Home Alone

Shh... Don't Tell Anyone...

It was a few days after the incident with you and Jonghyun. You and Jonghyun still weren’t talking to one another. You were walking around the streets after school when your phone rang.

------Phone call-------

You: Yeobseyo
Gi Kwang: Hey Jenny.
You:  Hey oppa, what’s up?
Gi Kwang: Well... my company is going release the teaser for my debut.
You: Oh! Really? Oppa, that’s great! Today?
Gi Kwang: Yeah. At 5pm today.
You: Where will it be released?
Gi Kwang: On my company’s website.
You: Whoa, you’re going to debut on Inkigayo tonight then.
Gi Kwang: I have to go and prepare for my debut. Bye Jenny.
You: Gi Kwang oppa and BEAST fighting!

-------End of phone call-------

“Hm... I should buy him something to congratulate him.” You walked to into a grocery shop and bought some ingredients and went back to your dorm. You wanted to bake Gi Kwang and his group members a cake. You made the mix for it and you poured It into the tray when you realised that the oven was working.

“Fudgecakes! How am I going to bake the cake?” you pressed your lips together thought of what to do next.

“I’ll ask Vicky” you grabbed the tray and went over to Vicky’s dorm and knocked on the door but no one opened up.

“Hey noona.” You turned around and saw Taemin walking towards you.

“Oh, hey Taemin. What’s up?”

“Oh, I was just on my way back to the dorm and I saw you knocking on the door of dorm 5B.”

“Oh, I need to bake a cake and my oven isn’t working.”

“Noona, you can bake the cake in SHINee’s dorm. I don’t think the hyungs will mind.”

“Really?”

“Of course, you’re always welcomed in our dorms.” Taemin took the tray off you and you both walked back to SHINee’s dorm.

You walked into the dorm and saw Minho playing a video game, Key was cleaning up the living room and Onew was laying down on the couch watching Minho play his game.

“Hey Jenny” they all said in unison.

“Hey.”

“Hyung, is it okay if Jenny noona bakes her cake here?”

“Sure, if she gives us some later”

“I’ll make you guys another cake later, I have to make this cake for the BEAST sunbaes.”

“BEAST?”

“Yeah, Gi Kwang oppa and his group members are debuting on Inkigayo tonight and I’m making this cake for them.” You smiled as you walked over to their oven and turned it on.

“Whoa, BEAST is so lucky. They debut and they get a cake and we don’t.” Key walked up behind you.

“I have some time, how about I make you guys a cake too?” you suggested.

“Really? Omo! Jenny loves me the most, that’s why she’s going to make me a cake!” Key said excitedly as he stuck his stuck out at the other members.

“Jenny! How could you? You’re meant to love me the most!” Onew gave you a sad look.

“What? No… I love the two maknaes the most.” You laughed.

“Really? Noona! I love you too!” Taemin went up to hug you but then someone pulled him back.

“Taemin, you shouldn’t be so close to her, she might just contaminate you.” said Jonghyun. You narrowed your eyes at him.

“Yah! What’s your problem? We weren’t joking around with you. Why must you always ruin the fun?”

“You’re in my dorm so it doesn’t matter if I ruin your fun or not.”

“Jonghyun, just go away.”

“It’s my dorm!”

“Hyung… let’s go play video games.” Minho pulled Jonghyun away.

“Jenny, do you need help with making the cake?” Key offered.

“Sure, I guess I need someone to make sure that I don’t stuff up.” you laughed.

“Shall we start?” Key grabbed two aprons and put one on you and one on himself.

You and Key were cooking together and Jonghyun couldn’t concentrate on the video game.

“Jonghyun, let me play, you are losing badly. I’ll save your image.” Onew grabbed the controller off Jonghyun and Jonghyun went and sat on the couch. He was thinking to himself until he asked Onew out loud.

“Do you think she’s trying to get close to Key?”

“Is he holding her hand? You don’t need to hold hands when mixing cake mix.”

“Are they going onto skin ship already?”

“Why do they need to stand so close?”

Onew was just listening to the question while playing the game.

“Gosh, why don’t you just go over there and stop their closeness then.” Onew said, still looking at the screen.

Minho then paused the game. “Yah! I was about to win!” Onew shouted out.

“Onew hyung, I was going to win.” Minho then turned to Jonghyun. “Hyung… are you jealous of Ki Bum hyung because he’s so close to Jenny noona?”

“What?! No! As if I’m jealous! Why would I be jealous? I would feel sorry, sorry for Ki Bum because he’s so close to her and is exposed to her stubbornness.” Jonghyun was blushing.

“Hyung! You’re face is red!” Taemin shouted out causing you and Key to turn around. You walked towards Jonghyun.

“Whoa! Your face really is red.” You touched his head. “Well… you don’t have a fever.” You walked back to the kitchen.

“Wait! Jenny, I think he does have a fever!” Onew shouted out to you.

“Well, check his temperature.” You shouted back.

“What? I don’t have a temperature.” Jonghyun said, he felt his forehead.

