10 Questions

Shh... Don't Tell Anyone...

 

~~~~~Taemin’s POV~~~~~

Jane told me to check up on Jenny noona for her. Jane’s so nice, even at a time like this; she’s worried about her sister. I totally made the right choice. Anyways, I went with Boa, Tiffany, Jessica and Hyoyeon noona to go and visit Jenny noona and Jonghyun hyung. Must not forget hyung. Kekeke.

We reached the door of the room when we heard something coming from inside.

“You just ruined the mood!” We heard Jenny noona shout out.

“What?! Why won’t you let me see it?!”

Our eyes widened. We all looked at one another with an awkward look.

“They couldn’t be… making… babies… could they?” I asked the noonas quietly.

“I don’t know…” Tiffany noona answered me.

“Because it’s my private property and I can decide whether or not you get to see it or not!” Jenny noona shouted from inside.

“Oh come on! Please?”

“You think those puppy eyes will work with me? Well think again. And this, you’re getting none of this. Nah ah.”

We were all in shock. I thought they didn’t remember each other. We stayed outside for a bit until we thought it was safe and then we went in.

How am I going to tell this to Jane? Our poor innocent minds, my innocent ears…

~~~~~End of Taemin’s POV~~~~~

After the visit, Taemin quickly went to your dorm to talk to Jane. Jane opened the door and smiled.

“Oppa how’s Jenny?”

“She’s fine. To the fact that she’s… she’s…” Taemin was stuck; he couldn’t find himself saying it.

“She’s what?”

“She and Jonghyun hyung… were ‘doing that’ in the hospital” Taemin said quickly.

“EH?!” Jane’s eyes were wide open. “Not again! Taemin ah, how do you?” Jane said looking shocked.

“No, I didn’t see them do it. I just heard them do it.”

Taemin and Jane sat down on the couch and Taemin told Jane what happened.

~~~~~Jane’s Imagination~~~~~

 Jonghyun pushes Jenny down onto the hospital bed. They stare into each other’s eyes. Jonghyun starts to Jenny’s shirt but then takes forever.

Jenny gets impatient. “You just ruined the mood!” She backs away and buttons up shirt.

“What?! Why won’t you let me see it?!” Jonghyun walks up closer to Jenny.

“Because it’s my private property and I can decide whether or not you get to see it or not!”

“Oh come on! Please?”

“You think those puppy eyes will work with me? Well think again. And this, you’re getting none of this. Nah ah.”

~~~~~End of Jane’s Imagination~~~~~

Her eyes were wide open and her jaw dropped. She then shook her head and covered her ears.

“Argh!!! My mind!!!”

Taemin looked over at Jane and hugged her.

“I know how you feel… they’ve polluted our brains…” Taemin tried to comfort Jane.

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

After everyone left, something felt like it changed, that Jonghyun guy was staring at me and it was starting to feel uncomfortable.

“So… um… have you… remembered anything about me?” he asked politely. Okay. This guy officially has PMS. Mood swings much?

“Umm… yeah…” his face lightened up. “Yeah… about a few hours ago, you stole a piece of my lamington. Just a while ago, you interrupted me watching a drama.” After I said that, his face looked a bit upset.

Then a nurse walked into holding two bags.

“Hello Mr. Kim and Miss Nguyen, I have your things. We had to take it off after the accident. Sorry we couldn’t save you the clothes. They were quite damaged after the accident.”

She placed the bags on Jonghyun’s desk and walked out of the room. I walked over to my bag and saw a ring. I pulled it out.

“What’s this?” I said to myself. Then Jonghyun quickly went through his bag and pulled out the same ring. Strange. That’s not my ring. Must have gotten mixed up with his.

“Here. I think this is yours.” I handed him the ring.

He looked at me and looked back down at the ring. “I think it’s yours.”

“No…” I shook my head. I then pointed to his ring. “It looks exactly like yours. You probably were going to give this to Hyuna sunbae but then it got mixed up with my things.” I handed him back the ring, grabbed my bag and walked back to my bed.

I was writing some lyrics down when Jonghyun tried starting a conversation with me.

“Hey, let’s play 20 questions”

“Why?... Aren’t we meant to be hating each other and arguing?”

“We don’t have to. Anyways, what’s wrong with making new friends?” Okay, this guy is getting weirder. I don’t understand this guy. But I guess there’s no harm in making new friends.

“Okay… Let’s just do 10 questions.”

“Why?”

“Because 20 is too long”

“Well I’ll start things off.” I nodded and waited for him to ask me my questions.

“One. Do you have any recollection of me?”

“Nope.”

“Okay… Two. How would you react if you found out we were dating?”

Dating? Is this guy already trying to hit on me? Seriously? But for some reason, it didn’t feel strange when he asked me that question.

“I wouldn’t be that surprised. For some strange reason I do not know.”

Jonghyun smiled. “Question 3. When are you planning to tell the world you’re Jenny? As in the composer.”

