Exposed

Shh... Don't Tell Anyone...

“Ok… so let’s start off with the lyrics first.” You said as you sat down on Jonghyun’s bed.

“You usually do that?”

“Well… it depends when I come up with a tune, then I do the music first. But I find writing lyrics first is better.”

“I already have something to write about.”

“Already?” you asked surprised.

“Yeah, I got the inspiration to the experiment that you showed me before.”

“Really? How?”

“Well… when you showed it to me, I thought of us, at first we were always at each other’s throat and now because of soap, well in our case, love, we’re now together.”

“Ah… I see. Very romantic.”

“What can I say? But my girlfriend did give me the inspiration. We make an awesome team.”

You laughed. “Ok, let’s get this started.”

You two were writing the lyrics to song when you got a phone call from Jane.

------Phone cal------

You: Hey Jane, I’m okay now. You don’t have to worry.
Jane: Unni… the president came and he wants to talk to you.
You: Really? Um… he’s in our dorm right now?
Jane: Yeah and he’s waiting. Unni, you should hurry.
You: Okay, I’ll be right there.

------End of phone call------

“I have to go, President Lee came and he wants to talk.” You stood up.

“Don’t worry, it’s a good thing, he only comes to dorms if it’s good news. Bad news is for the office.” Jonghyun reassured you. “Come on, we should get you going.”

You nodded your head and made your way to the door. Jonghyun was going to go with you but then you stopped him. “He doesn’t know about us.”

“I guess you’re right. But I should get to SHINee’s dorm.”

Jonghyun went back to his dorm and you went to yours. When you reached the door, you stopped. You didn’t know if you should open the door or not. You stood arguing with yourself if you should open it or not. The door than opened and you Jane giving you a weird look and behind her sitting on the sofa was President Lee. You mentally slapped yourself as you walked slowly into the dorm.

“Anneonghaseyo” you bowed to him.

“Hello Jenny. You don’t have to be so formal.”

“Yes sir.”

“Now, we both know about the news that has been circling around you. Is it true?”

You bit your bottom lip and nodded your head.

“That’s great! This means that you’ve already gotten a large fan base. But I don’t want you to be recognised as Jenny the composer yet.”

“Eh?” you said shocked. You then realised that you were talking to the president of the company and went quiet again. “I mean… excuse me?”

President Lee laughed. “Well, I’m going to deny rumours that you’re not Jenny the composer and that it’s all a misunderstanding, and I’ll let you tell the world that you’re Jenny the composer when you want to. I’m guessing this didn’t turn out as you wanted.”

“Jenny! That would be great! That person’s plans have failed!” Jane said excitedly.

“I guess to stop any further rumours going I should release an official statement soon but I have more news to tell you.”

You looked at him curiously.

“I hear that you’re great friends with Kim Sang Hee, Park Hyun Ji and Vicky Wu.”

“Neh”

“Well for a while, I’ve been looking for another member for the project group that they’re in and I think you’ll be perfect in it. Since you’re closer with them.”

You were so surprised, you couldn’t say anything.

“I-I-I-I-I don’t know… what to say.” Tears were welling up in your eyes.

“A thank you would be nice.” President Lee joked.

“Thank you so much…”

“I guess I should tell them the good news too. Oh, and do you mind if I tell all the other trainees that you’re Jenny the composer? They won’t do any harm.”

“Um… sure…” you were still in your surprised mode.

“Well I guess I go and tell your project group members the good news. Goodbye.” President Lee stood up and walked out of the dorm.

“Jenny! Isn’t that great! You might be debuting soon!” Jane said excitedly. You snapped out of your little trance.

“Yeah… I can’t believe, today was so weird. There was the good, the bad and now the good!”

“I wonder how this is going to turn out.” you said to yourself.

~~~~~Next week~~~~~

~~~~~Ga Hyun’s POV~~~~~

It’s been a week and people are stilling talking about Jenny. I’d like to see how she’s going to get herself out of this problem. She hasn’t gone to school for a whole week. How pathetic, if she can’t handle them now, how can she handle them when she’s famous? Such a newbie. Unlike me, who can cope with fans. I decided to read some articles and I was hoping to see Jenny all upset and crying.

Title: False Alarm? Jenny not really Jenny?!

