About time one of them did

Shh... Don't Tell Anyone...

 

You were back from school and you walked straight to SHINee’s dorm and knocked on the door.

“Hey Jenny. Sorry about what happened today.” Key said as he opened the door.

“Yeah, I can’t believe someone would hack into my account after my interview.” You said sadly but then you changed expressions. “No, I have to find out who did it. First stop, Kim Jonghyun.”

“Well… he’s not here. I don’t know where he went.”

You pressed your lips together. “I have a feeling I know where he is. Bye Ki Bum oppa.” you waved goodbye to him and ran to Jonghyun’s extra dorm and used the key that he gave you to open the door. You walked in and saw the lights on in his room so you walked to his room and knocked on the door.

Jonghyun opened it with a surprised look.

“What are you doing here?” Jonghyun asked you.

“What am I doing here? I’m here to ask why on earth you would do such a shallow thing like reveal my secret?! Was it because I didn’t listen to you when I was your servant?” you shouted at Jonghyun.

“Hold on. Before you just go off at me, I didn’t reveal your stupid secret. In fact, I was like to SHINee “Shh… Don’t tell anyone… So don’t go here and reveal just yell at me!” Jonghyun shouted back at you.

After that, you just stood there, tears filled up your eyes and soon you kind of had a breakdown and you crouched down and hugged your legs. You started to cry quietly and you put your head down. Jonghyun looked at you in shock.

“Yah… that’s not funny…. Don’t do the crying act.” Jonghyun said awkwardly to you but you didn’t reply. “Yah… it’s not cool anymore.”

You didn’t reply and continued crying. Jonghyun bit his bottom lip and crouched down to face you. He shook your arm and tried to have a look at your face.

“Jenny… are you okay?”

You stood up and wiped the tears of your face. “I’m sorry; I’m bothering you aren’t I? I’ll leave.” You were about to walk away but then Jonghyun held you back. You turned around and looked at Jonghyun.

“Please, just let me go, you can make fun of me tomorrow.” You wiped your tears away and tried to walk away but Jonghyun was stilling holding onto your arm.

“Why is that even when I’m trying to be nice, you think I’m doing something mean?” Jonghyun asked you.

“Then what are you going to do?” you looked at him with watery eyes.

Jonghyun stood there thinking. “Look.” He hesitated. “Why don’t we talk?”

You laughed weakly. “Thanks for that, I really needed that laugh.”

“Yah, I’m serious.” Jonghyun said defensively. You laughed. “Whoa, where has that smile been all this time?” Jonghyun asked you.

“Is that meant to work with me? Flattery will get you nowhere.” You laughed.

“I think it just might be working a little bit right now.”

“So what do you want to know about me?”

“Whoa! So it does work!” Jonghyun said excitedly.

“Only this time so don’t brag.”

“Well… why don’t you sit down and I’ll get you coffee.”

“Nah, just get me water.”

Jonghyun came back and gave you a cup of water and sat on the other couch. You laughed. “So you sit far away from me, when there’s nothing to be awkward about but you sit so close to me with your shirt off?”

“What? No, it’s just… that… you know… I know you like sitting so close to me.”

“Me? Psh… As if I do. You invade my personal space so much.”

“So what are you going to do now? About the whole secret identity thing?” Jonghyun asked you. You took a sip of water and pressed your lips together.

“I don’t know… I guess I have to just go back to the website and tell them it was hacked and give them new clues that are half me, half not, just so it doesn’t look suss.”

“Well at least you have a plan.”

“I just don’t know who would do this… I already had a vision that I when I debut in my group, I would go on variety shows and let out hints that I’m Jenny the composer and when netizens figure it out, I would confirm that I am and things would be so cool.”

“Whoa, that’s some vision.”

“Yeah, my imagination does go pretty far.”

“So when did you start writing lyrics?” Jonghyun asked you.

“Since I was 12 years old. When I started high school in Australia, when I did English, we had to write poems and I wrote one and… yeah… that when it started.”

“Wow. I never thought you would start so early.” Jonghyun clapped and you smiled.

“Well, what can I say?” you stood up and bowed.

“So what do you want to do?”

“Let’s finish that drama you got me to watch but I fell asleep half way through.”

“Yeah! I can’t believe you haven’t watched that.” Jonghyun stood up and put the DVD in and sat down next to you. You both two were watching the drama when it got to one of the part where the two main characters kissed and it kind of awkward between you two.

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

When the two characters kissed, for some reason, my face felt so hot and my heart was beating really quickly and I turned around and saw that Jonghyun had his arm stretched on the couch behind me and he was sitting pretty close to me. It felt as if someone turned the temperature up. Could it be that… I’ve fallen in love with… Korean dramas?

