And forgetting you, I will

Shh... Don't Tell Anyone...

 

~~~~~At the hospital~~~~~

Jane was sitting next to your bed and crying.

“Jenny… please wake up… I really don’t want to call mum and dad… it’ll make them worried… please wake up.” she said in between sobs.

Boa was patting Jane on the back. “Come on, it’s getting late, you should be sleeping. Go over to the chair and sleep. I’ll look over her.”

“Unni… I can’t… Jenny unni still hasn’t woken up yet.” said Jane as she wiped her tears away.

“Do you want to have bags under your eyes when she wakes up? Do you want her to nag at you?” Boa put her hands on her hips.

Jane looked at you and then back at Boa. She then let out a big sigh and despondently walked to the chair. Boa looked at you.

“Jenny ah, you must be experiencing a lot of pain. You might have fooled your members and everyone else but you can’t full me. I hope all your pain goes away soon…” Boa brushed your hair away from your face.

Boa then walked away from your bed towards a curtain. She then pulled the curtain away and lying on the other bed was Jonghyun.

“Jonghyun ah, noona is really upset with you right now, how can you let her go like that? When you wake up, we need to talk about you and your taste in girls.” Boa frowned and walked back to your bed and pulled the curtain back.

~~~~~Next morning~~~~~

You slowly woke up and sat up on the bed and stretched. You smiled as the sun hit your face. You let out a sigh. You looked down and saw Jane sitting on a chair sleeping and Boa sleeping next to your bed, with her head resting on the bed.

You eyes widened when you realised that it wasn’t your room. “Unni…” you shook Boa’s arm. Boa was startled and she sat up with her eyes wide awake.

“Jenny your awake!” Boa said excitedly.

Boa then stood up and went to Jane and shook her. “Jenny is awake! Jane, Jenny is awake!”

You looked at Boa with a confused look on your face.

Jane ran up to you and hugged you.

“Oh my god. It’s so good to see you awake. The doctor said that you had something wrong with your brain and stuff…” Jane said while crying. You awkwardly patted her on the back.

“Jane… what’s going on? Why am I here?”

Jane was about to say something but then the doctor walked in with Boa. He walked up to you and did a physical check up on you.

“Your body seems to be okay. Now, I’ll ask you some questions.”

“Okay.” You smiled.

“What’s today’s date?”

“The 25th of September 2010”

“Okay, now tell me, do you know what happened to you?”

“Nope” you shook your head.

“Hmm…” the doctor was thinking to himself. He turned to Boa. You looked at everyone cluelessly.

“Excuse me, can you ask her some questions and see if she remembers anything or anyone.”

Boa nodded. She walked to your bed and sat down next to you.

“Jenny ah, do you know who I am?”

“Of course I do! Boa unni.” You said laughing. “Why wouldn’t I remember you?”

Boa nodded her head.

“Unni, you know you who am I right?” Jane asked you.

You laughed. “Of course I remember you, you’re my sister”

Suddenly a group of people came barging into the room. You looked up and saw your group members.

“Jenny!” they all went up to you and hugged you. You smiled back warmly at them.

“Jenny… do you know who they are?” Boa asked looking worried.

“Of course! They’re my group members. Wouldn’t I look silly if I don’t remember them?” you laughed.

“Jenny ah, are you okay?” Sang Hee asked you.

“Yeah. Of course I’m fine. But they keep acting as if I have amnesia or something. I remember everyone and everything that has happened right up to the point of the radio show yesterday.” You tried to reassure everyone.

Then the rest of SHINee came into the room. You smiled happily and waved at them. Taemin went up to Jane and hugged her while Onew, Minho and Key went up to you and gave you a hug.

“Onew oppa! Ki Bum oppa! Minho!” you smiled excitedly as you hugged them again.

“It’s so good to see that you’ve woken up.” Onew smiled.

“Yeah, now we just have to wait for Jonghyun.”

You turned your head to the side. “Jonghyun?” you asked curiously.

Everyone’s eyes widened.

“Jenny, do you know who Jonghyun is?” Boa asked you.

“Nope” you shook your head. “Am I meant to?”

“Jenny ah, your acting skills are amazing.”

“I’m seriously not acting.” Your eyebrows furrowed.

“Doctor…”

The doctor turned around to everyone. “I’m going to take her to do some tests. It won’t take long” The doctor turned to you.

“Miss Nguyen, can you please come with me.”

“Sure.” You smiled and got out of bed. Everyone was trying to help you. “Guys, I have like a memory problem. I’ll be going now.” You said to everyone.

You walked out of the room and walked with the doctor until Onew came running after you and the doctor.

“Excuse me doctor, but Jonghyun has just woken up.” You looked around like a little kid.

The doctor turned around to you. “Miss Nguyen, please follow the nurse, she’ll do the test for you.”