It’s been a week since we revealed a possible person who could have been JENNY (I’m going to use caps for the composer) and she seems to be fitting all the clues to the hints that JENNY gave us. But just this morning, officials from SM Entertainment have come out with the following statements:

“Just recently, one of our trainees was involved in a rumour relating to the famous composer JENNY and we would like to say that our trainee has nothing to do with it.”

“More news about our trainee, Jenny. She will be debuting soon with four of our other trainees. Please look forward to them and we will be updating more about the members.”

So it turns out that Jenny wasn’t JENNY after all, so does that mean that JENNY has outsmarted us? Aigoo… I guess it’s back to the drawing board. I’m guessing this isn’t the kind of publicity Jenny wanted.

WHAT?! HOW? WHY?!

What is the meaning of this? SM Entertainment is lying!!

How can she get away with this? This was meant to be a flawless plan.

Why does she have to ruin all my plans?! She has to make my life a living hell.

I can’t people are actually taking this. Can’t they tell that the company is lying? Are people nowadays stupid? Does that stupid company think I’m stupid?

“Ding!” I turned to the computer screen and saw that they posted up another article.

Title: We are sorry; we will take SOME of the responsibility.

We would like to make a public apology to Jenny Nguyen who’s private information was posted on our website on the 3rd of September 2010. We didn’t mean to cause any trouble and we did not get the information as it was. We actually got it from an anonymous source that stated that they found the information themselves. We would also like it if that person would take some responsibility for their actions too.

*A picture of the email that Ga Hyun sent*

We sincerely apologise for any damage that this has done to Jenny Nguyen, her family and her company, SM Entertainment. We will make sure not to post any information without getting information first. We are genuinely sorry.

Comments:

#1: Damn… her private info was in there? You mean I could have had a chance to call her? Aigoo… ><
#2: “We actually got it from an anonymous source that stated that they found the information themselves” Wait, so does that mean that, that person actually went through the schools files and took Jenny’s school files? That’s really low.
#3: @#2, I agree, I mean who would do that? They should respect the privacy of others. Imagine how annoying it would be if people (strangers) would call you constantly or come to your house. That upsets me because not all fans are like that, no matter how desperate we are to find out.
#4: Stalker much? In the email, they wrote “here are some photos of her walking with other well-known SM trainees” does that mean they wasted time just to stalk that girl? That’s not cool. Not cool at all.
#5: So happy? So exciting? They just exposed PRIVATE information. Do they not understand what PRIVATE means? Stupid people these days.

I stopped reading. I couldn’t read any further, if I did, I would have thrown the computer out the window. Why would everyone diss me? It’s not like I did anything wrong, I revealed the answer to the question that they’ve all been asking but to pathetic to answer. Taking her side now? ARGH!!!! I HATE HER!!!!

“Ga Hyun! It’s time to go to school! You’re friend is here!”

Friend? I wonder who?

I grabbed my bag and walked out to see Jenny sitting on the couch talking to my mum. How dare she step into my house.

“Ga Hyun, are you lucky? You’re going to have a famous friend!” my mum said to me excitedly. Her? Famous? In what world?

“Please, I’m not famous.”

“Aigoo… you’re so modest. Don’t lose that when you become famous.”

Jenny smiled and nodded. What a fake. She’s already not modest so how can she lose it?

“Come on Ga Hyun, I haven’t been to school for a while so come on, let’s go!” Jenny said excitedly and linked arms with me and dragged me out of the house. Stupid . Fake.

“So did I miss out much work when I was at school?” Jenny asked me.

“No, everyone was too busy talking about you.”

Jenny pouted and put her head down. “I don’t want them to talk to me about that. I’m getting known for something I’m not. I want to be known for debuting soon.”

“Oh yeah! You’re debuting soon! Tell me everything! Give me the goss!”

Jenny shook her head. “No. I can’t. It’s all secret stuff.”

I gave her my sad look and she sighed. “Fine, but it’s not much since it’s going to be released on the website today. My group’s name is going to be called… Dynamite!” Jenny said excitedly.

“Dynamite? That’s quite an explosive name.” I joked.

“Yeah. My members and I came up with that name. That’s all I’m going to reveal. So shh… don’t tell anyone. Okay?”

“Ok.”

We were walking to school and everyone was talking about Jenny. What’s so good talking about her? My plan is ruined. No point talking about her now.