I never thought that this would happen to me, me getting into Korean dramas? How weird.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

~~~~~Jonghyun’s POV~~~~~

How weird. I’ve watched this drama so many times and I’ve only felt this the first time I watched it. Why am I going all hot? Why is my heart beating so fast? I looked over to Jenny and she looked kind of embarrassed when Mi Nam kisses Tae Kyung and she was blushing madly. It was kind of cute. Wait… did I just say that? Wait, I didn’t even deny that I said it!

Don’t tell me… I’m actually falling for her…

I turned around and looked at Jenny and she turned her head slowly towards me and she looked straight into my eyes. My heart was beating even more now… Why now? Why today?

She quickly turned and faced the TV again. “Aigoo… how can they just kiss like that… how unexpected…” said Jenny.

I cleared my throat and pulled my arm off the back of the couch. How am I going to tell her that I like her after we argued and stuff? How do I even know she likes me back?

 “What are you smiling about?” Jenny asked me.

“Hmm? The drama… it’s funny.”

“Okay…” You stood up. “I guess I should get going now… my sister is probably wondering where I am. Thanks for today.”

I didn’t want her to leave and instinctively, I grabbed her arm and she turned around and looked at me. Crap, what am I going to say?

“Um…” I scratched the back of my head. “Why, don’t you stay here, a lot of the trainees must be trying to find out who the composer is, so I guess you should just lay low for now…”

Is she even going to believe me? She stood there for a while.

“I guess you’re right… but I have to go home and change so I have to go back to my dorms anyways. Thanks for trying.” She smiled at me. She has never smiled at me before so seeing it is so refreshing.

“What is it now Jonghyun?” she asked me. I looked at my hand and saw that it was still holding onto her arm.

“I have an idea, you can use my noona’s clothes.” I quickly got up and ran to the spare room and grabbed out some of my noona’s clothes and ran back to find Jenny wasn’t in the living room.

“I’m in here!” I heard Jenny shout out from the kitchen, I walked in and saw Jenny looking through the fridge and taking out some food. She started cutting up the vegetables and put them in a pot.

“Oh, I decided that since you’re letting me stay here on your own free will, I guess I should make you some dinner to thank you.”

I walked over to Jenny and saw that she was cooking some other food that wasn’t Korean.

“Sorry, I don’t know a lot of Korean dishes.”

“No, it’s fine. I like to try new things. Um… here are my noona’s clothes. I’m not sure if they fit you or not.” She gave me a look.

“I’m not saying you’re fat or anything… I’m just…” I mentally slapped myself.

“I get you. I guess I’ll go get changed.” Jenny went to the bathroom to get changed and I decided to help her cut up the vegetables.

“I’m back” she tapped me on the shoulders, she looked over my shoulders. “Hm… I didn’t know you were the cooking type.”

“Well, you have a lot to learn. I can cook, clean and do all the things that Ki Bum can do, I just don’t want to.” Jenny looked at me dumbfounded. “Well, I’ll leave you to do the cooking now.” I dusted off my hand and walked away but then Jenny pulled me back by my shirt.

“Nah.” She shook her head and smiled. “You’re going to stay here and help me.”

“And why should I?”

Jenny pointed to the food. “There’s the bait.” She then pointed to me. “There’s the fish.” She then moved closer to me and clapped her hands in front of my face. “And I’ve caught my fish.” I looked at Jenny dumbfounded. Did she think of this ahead?

“Fine, I’ll help you.” I can’t believe I just gave into Jenny. Curse me and my heart. I was helping her cook when I remembered back to when I was cooking food with Hyuna. I thought anger would fill me up and that I would go all angry but for some reason, when I look at Jenny, it seemed to have disappeared.

How weird is that? Who knew Jenny had the power to do that?

~~~~~End of Jonghyun’s POV~~~~~

After eating dinner you and Jonghyun were cleaning up, Jonghyun would wash up and you were drying up the dishes when Jonghyun turned to you.

“You know… I’ve been feeling weird for the past few weeks…”

“Really? You sick?” you put your hand on his forehead. “You did have a fever before a few days ago.”

“No, I’m not sick… it’s just… I keep going all red… and my heart is beating really quickly when I’m near someone…”

“Really? I’m experiencing the same thing.”

“Really? So you…”

“Yeah! I mean… these dramas get my heart beating so fast.” Jonghyun looked at you disappointed.

“What?” you asked him.

“Nothing… I’m just… tired. With the busy schedule and all.”

“Oh. Well get better soon.” You patted Jonghyun’s back and walked to the couch.

“I guess I’m sleeping on the couch tonight.”

“Yeah, sure. Good night.” Jonghyun walked into his room.

“Night.”

“If only you know…” Jonghyun muttered to himself.

Jonghyun walked into his room and the computer and started reading some K-pop articles.

Recently, we heard that the mysterious composer Jenny, recently released clues as to who she is and everyone in the K-pop world including some artists who have tried to find out who she was. Students from her school have tried to find out who she was and there have been some successful hits as to who she is. But there’s nothing concrete yet. The closest one to it is actually a student named Jenny Lee but judging by her surname, she’s Korean. Oh well, I guess the quest to find out who Jenny is going to be quite hard. Stay tuned for more news on this.

“Damn... they’re going to find out who she is. Her dream is going to be ruined.” Jonghyun turned off the computer and went to sleep.

~~~~~Morning~~~~~

You woke up early and started making breakfast. You made toast, scrambled eggs and homemade pancakes. You finished cooking, set out all the food on the table and went to Jonghyun’s door and knocked on it.

“What?” Jonghyun said still half asleep.

“I made breakfast.” You said through the door.

“What time is it?” Jonghyun opened the door with his hair messed up and his shirt was off. You turned your head away when you saw it.

“You could have put on a shirt. It’s 7am. Hurry up, if you don’t, breakfast will be gone.” Jonghyun still looked half asleep. He slowly grabbed his shirt and dawdled out the room.

“C’mon!” You grabbed Jonghyun’s arm and pulled him out to table and sat him down. You sat on the seat opposite him. He still had his eyes closed.

“You don’t look so handsome in the morning.” You laughed while eating your breakfast.

“Whatever... I’m disappointed...”

“About what?” you said with pancakes still in your mouth.

“After denying that I like this girl, yesterday I finally accepted the fact that I like her but then I’m not sure if she likes me back.”

“Who is she?” you asked. Jonghyun didn’t reply. “Sorry, I shouldn’t have asked you.” You put your head down and continued eating breakfast.

“It’s you.” Jonghyun answered your question. You stopped eating and looked up at Jonghyun.

“Eh?”