“Yes you do, your face is like red and you don’t look so well.” Onew patted Jonghyun on the shoulder.

Then Taemin came out of nowhere and shoved a thermometer into Jonghyun’s mouth.

“Yah! I don’t have a fever.”

“Well your body says different. Look! Your temperature is 40 degrees Celsius” Key said.

“What?! No.”

“Let’s ask Jenny.”

Minho called you over and you went over and looked at the thermometer.

“Aigoo! You’re temperature like really high. You should rest.”

“Guys, we have… that schedule… to go to…” Onew nudge Key.

“Oh! Yeah! That… filming… thing…” Key followed along.

“Too bad Jonghyun is sick. Jenny, can you look after him? We’re late and we can’t really call anyone and since you’re already here…”

“Say no more. Just go. Wait! Is it possible for you guys to stop at Inkigayo and give the cake to BEAST for me?” you said running back to the kitchen. You came back with the cake that you made. It was cut up in into 10 pieces and each piece was put inside a little box and all those little boxes were put into a large box.

Minho grabbed the large box and the others waved goodbye to you. When they walked out the door, Onew turned to Taemin.

“Yah, how did you get the thermometer to go up so high?”

“Hair dryer” Taemin smiled back cheekily.

“Aigoo… you smart one.” Onew rubbed Taemin’s head.

“I also put up the temperature in the dorm.”

“Taemin! You’re so dirty, you want them to slowly take off their…” Onew looked at Taemin worried.

“What? I did it so that hyung’s temperature would go up.”

Onew let out a sigh of relief. “Oh, ok, that’s good.”

~~~~~Meanwhile with you and Jonghyun~~~~~

“I’m not sick” Jonghyun said to you.

“Well that’s not what the thermometer said.” you said showing him the thermometer.

“Well, it’s lying.”

“Thermometers don’t lie stupid.”

“Why’d you stay and look after me?”

“Because it won’t be fair on the other members if you make them sick.”

“Whatever, I’m watching TV.” Jonghyun the TV but you picked up the remote and turned it off. He then picked up the remote and turned it back on and you picked it up and turned it off. Jonghyun then went to grab for the remote but then it was in your hand.

“Go to bed and rest. Watching TV will not make you feel better.”

“How would you know?”

“Just shut up and go.”

“No.”

“Fine. Be like that. I just won’t show you my sister’s reaction to the prank.” You walked away.

“Wait! Wait! I’ll… I’ll go to bed…” Jonghyun stood up, defeated, he walked to his room. He reached the door and turned around.

“Well aren’t you going to get the video?”

“Alright, alright, I’m going. Sheesh.”

You went to get the camera and came back. You walked into Jonghyun’s room and saw him sitting on the bed with his shirt off. You were shocked and you quickly went back out of the room.

“Sheesh, it’s just a guy shirtless, nothing that you haven’t seen at a beach.”

You took a deep breath and walked back into Jonghyun’s room.

“Why don’t you put your shirt back on?” You said covering your eyes.

“It’s hot in here. Must be the fever.” Your face scrunched up. Jonghyun walked up to you and moved your hands away from your face. You kept your eyes closed.

“If you don’t open your eyes, I’ll kiss you.” You quickly opened your eyes but you awkwardly, looked up at the ceiling.

“Come on; let’s watch your sister’s reaction.” Jonghyun grabbed the camera off you and turned it on.

“Are you going to watch it with me?”

“No...” you looked around awkwardly.

Jonghyun grabbed your hand and pulled you down to sit next to him on his bed. You gulped and looked awkward.

“Jenny.”

“Eh?”

“You’re face is really red.” Jonghyun looked at your face. “Maybe it’s because you’re wearing a thick hoodie. Just take it off. You’re sweating like a pig.”

“What?” your eyes widened up.

“A sweaty look on a girl is not pretty.”

You let out a sigh. “Fine” you took off your hoodie but you were standing up.

“Aren’t you going to sit down?” Jonghyun looked up at you.

“Um... y-y-y-yeah...” you stuttered.

You sat down next to Jonghyun but you left a 30cm gap between you two. Jonghyun the video and while watching the video, you and Jonghyun were laughing your heads off and you two were slowly moving closer to one another. After watching the video, the dorm was still hot.

“Hey, you want to cake?” you asked Jonghyun.

“Sure, why not? I want to know how good your cooking is.”

“Whatever.” You and Jonghyun walked to the kitchen and you took out the cake that you made with Key before out of the fridge. You cut two pieces out of the cake.

You two were eating it when Jonghyun took a piece of his cake and smeared a bit of it on your nose.

“Yah!” you pouted. Jonghyun laughed at you. You secretly grabbed your piece of cake and threw it at Jonghun and it hit his chest. You started to spread it out across his chest.

“Yah!”

You stuck your tongue out of him and grabbed more cake and threw it at Jonghyun.

“You’re going to get it.” Jonghyun grabbed some more cake and threw it at you.

You two were having your food fight when the rest of the SHINee members stepped into the room. You and Jonghyun stopped and froze.