A girl ran up to us. “Hi Jenny!”

“Hi” Jenny said awkwardly.

“I know we usually don’t chat and stuff but I just wanted to congratulate you on debuting soon. I promise that I’ll support your group by buying all your CDs.”

“Thank you.” Jenny bowed to the girl. How fake.

We continued walking and people were taking pictures of Jenny and I was getting annoyed. Stupid people, they should be taking pictures of me. Once again, the world doesn’t even know talent even if it’s right in front of them.

~~~~~Skip to lunch~~~~~

I was sitting alone because Jenny had to do some studying for the final exams. Some people were surrounding me and pointing to me and talking to one another.

“Excuse me, if you have to talk about me, can you please say it to my face?” I said to one of the girls.

“You are so low… how could you do it to your friend?” she said to me with a disgusted look. Did they find out?

“What are you on about?” I played dumb.

“You are so mean to her. How could you?” said her friend.

“I’m sorry? What are you talking about?” I continued not pretending how to know.

“Kim Ga Hyun can you please come to the school office right away? Kim Ga Hyun” said the principal through the speakers.

“This is probably going to answer your question.” Said one of the girls as they walked away. I stood up and walked to the principal’s office, on the way; so many people were pointing at me and whispering things to one another. I’m starting to get paranoid.

I reached the principal’s office and knocked on the door.

“Come in”

I slowly opened the door and put on my innocent face. “Principal, you called me here?”

“Yes. Sit down.” He said in an upset voice. “Have you been through the school’s files Ga Hyun?”

“No sir.” I shook my head. You looked at me, disappointed.

“Even at a time like this, you’re lying to me. Kim Ga Hyun, I would have never thought you would lie.”

“Principal, I really don’t know what you’re talking about.” Playing dumb at a time like this is getting hard.

“I have proof that you were in here, so you can stop lying to me now.”

“Sir, it wasn’t me.”

“I have video from our security cameras showing me that you went into my office during a meeting and took out some school files.”

Crap. There’s no way for me to get out of this. What do I do? Everything is going upside down.

~~~~~End of Ga Hyun’s POV~~~~~

You were studying when Gi Kwang sat down opposite you.

“Hey Jenny.”

“Hey oppa.” you didn’t look up.

“Congrats. I just heard about the news of you debuting soon.”

“Thank you. I’m sorry; I really have to study for th-” you said before being interrupted by Min Kyoung and Ga Jung.

“Jenny! Jenny! Ga Hyun got called up to the office, apparently, she’s in big trouble and it has something to do with you.” Min Kyoung said while trying to catch her breath. Gi Kwang looked at her confused.

“Eh? Ga Hyun is in trouble?” you stood up. Ga Jung nodded his head. “We don’t know why. You should go and check.”

You quickly ran to the office with Min Kyoung and Ga Jung, leaving Gi Kwang and your books behind.

