I CAN’T HELP IT!

Love Me Again

 

Jennie POV

Jennie is decided to go back to their room…suddenly she was crying, she can’t help but to cry not just because she was jealous of what she saw but because she can’t admit to herself that she was deeply in love to Joe.

Joe: (he was fast getting inside their room and went to the comfort room when Jennie was coming and bumped into him) yah, don’t you have eyes?

Jennie: (covering her face by her hands and her long hair. She doesn’t know that the guy she was talking was Joe) mianhe… mianhe…

Joe: (he looks at her face and noticed that Jennie is crying) why are you crying? (he hold her hands)

Jennie: (she wiped her tears when he heard a familiar voice) don’t touch me, kah!

Joe: Jennie, what happened? Tell me is it Rey? What did he do?

Jennie: aniya…don’t tell this to him…he didn’t do anything wrong, excuse me…

Joe: Jennie? Wait…

Jennie: please…leave me alone…

Rey POV

Rey: (she was looking for his girlfriend) Jennie, there you are, what happened? Gwenchana?

Jennie: ah, deh… (Wiped her tears) mianhe Rey, I just can’t help it…

Rey: can’t help what? What is it? You know you can tell me everything…

Jennie: (she want to be honest but she don’t want to hurt Rey so she think for another reason why she cried) Omma, and Oppa leave me again and went to a business trip..

Rey: ohhh, aigoo Jennie, you make me worried so much, if you want I could sleep in your house tonight.

Jennie: (she can’t think any excuses why did she cry) ani, it’s ok…I’m going to be alright, our maids are in the house so I’ll be fine.

Rey: ani, I’ll come at your house tonight…ok?

 

Joe POV

Class ended, Joe went home and he saw a car outside their house. He was excited that his parents went home.

Joe: Omma! Appa! (he hugged them)

Joe father: oh, look at you, you’ve changed… mianhe Joe, we’re didn’t come home on your birthday…

Joe: It’s ok Appa… I know you two are busy…

Joe father: but I have a present for you my son, come… let’s go to the garage…

Joe Mom: oh son, we want you to have this gift, close your eyes first…

Joe: daebak! Omma, Appa, is this for me? kamsahamnida…(he saw a motorbike, 2013 Ducati Superbike 848 EVO Corse)

Joe Father: you need that to go to school, since your 19 now, here’s your license…and don’t do anything reckless arasso?

Joe: can I test it?

Joe Mom: come home early? I’ll cook your favorite kimchi chigae, arasso?

Joe: neh, Omma!

 

Pol POV

Pol: daebak! Is this yours?

Joe: come on, let’s take a ride and I want you to meet my parents.

Pol: ohhh, am I your girlfriend? (Teasing him)

Joe: yah! just put your helmet..KAJA!

Pol: (they stop by in Jennie’s house) hey, is that Rey’s car? Oh…

Joe: yeh, I saw her crying earlier, I want to know why but he keep on pushing me away…

Pol: maybe because of him…maybe not, they look sweet…

Joe: yah! stop it…

Pol: jealous? Come on, start the engine…

 

Jennie POV

Jennie: thanks Rey.

Rey: oh Jennie, my Mom called me to have dinner meeting with them, I can’t come here tonight but call me if you need anything…ok?

Jennie: ara, (she went inside the room and change her clothes. She decided to buy chips on the near grocery store) *dialed her Mother’s number* yeoboseyo?oh Omma…

Jennie’s Mother on the phone: yeoboseyo? Oh Jennie, why? Did something happen?

Jennie: ani, just want to ask what time you’ll be at home?

Jennie’s Mother: oh, maybe tomorrow night oh Jennie I need to hangup now, take care arasso? I love you.

Jennie: ok Omma, I love you too. (she was walking near the store when Pol call her)

Pol: Jennie! Anyyeong?!

Jennie: where were you heading?

Pol: oh, I just want to buy a soda, Joe’s parents are home so he invited me to meet them. How about you?

Jennie: I’m going to buy instant food and chips…

Pol: are you all by yourself tonight?

