LET’S FACE THE WORLD

Love Me Again

 

It was 7:00 a.m. in the morning, Joe woke up wearing only his boxer, we was still laying in the bed and staring at Jennie’s face who is still sleeping peacefully. He was just smiling and felt happy that the girl she loved was on his side. Suddenly Jennie open her eyes, Joe was acting that he was still sleeping to hide shyness that they did last night. Jennie open her eyes and look at Joe’s face and look at herself covered by a white blanket wearing nothing. She covered all of her body and try not to make some noise to not him wake up but when she want to stand up Joe grab her hand cause her to lay down again in her position. She was surprised, Joe went inside into her blanket and they were covered by the blanket. Jennie was so shy that they were on that position, Joe went into her top and staring at her with a smiling face but she was give him an awkward smile.

Joe: yah! What’s with that smile…weh? are you not happy last night?

Jennie: weh???get off… (she wanted to sit but Joe moved his face closer to her, she gulp nervously)

Joe: weh? don’t you like what happened last night?

Jennie: yah…don’t want to talk about it…(her eyes went bigger as Joe kissing her again into his forehead, down to her cheek and into her neck and she just let him because she also want it)

Joe: (he just keep kissing her) want to do it again?(laughing)

Jennie: aishhh…just get off me… (Joe began to , Joe moved down his body to touch Jennie’s skin, Jennie carry his weight coz Joe was on her top)

Joe: shireooo…(he kiss her lips and began to start to heat the situation again. They enjoyinh the moment when Joe’s Mom knock on his door cause them to get panic and Joe quickly stand up, and take his clothes on he hide Jennie on his locker with Jennie doesn’t wear anything but a blanket.

Joe Mom: (she open the door and got surprised Joe was still on his bed) Oh Joe, come on…rise is shine…

Joe: deh Omma… just wait me downstairs…

Joe Mom: deh, ok… I’m going to the grocery store would you like to come?

Joe: ani Omma, I’m tired… I want to sleep all day (his Mom slap her )

Joe Mom: yah! So lazy huh…get up get up… kure, if you’re hungry, I’d prepare your favorite…eat a lot later..arasso?

Joe: deh Omma, (his Mom left, he opened the locker and he saw Jennie was sweating a lot that makes him laugh so much)

Jennie: yah! Weh??? is it funny hiding in that cabinet?

Joe: (he hug her and kiss her forehead) mianhe…come here…you hungry?

Jennie: deh… I lost all of my strength… I think I can’t even walk…

Joe: yah! Are you making excuses? Come here (he give her another kiss and they went into the bed again)

Jennie: yah! (slap him hard) yah!!!what do you think of me? Can you please at least let me eat???

Joe: hahahahaah…I’m just kidding… I’m also tired you know… I’ll wait you on the kitchen ok? Go and wear your clothes.

Jennie: ok…

 

Pol POV

Jasmine: yah yeobo, did you call Joe last night if what happened? I can’t contact Jennie’s phone until now…

Pol: ah deh, let’s try calling him (he was calling Joe) yeoboseyo?

Joe on the phone: yeoboseyo???

Pol: how are you?

Joe: happy…niceee… hey… what did you tell to Jennie when I left the beach?

Pol: I told her that you’re going back to California then she immediately left us.

Joe: chincha??? Thanks bro…it was a best night of my life.

Pol: yah! What do you mean by that? (Joe turn off the call) aishhh… hahahah…

Days has passed, Joe has 1 week more to stay in Korea. The two of them having a lot of time spending together. One day Rey’s mother went to Jennie’s office to talk to her about what she heard between her and Joe, she was so angry at her.

Rey’s Mom: Jennie…(she open the door)

Employee 1: annyeonghaseyp Madam, what can I do for you?

Rey’s Mom: as you heard I want to see Ms. Park, is she here?

Employee 2: ah deh Madam, (Jennie went out to her office hearing Rey’s mother voice)

Jennie: annyeonghaseyo Aunt…what are you doing here?

Rey’s Mom: weh? can’t I come here in my own company?

Jennie: ani Aunt, that’s not what I mean…

Rey’s Mom: I want to see you if you’re ok…are you having fun lately without my son here?

Jennie: what do you want to tell aunt?

Rey’s Mom: so you’re acting that you don’t know anything…how could you???(she slap hard Jennie on her face, all of the employee inside the office was surprised)

Jennie: Aunt, weh?

Rey’s Mom: weh???!!! aishhh…this girl…if I heard anything about you and that guy again I’ll make sure that you’ll lose your job. If you want to pay your family’s debt then do what you need to do before Rey will know this. I want you to leave that guy…

Jennie: Aunt…(Rey’s mother left but she’s still standing there with a shocked reaction)

Jennie went into their coffee shop, her mother was always there everyday checking their shop.

Jennie mom: Jennie, oh…what are you doing here? (she was sitting in one of the customers table in the corner)

Jennie: Omma, mianhe…(she hug her and tears were flowing on her face)

Jennie Mom: weh? what happen?

Jennie: mianhe Omma… I want to help our family… I love him Omma…otteoke???Omma… (she was crying so hard) Joe, the guy I love Omma he is back…

Jennie Mom: oh Jennie,.. (she didn’t say anything and just let her daughter cry out loud)

 

Joe POV

Joe: good morning! (he went to see Jennie’s father in the hospital.

Nurse: annyeonghaseyo…what can I do for you sir?

Joe: can I know Mr. Park room? (the nurse told him and he went inside the room, he was holding a flower and basket of fruits for the patient)

He saw Jennie’s father laying on the bed, he went near him and sat on the chair beside the bed. He started talking to the comatose patient.