“It’s so sad, I don’t like you in that way anymore. I would have been such a good boyfriend to you. Now, all is left is our friendship. I won’t let that go…” Gi Kwang said as you ran away. He then packed up your things for you.

~~~~~Back to you~~~~~

You were running and everyone was looking at you. You finally reached the office and saw teachers shooing away a lot of students. The students turned around and saw you.

You had a worried look on your face. “What’s going on?” you asked them.

“Oh, don’t you know? Your so called friend went through the private school files and took yours out and posted it on the internet and coined you as JENNY the composer.” Said a female student.

“W-W-What? You’re wrong.” You said shaking your head.

Another girl scoffed. “You’re seriously going to take her side after she did this to you? She went behind your back and tried to make your life horrible.”

“What?” you said in disbelief, “You’re lying.” You shook your head. “Ga Hyun wouldn’t do that, she was my first friend here.”

“Well you can ask her now.” Said the girl as she turned to face Ga Hyun who just stepped out the office. Ga Hyun looked up at gave everyone evil glares, she then started walking straight towards you.

“Ga Hyun… I know what they’re saying isn’t the truth.” You said to her.

“Yeah. Ga Hyun would never do this.” said Min Kyoung.

Ga Hyun remained silent as she glared at you and gritted her teeth.

“Ga Hyun…” you said as you grabbed her by the arm but then out of nowhere she slapped you, it was so loud that it echoed around in the hallway. Everyone gasped.

You covered the cheek that got slapped and looked up at Ga Hyun.

“Ga Hyun!” Min Kyoung ran up to you two and Ga Hyun turned to her. “If you don’t want to end up like her, I suggest you stay out of it.” Ga Hyun threatened.

“Ga Hyun…” everyone turned around and saw Gi Kwang shocked.

“Oppa…” Ga Hyun tried to look innocent. “She framed me… She made me look like the bad person but I swear I’m not.”

Everyone looked at her with a disgusted look.

“I think you’ve done enough damage…”

Ga Hyun walked up to him, tears coming out of her eyes. You just stood in shock. You didn’t know how to react. You just watched as Ga Hyun put on a crying act and tried to convince Gi Kwang she didn’t do anything wrong.

“Oppa… you chose her over me? Why? You’re my husband! You shouldn’t look at anyone else!” Ga Hyun screamed at Gi Kwang.

“Wait. Husband? What?” Gi Kwang said looking confused.

“How can you not remember? It was during the summer holidays of 2006. We got married.” Ga Hyun smiled.

“What?”

“Remember the park? I was in a wedding dress and you were in your tuxedo. We looked so good together. You chose me as your bride.”

-------Flashback------

Gi Kwang and Ga Hyun were at the park but they weren’t hanging out with one another, they were hanging out with their own friends.

At the park there was a competition. It was like a made up couple kind of thing. There were a lot of people crowding it.

“Ok. We’re looking for one more guy. We are looking for one more!” said the host of the competition. Just then, Gi Kwang was walking past with his friends and the host went off the stage and pulled Gi Kwang up.

“You mister, can be our 5th candidate.”

“What did is this?” Gi Kwang asked confused.

“Well, today is Valentine’s Day and since you’re hanging out with your friends, you’re obviously single aren’t you?” asked the host.

Gi Kwang nodded, embarrassed.

“Well, I’m here to find you your date for today. So you won’t be single. The game today, is that we have 5 girls behind this curtain and through answering some questions; you will get paired up with one of them. Then, the crowd will vote for the two that look best together” The host continued.

“Ok… What’s the catch?” asked Gi Kwang.

“You and her do a wedding photo shoot for us. For our magazine.”

“Ok… What the heck. I’ll do it.”

“OK! We have our final guy!” the host said and the crowd cheered.

Behind the curtain were you and five other girls. You decided to do it just for fun and because your friends pushed you up the stage. You were given a stick with a board at the end, one side had a circle for “yes” answers and a cross for “no” answers. You were to raise it up after a guy says a statement.

“Let’s start shall we?” said the host. “Let’s start with the first topic. Food”

“Who here like bacon?” asked Gi Kwang.

You and the other girls raised up your stick. You were the only one who answered yes.

After some more questions, you and Gi Kwang already seemed like a pair but he didn’t know you were and you didn’t know who he was either. All of a sudden, your stomach started to hurt, it was hurting really badly that you could barely raise the stick.

“Ga Hyun…” you managed to whisper out. Ga Hyun ran up onto the stage.

“What’s wrong? You look like you’re in so much pain.” She asked, worryingly.

“I don’t think I can do this. I think I have a stomach cramp. You have to fill in for me.” you said.

“What?! I can’t those questions were answered by you.” said Ga Hyun.

“Yeah, but you would have answered the same. Ah!” You quietly screamed out in pain.

“Ok. I’ll fill in for you. Gosh are you okay?”

“Yeah. I just have a cramp. It’ll go by fast.” you assured her as you stepped off the stage and sat down with Min Kyoung and Ga Jung.

The competition ended and Ga Hyun was paired up with Gi Kwang. They were then taken into tents to get changed into their wedding outfits and they went back on stage. The crowd voted and Ga Hyun and Gi Kwang won.

­­­------End of flashback------

“Don’t you remember? I answered all your questions. It was me. We’re meant to be.” Said Ga Hyun.

“It was just a competition.” Said Gi Kwang.

“Just a competition? Just a competition? How could you say that about our love?”

“Our love? We never loved each other.”

“You did this to me because of Gi Kwang?” you asked Ga Hyun.

“SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!” Ga Hyun shouted out. “YOU!” she pointed at you. “YOU! YOU’VE RUINED MY LIFE!!”

“What did Jenny do?” asked one of the students.

“Yeah! What did Jenny have to do with this?” asked another student.

“Because Jenny stole him from me!!” Ga Hyun gave you an evil glare.

“But I didn’t! I wouldn’t do that! Gi Kwang and I are just friends.” you defended yourself.

“So you think. But Gi Kwang liked you! He asked me ways for you to like him. No way was I going to let that happen.” Said Ga Hyun.

“Wait… so the whole thing with the bet…” you said.

“Yes, it was me. I was the one that told Gi Kwang to do it since you were the ‘joking’ type.”

“You made me hurt Jenny on purpose?” asked Gi Kwang.

“It wouldn’t have happened if you didn’t like her! You cheated on me!” Ga Hyun was hysterical.

“I have to go” Gi Kwang turned around and walked away.

“Oppa! Oppa! Don’t go!” Ga Hyun shouted out.

“This girl has lost it.” Said one of the students.

“She has completely gone crazy” said the other students.

The other students started to walk away and talk bad about Ga Hyun. You stood there staring at Ga Hyun. Anger filled your eyes.

“You betrayed me.” you said to Ga Hyun.

“What?” Ga Hyun turned to you. You walked over to her. “What? Is that all you can say? You made my life a living hell for the past year and all you can say was ‘What?’? You think you have the nerve to? You’re lucky I’m trying to keep a good reputation here.” You turned around but then turned back to her. “Don’t think I don’t have the nerve to hurt you, it’s just karma will hurt you even more.” You turned around and walked away.

“Ga Hyun, we thought you were above this. For a moment there, we actually thought that you didn’t do all those things but now… now… we’re just disgusted. Jenny was your friend all this time, right up to the moment you slapped her. But you… you… were you even her friend? Were you ever our friend?” Min Kyoung said in disgust.

“You took it too far… even in dramas, people aren’t this bad.” Said Ga Jung.

“Guys. Stop! I didn’t mean to hurt you. You guys were always my friends. It’s just her! Guys!” Ga Hyun stood in the hallway alone. Students who walked past would have said things about her.

