away. She was about to turn the corner but then she suddenly slipped and fell down. Gosh, what a way to get attention. So much for “I’m not a fan’ and ‘I really don’t give a damn’. I walked back into my room and did my homework.

~~~~~End of Jonghyun’s POV~~~~~

You actually did really fall down because the janitor has just cleaned that part of the corridor. You laid there unconscious until Jonghyun finished his homework and walked out the room. He saw you lying on the ground and walked over.

“Aish, this girl is unbelievable” he muttered under his breath. He walked over to you and stood there with his bag on one shoulder.

“Yah. Get up.” You still didn’t move.

“Yah… this isn’t funny. If you were a fan you could have just said it.” Still no reply from you.

“Yah…” he started to kick you a little and you still didn’t move.

“Ok. I’m not going to carry you, if that’s what you’re thinking.” Still no response from you. “Fine, I’m leaving.” He walked away from you and turned around the corner quickly.

“She is such a good actor but still so desperate.” He turned his head around the corner and still saw you lying on the ground.

“Oh crap…” Jonghyun dropped his bag and ran to you. He picked you up bridal style and carried you too his dorm. He put you down on his bed and well, he didn’t really put you down nicely, he just kind of dropped you on it.

“Aish, you’re such a burden. You sure are persistent with your acting.” He stood at the bottom of the bed with his hands on his hips but in a manly way.

“Let’s see how good you are.” He rubbed his hands and rolled up his sleeves. He started to roll up the sleeve of your shirt. He started pinching your arm but you still didn’t respond. He pinched your cheeks really hard and you still didn’t respond. Your cheeks were red and stood out a lot because of your fair skin. 

He finally admitted the fact that you were actually unconscious. He went to take a shower, got changed into casual clothes and went to his computer. He turned it on and checked his email, and as said, the email was there. He clicked on it and started listening to it.

“Aigoo… why is it always this Jenny girl? She’s just some secret composer. Why doesn’t she just reveal herself? She probably can’t handle all the fame and fans. Too chicken. Let’s see what she’s come up with know.” He clicked play. He started listening to it and froze. He stood up and searched around his room for the piece of paper he picked up before.

“Damn it... where is that piece of paper?” he looked up and he finally realised something. “I left my bag at the corridor.” He quickly ran out of the room.

He was gone for a while when you woke up. You sat up and stretched your arms. Your eyes were still closed but you noticed something unusual. You tried to feel for the top bunk but it wasn’t there.

“So you were acting…”

You flinched and fell off the bed. “Far out… what is it? The fourth time today?” you rubbed your head and stood up. Your eyes were still half closed. Your face scrunched up as the pain from falling down before kicked in. You didn’t even know that Jonghyun spoke to you.

“Hey! I just spoke to you.”

“Ga Hyun, when did your voice get so low?” You then got on the bed and laid down. “And when did you get rid of the bunk beds?”

“I’m not Ga Hyun. I’m JongHYUN. Now, get out of my bed.”

You realised that it wasn’t your bed and you quickly sat up. “Oh my god! You !” You picked up the nearest thing to you and threw it at Jonghyun.

“Ah!” the object hit Jonghyun in a certain area and he fell down to the ground in the foetal position. Your eyes widen. You quickly got off the bed.

“You deserved that you .”

“As if… I’d touch you…” you said in pain.

“Psh…” you were about to leave when Jonghyun grabbed your leg.

“Let go. Unless you want that face of yours to be muddled up.” you jerked your leg away and you were about to leave.

“I know who you are!” he screamed out. Your eyes widen, bit your bottom lip and turned around slowly.

“So does the rest of the school. I’m a girl who likes to study and is occasionally clumsy and always finds a way to be happy. I’m going to go now.” You turned around and was about to twist the doorknob.

“Really, but do they know you’re the mysterious composer, Jenny?” You froze. You didn’t know what to say.

“You… you… you…” you stuttered, “You don’t have the proof!” you retaliated.

“Right… then what’s this?” Jonghyun held up the piece of paper that you dropped, he then walked over to the computer. “This is the music that my company got from Jenny. It seems so familiar… to the point… that.It.Is.Identical.” he pressed play and the song started playing. It was the song that you sent to SM just a couple of hours ago.