“Okay.” You nodded your head and walked away with the nurse.

~~~~~Meanwhile, with Jonghyun~~~~~

Jonghyun slowly woke up and sat up on his bed.

“Aish, what’s up with all the noise?” you moaned as he sat up on the bed.

Everyone turned around.

“Jonghyun you’re awake!” Key said excitedly.

“Umm… yeah… why is everyone in my room?” Jonghyun asked looking confused. “Wait… this isn’t my room. This looks very much like a hospital…” Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows.

“I’ll go and call for the doctor.” Said Onew as he ran out of the room.

“So do you know why you’re here?”

“Yeah. I was in an accident.”

Everyone let out a sigh of relief.

“At least he’s better than Jenny.”

“Jenny…” Jonghyun muttered to himself.

Everyone heard it and their eyes widened.

“Well, we should really give him a rest. He must be really tired.” Said Taemin.

“Yeah. Let’s get going. Jane and Boa sunbae are probably really tired staying here all night.” Said Key.

“See ya later Jonghyun.” Everyone waved goodbye and quickly walked out. Then Onew and the doctor arrived but the group took Onew away and only the doctor came into the room.

~~~~~Jonghyun’s POV~~~~~

“Wait… this isn’t my room. This looks very much like a hospital…” I frowned a little. All I remember lying on the floor and I was going to say something before I got knocked down.

Onew hyung went to go get the doctor and Key went up to me with a worried expression.

“So do you know why you’re here?”

“Yeah. I was in an accident.”

Everyone sighed. Why are they sighing? Was it like a bad thing I woke up?

“At least he’s better than Jenny.”

I frowned again.

“Well, we should really give him a rest. He must be really tired.”

“Yeah let’s get going. Jane and Boa sunbae are probably really tired staying here all night.”

“See ya later Jonghyun.”

Why is everyone leaving all of sudden? I just woke up and they just decide to leave. No hugs or nothing. What the heck?

The doctor walked in and smiled at me.

“I see your doing well. Besides the broken arm.” The doctor pointed to my arm. I didn’t even realise it.

Jenny…

Who is she? Do I know her?

I scratched my head trying to think of who she was.

“Mr Kim. You look confused. What’s the matter?” the doctor asked me.

“Well… my friends were talking about this girl named Jenny and I don’t know who she is.” I puffed up my cheeks.

Do I even know a Jenny? And Jane? Isn’t she just a random trainee? Why did she come and wait for me? And why was Dynamite visiting me?

“Mr Kim… I think you have some form of selective amnesia.”

“Selective amnesia?”

“Yes. Both you and Jenny-sshi have selective amnesia. You two can’t seem to remember each other or the events that happened between you two.”

“Couldn’t it just have been that we’ve never met?”

“You two work in the same company, I find it difficult you two would have never met.”

Same company? So she’s trainee?

“Mr Kim, I’ll leave you to rest here.” the doctor smiled and walked out the room.

Aish. How strange. How could she forget me? I’m so good looking and my voice is amazing. How can she forget me?

~~~~~End of Jonghyun’s POV~~~~~

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

“Miss Nguyen, you have a form of selective amnesia.” Said the nurse.

“Selective amnesia?”

“U-huh. It seems you can’t remember Jonghyun-sshi or any events that happened with him.”

“Oh… why would that be?”

“Usually it’s because of a large impact on you or sometimes, it’s just random.”

“Oh… I see. Excuse me nurse, can I go back to my room now?”

“Yes, I’ll take you back to your room.”

“Nah, it’s okay, I’ll take a walk. I need some fresh air.” I smiled at the nurse and walked outside. I went outside and walked around a little. Then a bunch of people came running towards me. I smiled and waved at them.

“Jenny ah! Are you okay? We fans were so worried when we found out you were in an accident.”

“I’m fine. I’ll be back on the stage singing and dancing like usual. Please don’t worry about me too much.” I tried to reassure my fans.

“You and Kevin oppa look so cute together!”

My face went a little hot. “Oh really? We’re not really together though” I smiled. The fans seemed disappointed.

“Here, I bought you some chocolate and I went on the internet to find a recipe on how to make lamingtons.”

“Oh really? It’s been awhile since I’ve eaten them! Thank you so much!” I said as the fan put the presents into my arms. “I’m truly happy. I really miss Australia and having lamingtons will definitely make me feel better.”

“Umm… is it okay if I get your autograph?” she asked nervously.

“Sure! Of course it is. It’s the least I can do after you giving me chocolates and lamingtons.”

After signing autographs for everyone and taking pictures, the fans waved goodbye to me and I decided to go back to my room.

I was happily eating my lamingtons and enjoying every bite of it. I was humming ‘Walking on sunshine’ while eating some of the pieces of chocolate. Everyone was staring at me, I don’t know if it was because I was an idol or because I was humming and eating chocolate or because I just looked like some crazy person.

I reached my room and opened the door. I walked in until someone said something to me.

“Why are you in my room?” he said in an arrogant voice.

“Your room?” I turned around to face him.

“Yes. My room. You are in my room.”

“You see that bed over there?” I pointed to my bed. “That’s my bed and therefore this makes this my room too. So Mr. I’m-so-arrogant-and-up-myself can you please think before you speak?” I shook my head in disbelief and walked back to my bed and sat down.

I could tell that he was still staring at me. Probably from shock because it’s the first time that someone stood up to him.

I shrugged my shoulders and the TV and picked up my piece of lamington and started eating. I can feel that that guy was still staring at me; I leant over and pulled the curtain over. This guy is so weird.

I took a bite of my lamington when he pulled the curtain away; I leant over and pulled it back over, we probably continued like this until he pulled the curtain too back so it was out of my reach.

“Damn you.” I gave him a death glare; he gave me a smile and gave him a sarcastic one back. I have a feeling I’m going to really hate this guy. Sighs.

“What’s your problem? It’s obvious that I don’t want to see you and you don’t want to see me so why can’t we keep the curtain closed?” I asked him.

“Because I want to see outside the window.” I face palmed myself and got out of my bed. This guy…

I walked over to his bed and leant up close to his face. I smirked because I had a feeling that he thought I was going to kiss him. Yeah, in his dreams.

“Let’s swap beds then.” I backed away from him and gave him a sarcastic smile.

He gritted his teeth and gave me the death stare but I just continued smiling. He then smiled back and got out of his bed but he quickly walked past me and grabbed one of my lamingtons pieces and went back to his bed.

“MY LAMINGTONS!” I was shocked. I gritted my teeth. “Yah! They were gifts for ME!” I tried to grave the lamington back but he shoved it all in his mouth.

“Pig!” I shouted in his face. This guy is unbelievable.

“What?!”              

“Do you want your other arm broken too?” I threatened him.

“Oh was that a threat?”

“Nah, it’s predicting the future.” I rolled my eyes and went back to my bed. I put the food on the other side far away from him and watched the TV. Stupid idiot.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