Jennie: neh,my parents were too busy on their business trip… I wish my Mom is here to cook me my favorite kimchi chigae…

Pol: yah! come with me…let’s have dinner with Joe’s family, Kaja (he dragged her into Joe’s residence)

Joe: (he was surprised) what are you doing here? Oh, I mean…

Jennie: I should go now Pol…

Pol: yah! come back here…(holding Jennie’s arm) I saw her at the store and decided to invite her, besides she’s all by herself…her parents are not around…

Joe: ok just come on in, dinner is ready…(they went inside)

 

Joe POV

Joe Mom: oh, annyeonghaseyo…you must be Pol? You’re a good looking man…oh, so who is this beautiful lady here?

Pol: oh, she is our classmate Aunt, and she lives near here in this village…

Joe Mom: oh is that so, what is your name then?

Jennie: annyeonghaseyo, I’m Jennie Park..nice meeting you…

Joe Mom: Park? You mean you’re the daughter of James Park? One of the owner of the famous Elle Company? Glad to meet you Jennie..come on let’s eat…

Jennie: nice meeting you Aunt…

Joe Father: so how’s school for you guys? did my son doing bad things at school?

Pol: oh, aniyo, you’re son is nice guy Uncle, there aren’t any problems with him, he was good at academics.

Joe Mom: oh really? did he have a girlfriend at school?

Joe: oh Omma! Stop it…

Pol: he liked a girl but he was too coward to tell to that girl that he likes her a lot.

Joe Omma: oh, really what’s her name? can you invite her someday to have dinner with us…

Joe: ah Omma,

Joe Omma: (she look at Jennie eating a lot) oh, Jennie, is the food taste good?

Jennie: neh Aunt, kimchi chigae is my favorite food…but I don’t know how to cook it…

Joe Omma: oh, I cooked it for Joe because it’s his favorite food too…if I have time, I’ll teach you araso?

Jennie: it will be great aunt,. (Joe is looking at her)

Joe Father: yeobo, we have half hour to go…

Joe: I thought you guys will stay for a night?

Joe Mom: we are sorry Joe, it’s a very important meeting… don’t be sad…I hope you could understand us…

Joe: I always understand you…but how about me? did you even try to ask me if it was ok for me to be left here? (Joe went outside the house)

Joe father: come on yeobo…let’s go, I’m sure he will be alright…nice meeting the two of you…

Jennie & Pol: nice meeting you too Uncle, thank you for the dinner…have a safe trip…

 

Jennie: oh we’re is your friend?

Pol: (a minute later Joe went home) hey Joe, they left! I need to go home too, my Father is looking for me…

Joe: should I give a ride?

Pol: ani, I’m fine…(he planned to leave Jennie and Joe to have a talk)

Joe: ok bye…(he sit on the porch)how about you? You want e to walk you home?

Jennie: it’s fine, I can walk by myself… (suddenly it’s raining)

Joe: stay until the rain is gone…

Jennie: aniya, I should go home now… (Joe hold her arm)

Joe: wait, at least let me walk with you, wait here… (he run to his room to get his jacket and umbrella)

Jennie: (Joe lend his jacket for her) kamsahamnida… let’s go then…

Joe: (they were walking) are you ok now? when I saw you crying I can’t help myself to get worried about you…

Jennie: ah deh, I’m ok now so don’t worry too much

Joe: even though I don’t know the reason of your tears, i don’t want to see you again like that…I hope you’ll always stay cheerful girl I’ve known…

Jennie: deh, (smiling) oh, we’re here…thank you… take care…

Joe: ok, (then a sudden lightning strikes, Jennie hid herself on Joe’s body, the guy embrace him to show that she is safe) don’t be afraid… it’s ok now…

Jennie: (Jennie hugged Joe tightly and was afraid to went inside the house alone) can you send me inside the house, just a moment please…

Joe: ok, come on… (they reached the house door) ok it’s ok now, we’re inside the house…

Jennie: (she released her hugged since they are inside the house) kombawo…

Joe: you sure you’re fine? I could stay for a while if you want…

Jennie:  ok, let’s go inside, let’s wait for the rain to stop, I’ll get you a coffee…

Joe: ok, (waiting for Jennie, he walks around the living room and saw a photo album) she’s cute…ahahahahahaha!

Jennie: hey, what are you laughing at…come and sit, have a coffee… (they look at Jennie’s childhood photo)

Joe: yeapoda! Cute! (he was smiling but when he saw a picture of a boy kissing Jennie’s cheek his smile faded away) you…

Jennie: (he quickly took the picture and hide it) oh, hope the rain will stop pouring…Thank you for sending me…and…(she suddenly stopped talking when Joe hugged her) weh?

End of chapter