~~~~~Meanwhile with you~~~~~

You walked out the school, and went straight back to your dorm.

“Unni, are you okay?” Nina asked you.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” You put on a fake smile.

“Oh! You’re cheek! It’s red!”

“It’s nothing. I was running.” You lied.

Nina shook her head. “There’s a hand mark. I can see the finger marks.”

You covered up your cheek. “It’s nothing. Don’t tell Jane or she’ll worry about me and she won’t be able to study.”

Nina looked like she was in an uncomfortable position. “Don’t worry, I tell Jane.” You smiled. Nina let out a sigh of relief.

“Unni! Aren’t you excited?! We’re going to debut soon!”

You tried to get your mind off it so you continued to talk to Nina. “Me too! You’re going to be the maknae!” you said as you pinched her cheeks.

“Unni, don’t do that.” Nina pouted.

“Well get used to it, me and the older members are going to do it very often.” You said as you pinched her cheeks again.

“Do you want to see our profiles on the SM website?”

“Yeah” you nodded your head. Nina grabbed her laptop and sat down beside you on the sofa.

“There’s only two of us here so far. The youngest and the oldest.”

Upcoming Girl Group

Members-

Name: Kim Sang Hee
D.O.B: 23/4/88
Role: Vocal

Name: Nina Chan
D.O.B: 14/2/94
Role: Vocal

“Whoa... so they usually do this in parts?” you asked Nina.

“Yeah it’s to create a feeling of suspense.”

“Ah... I see.” All of a sudden, Nina got an email. It was from Kpopexpress.com and it had just posted another story.

Nina quickly closed the email and went back to the SM website.

“Nina, read the post.”

Nina looked at you. “It’s ok Nina. Read it.”

She hesitantly opened it.

Title: Anonymous doesn’t take responsibility.

This morning, we recently posted our apology and we suggested that the person who sent the email should apologise too but it turns out they refuse to and what’s worse is that the person who did it was none other than Jenny’s friend. Yes, you read it write, students that were there stated that the friend went crazy and slapped Jenny. Many students were shocked because they’ve been friends for a long time and the friend was always been known to a good student. We have managed to contact the friend but the friend has refused to apologise. Stay tuned for more information.

“Unni... your friend did this to you?” Nina asked you.

“She isn’t a friend” you stood up and went to your room.