“Hmm… I would tell them… soon. I’m actually planning to tell them really soon.”

~~~~~Flash back~~~~~

“I just don’t know who would do this… I already had a vision that I when I debut in my group, I would go on variety shows and let out hints that I’m Jenny the composer and when netizens figure it out, I would confirm that I am and things would be so cool.”

“Whoa, that’s some vision.” Jonghyun said smiling at me. I couldn’t help but smile back.

~~~~~End of Flash back~~~~~

Jonghyun nodded his head. “Four. When did you start writing lyrics?”

~~~~~Flash back~~~~~

“So when did you start writing lyrics?” Jonghyun asked me.

“Since I was 12 years old. When I started high school in Australia, when I did English, we had to write poems and I wrote one and… yeah… that when it started.”

“Wow. I never thought you would start so early.” Jonghyun clapped and I smiled.

~~~~~End of flash back~~~~~

My head started hurting so much. All these flashbacks…

Jonghyun walked up to me. “Jenny… are you okay?”

I shook my head and tried to get rid of the flash backs. I’ve watched a lot of TV and I guess it does hurt when you’re trying to remember something.

“Yeah, I’m alright… just got some of my memory back.”

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

“Okay… then you should ask the questions now. So you won’t hurt yourself having headaches.”

“Alrighty then” you said smiling.

“One. Why are you so nice to me all of a sudden?” you tilted your head to the side.

“I remembered stuff.” Said Jonghyun smiling. Your mouth made an ‘O’ shape.

“You remembered?”

“Yep.”

Jonghyun put up two fingers. Your eyebrows furrowed. “What’s with the two fingers?”

Jonghyun then put up another finger. You frowned and pointed to his hand. He shrugged his shoulders.

“I see how it is.” You laughed. “Ok. Ok.” You calmed yourself down, “What did you remember?”

“Hmm…” Jonghyun tapped his finger on his lips, “I remembered everything. Everything that happened between us.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean that all the events that happened between us, I remember.”

“Ahh… I see… So how many questions was that?” you asked Jonghyun. “Damn it!” you face palmed yourself and Jonghyun laughed at you.

“Six, you can ask four more questions. Ask wisely.”

“Hmm… What’s your hobby?”

“Same as yours. Song writing. I have to admit, not as good as yours but it’ll have to do.”

You smiled. You puffed up your cheeks while trying to think of a question. “Okay. I have one. What was the deal about us?”

Jonghyun bit his bottom lip. “I’ll let you remember yourself. It’ll be more special that way… I think…”

~~~~~Flash back~~~~~

“After denying that I like this girl, yesterday I finally accepted the fact that I like her but then I’m not sure if she likes me back.”

“Who is she?” you asked. Jonghyun didn’t reply. “Sorry, I shouldn’t have asked you.” You put your head down and continued eating breakfast.

“It’s you.” Jonghyun answered your question. You stopped eating and looked up at Jonghyun.

“Eh?”

You choked on your food.

“Nah… I’m just joking with you.” Jonghyun said while taking a bite out of his toast.

“Really?” You took a sip out of water.

“No, I was joking with you before. I like you Jenny.” You then did a spit take and it got onto Jonghyun.

“I am so sorry.” You started wiping the water off Jonghyun’s face when you looked into his eyes and you stopped. You and Jonghyun were just looking at one another when you looked away.

“I knew it!” Jonghyun jumped up from his seat, “You like me too!”

You laughed but were blushing crazily. “No! I don’t!” You stood up.

“Aha! First step is denial.”

“Well how do I know I like you?”

“Second step, questioning if you do like me or not.” Jonghyun smiled at you as he walked closer to you. “Third step, knowing that you like me.”

“What’s the fourth step?” you asked Jonghyun.

“Let me show you.” Jonghyun moved closer to you and grabbed your hands intertwined his fingers with yours. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You saw pictures of Jonghyun and Hyuna kissing and you were crying so much. You laid in your bed crying silently.

~~~~~End of flash back~~~~~

Your head was hurting again and you held your head in pain.

“Jenny ah, are you okay? Do you need me to call the doctor?”

You shook your head. “No. I want to continue asking you questions.” Jonghyun looked worried but he nodded his head and sat down on his bed again.

You let out a sigh. “Were… Were we… dating?” you asked nervously.

Jonghyun nodded his head. “You remembered? Jenny ah, you remembered?” Jonghyun grabbed your arms and smiled happily at you.

You jerked your arm away from Jonghyun’s grip. Your face was serious and Jonghyun was in shock.

“Did you cheat on me?” you asked him bluntly.

“Jenny ah… I didn’t…” Jonghyun stuttered.

“So you’re telling me, that me crying until I sleep was because of something else?”

“No. No. It was a misunderstanding. You have to let me explain.” Jonghyun’s eyes were watering. You avoided contact with him.

“I think that’s my ten questions done.” You pulled the curtain and laid down on your bed.

“Why do I only remember you taking my heart and breaking it?” you said quietly to yourself. I tear rolled down your eye.