Joe: annyeonghaseyo, we don’t even have the chance to meet once and this is the first time, nice to meet you Sir… my name is Joe Jung, I love your daughter so much, I want you to know that I’ll never hurt her…please let us be happy…Jennie suffered a lot of pain Sir and I want her to be happy. I’ll pray to God for your health Sir, I hope someday we can have a time to talk, I hope that you’ll going to be ok. (Someone open the door and it was Jennie and her mother, the three of them look surprised)

Jennie: Joe??? What are you doing here?

Jennie Mom: Joe? it’s been a long time…

Joe: (he stand up) ah deh Aunt, annyeonghaseyo… I just came to visit him… I was about to leave then…

Jennie Mom: it’s good to see you Joe…don’t leave first and have lunch with us…

Joe: thank you but I’m going to eat at home Aunt…(he feel shy)

Jennie Mom: ah…ani,, don’t be shy…just eat with us…I brought lot of food.

Jennie: deh, Omma cooked it all…just have lunch first and you can go home. Arasso???

Joe: arasso…

They were eating lunch that Jennie’s mother prepared. Jennie went outside to buy bottled water coz they forgot to bring one.

Jennie Mom: (she and Joe left inside the room) Joe, I know everything and I want you to know that I’m not against on your realtionship… I also want Jennie to be happy… so I want to tell you that it’s not even important to me if we can get back our company because I just want a simple life to live. But because my family have a lots of debts with Rey’s family Jennie has no choice but to their fathers will.

Joe: Aunt, I love her so much…I don’t want to leave her again nor she leave me… I want to be with her side when she was lonely and having a hard time.

Jennie Mom: she is getting married Joe…

Joe: aunt, I’ll never let her get married… let me help you…let me help you pay your debts…

Jennie mom: no Joe, it’s not your problem…

Joe: aniya…I’ll do anything for Jennie… please let me help aunt…

After that, Jennie and Joe went to a fancy restaurant to have a dinner. Jennie’s mom left in the hospital to take care of her husband.

Jennie: what’s the matter? You look so tired lately?

Joe: ani…just thinking something…

Jennie: what is it?

Joe: Jennie, did you talk him? Rey? (Jennie didn’t answered)… when did you plan to tell him?

Jennie: Joe, I’m planning to tell him when he came back… (her mobile phone is ringing and Rey’s number appeared on the screen) yeoboseyo???

Rey on the phone: yeoboseyo? Where are you???  I’m back..(Jennie widened her eyes when she heard it) are you still there?

Jennie: deh… where are you? I’ll go to you…

Rey on the phone: ah deh… I’m going in to your house…see you in a minute…bye…

Joe: who is it? is it Rey?

Jennie: he was here… I need to go…

Joe: let me go with you…

Jennie: ani… you don’t have to, I need to face him all by myself… I’ll call you later…(she ride a taxi, but Joe followed her all the way to her house)

Rey: he was waiting outside their house because no one is at home, Jennie’s mom was still in the hospital.) Jennie???(he run towards her and hug her)

Jennie: Rey… I thought you’re going back end of the month?

Rey: weh? don’t you miss me??? I miss you…(he kiss her on her lips but Jennie refuse to accept the kiss and push him) weh??? is there other man again?

Jennie: stop telling me that I’m having an affair when you’re the one doing that…I knew it Rey..i know all those girls you datet…

Rey: it’s your fault, you’re not giving me enough attention…remember that you’re nothing without my family… so stop playing hard to get…

Jennie: please Rey stop it… (Jennie’s mom went home and saw Rey what is he doing to her daughter)

Jennie Mom: Rey???

Rey: (he was shocked) I was just…

Jennie Mom: what do you think you’re doing? Don’t you know how to respect my daughter??? (she was angry)

Rey: deh, your daughter is playing hard to get, she’s my fiancé but she can’t even act like one.

Jennie Mom: aigooo…where is your manner Rey???

Rey: without my family’s help your family will be nothing… all of you are nothing…(he raise his voice and disrespect Jennie’s mother)

Joe: (a car stop in front of them and Joe went out of the car) what’s with your attitude???

Rey: pfffttt…oh we meet again loser!!! Ah…chincha… so this is why Jennie acting strange lately??? You’re here again ruining our life…

Joe: am i? or you’re the one doing that to yourself? How could you treat like that your future mother-in-law?

Rey: why do you care huh?!!! Could you please leave? KAH!!!

Joe: I’ll leave if you stay away from them…

Rey: look who’s talking? Yah!!!KAH!!!KAH!!! or do you want me to teach you how to leave?

Jennie: Joe, please go… (Joe go back to his car and leave)

Rey: ishhh…what is he doing here? Are you having an affair with him??? Ok, it’s your choice Jennie, do you want to go back with that guy or you don’t even care about your father? Hahahaahaha… I’m going…see you tomorrow…let’s have dinner…

Jennie’s mother: what happened to you Rey? What happen to the Rey I knew???

Rey: everybody’s changing Aunt…

It’s been three days since Rey came back, Jennie was always with him, after work he was always there. Jennie can’t even have the chance to see and go out with Joe since Rey came back…Joe get a chance to talk to her when he saw Rey and Jennie in a restaurant. Rey went to the washroom and he get the chance to talk to her and drag her outside the restaurant.

Joe: what’s going on Jennie?

Jennie: Joe, mianhe… (she can’t even look Joe’s eyes)

Joe: how about us??? I’m leaving Korea next week so are you planning to broke up with him or not? (jennie didn’t respond) ok… I get it…you’re always telling me that you love me but the truth is? You don’t love me(Joe left her)

Jennie: Joe…please just give me time to think all of this…

Joe: call me if you’re ready… for now, let’s stop seeing each other…

End of chapter