~~~~~Jonghyun’s POV~~~~~

I was relaxing when all of a sudden this girl walks in and talks back to me. How ridiculous. She sat on her bed eating this cake like a little kid. How rude of her not to offer me any.

I decided to bother her until she offers me one. She pulled the curtain closed and I pulled back. We did this for quite some time until she snapped.

“What’s your problem? It’s obvious that I don’t want to see you and you don’t want to see me so why can’t we keep the curtain closed?”

“Because I want to see outside the window.”

She got out of her bed and walked over to my bed and put her face right in front of my face. Our faces were only centimetres apart. My heart started beating really quickly. Then she smirked. She’s not to kiss me is she?!

“Let’s swap beds then” she moved back and smiled at me.

How dare she play with me like that? Since she’s not going to offer those cakes to me, I’ll just take my own. I smiled at her and got out my bed and like a ninja, I went over to her bed and grabbed a piece of the cake and quickly went back to my bed.

Her reaction was hilarious. “MY LAMINGTONS!” so that’s what these are called.

“Yah! They were gifts for ME!” Psh… who would give gifts to her?

She tried to grab the piece of lamington back but I shoved it all in my mouth.

“Pig!” She shouted at me. How dare she call me a pig? I’m too handsome to be a pig. How could she downgrade me like that?

“What?!”

“Do you want your other arm broken too?”

“Oh was that a threat?”

“Nah, it’s predicting the future.” She rolled her eyes at me and walked to her bed and laid down. She moved the cake to the other side of the bed. She’s the pig. She’s the one not sharing the food at me.

Now that I think about it, she does look familiar… but from where? And why wouldn’t I remember her? Maybe it’s because she wasn’t that important to me. But then again, why would someone like her be important to someone like me?

~~~~~End of Jonghyun’s POV~~~~~

You were watching TV and Jonghyun was texting people on his phone when Hyuna came into the room.

“Oppa! You’re okay!” Hyuna came up to him and gave him a hug.

You didn’t pay attention to them and continued watching the television until Hyuna came up to you and gave you a hug.

“Jenny hoobae! I’m so happy to see that you’re okay too.”

“Oh, thank you Hyuna sunbae.” You smiled. “I heard about you being really tired. I’m happy to see you’ve gotten better.”

“Aww… thank you.” Hyuna smiled at you.

“Ahem!” Jonghyun cleared his throat. You rolled your eyes and shook your head in disbelief.

“Hyuna sunbae, I think you should go back to your attention seeking boyfriend before he dies from the lack of attention.” You said to Hyuna.

“How do you know that we’re dating?” Jonghyun asked you looking surprised.

“Lucky guess.” You said as you turned back to the TV.

Hyuna went to Jonghyun’s bed and they started talking. You then turned around and Jonghyun looked at you. You mouthed to him, “I win” as you pulled the curtain. You smirked and went back to watching the TV.

You were too immersed into watching the sitcom on TV that you didn’t notice that Jonghyun and Hyuna have left the room.